What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I am a University of Colorado Golden Buffalo

How can't tell you how often, when I tell someone I went to CU, they say "that must have been. AWESOME!". I'm I'm like, "yep, pretty much". Some folks concentrate only on the football, but overwhelmingly they understand that I was part of something very, very cool, and a majority of those folks demonstrate something that looks suspiciously like envy.

The football team is a link to our school, and the Buffs are my favorite team in my favorite sport. So I'm there for them thick or thin for the team--it hurts when they lose and I love the victories. But obviously being a Buff is being part of the entire University system which is bigger than the football team.

GO BUFFS! Pissbombs forever!

I definitely hear the hint of envy when people ask me as well. It used to piss me off but then I realized the undercurrent tone of their questions. The questions usually stop when I repsond, "I learned a lot, I had a blast. It was definitely a good place." Sometimes I get the follow up/lead-in, "You must be a pro skier by now." When I respond no, it gets them thinking a little bit.

GO BUFFS!!

"You must be a pro skier by now." When I respond no, it gets them thinking a little bit.

People are very confused when I tell them I've lived in Colorado since I was 5 and don't ski or snowboard, which is understandable because I'm very confused when I hear someone has lived in California their whole life and they aren't a douchebag.

Awesome thread...we shouldn't quit being Buffs because of what Hawkins has done for the Buffs of late. It teaches us to not go into meltdown mode or even suicide watch if I was a kNU fan.

People are very confused when I tell them I've lived in Colorado since I was 5 and don't ski or snowboard, which is understandable because I'm very confused when I hear someone has lived in California their whole life and they aren't a douchebag.

You are not alone...people have asked me the same stuff.

Awesome thread...we shouldn't quit being Buffs because of what Hawkins has done for the Buffs of late. It teaches us to not go into meltdown mode or even suicide watch if I was a kNU fan.

Well said! Ummmm, wait...wut??

You are not alone...people have asked me the same stuff.

don't sell yourself short, you're a tremendous douchebag.

I've bled silver, black and gold long before Dan Hawkins arrived, I will bleed silver, black and gold long after Dan Hawkins is gone. I witnessed the good (Mac years) I've witnessed the bad (the Hawk era) and the ugly as well (The "scandal")

I'm still here. I'll still be here. I'll be here till the day I die.

Go Buffs! Better days are ahead:drink2::thumbsup:

you'll be 'here'...only in Iowa.... :(

went to my first game with my Dad in 76. he was in CU law. Buff for life after that. i went to Vanderbilt for undergrad because i wanted something different and had a smallish scholarship and they were going to let me try and walk on to the golf team. ended up t-ferring to Colorado College due to some family issues. but, i came back to CU for both grad degrees.....choosing CU over Southern Cal and Illinois.

but echo the sentiments of others....just being on campus at CU is awesome.

I've bled silver, black and gold long before Dan Hawkins arrived, I will bleed silver, black and gold long after Dan Hawkins is gone. I witnessed the good (Mac years) I've witnessed the bad (the Hawk era) and the ugly as well (The "scandal")

I'm still here. I'll still be here. I'll be here till the day I die.

Go Buffs! Better days are ahead:drink2::thumbsup:

Hear, hear!!

philly, I started this thread last nov. I was about to make very similar post in dbt's "vibes" thread and remembered I had already posted what I wanted to say. So I just bumped this one.

i'm attempted to refrain from making negative posts, but i'm also less than thrilled about the current state of affairs.

Back