What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I am hearing grumblings...

In 2006, Ray Polk returned 8 kicks for Brophy Prep for 253 yards. His long was an 80 yard return.

In 2007, he returned 11 for 206 yards. His long was a 44 yard return.

19 returns, 459 yards

In 2008, Andre Simmons returned 16 kicks for 367 yards

In 2007, Andre had 1 kick return for 12 yards.

17 returns 379 yards

I didn't look up Simmons's high school stats, but I think we could go either way here. Better then Jaffee or Espinoza :lol:.

That will work out great when we play a team from the 5A Desert Valley league.

All this talk about PR means nothing to me now. All I want to see is the PR catch the ball and avoid his own blocker...I'd call that progress.

Maybe they will put Kasa back there. Can you imagine that beast running the ball at you. :lol:

and a few more names (each was also a regular starter and most were arguably the most or one of the most athletic players on the team) who returned kicks/punts...

deon figures
walter stanley
byron white
terrence wheatley

Roman #5

What a waste of talent. :sad1:

I haven't even thought of that guy in years. He's probably in prison somewhere now.

um...

actually, he transferred to mesa state or some other small school like that and he was conference player of the year, if i recall correctly. he then went on to a fairly long career in the nfl, mostly with the green bay packers.

so, while i don't know what happened to him after that, i am not sure he'd agree he wasted his talent. it didn't work out for him at CU (grades and some off-the-field stuff). but, the guy could ball.

what about chris hudson? he returned punts and won the thorpe i believe?

That guys was great for CU.... anyone remember his strip against Miami that gave us the ball with a chance to win.... only to be called for offensive facemask????? which resulted in Marolt accosting the ref....:confused:

can we have those days back:cry:

more on walter stanley...

he did transfer to mesa. he played 7 years in the nfl. here's an old article about him.

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/1997/10/25/1/

it doesn't sound like prison was part of the equation. he did donate a porsche to charity per this old article. so, that probably equates to him being a convict or something.

um...

actually, he transferred to mesa state or some other small school like that and he was conference player of the year, if i recall correctly. he then went on to a fairly long career in the nfl, mostly with the green bay packers.

so, while i don't know what happened to him after that, i am not sure he'd agree he wasted his talent. it didn't work out for him at CU (grades and some off-the-field stuff). but, the guy could ball.

I think you may be somewhat mixing him up with Donnie Holmes. Both were run out of CU and ended up at Mesa during the Bob Cortese era over here. (Awesome coach, very nearly brought home a national championship, and most likely was dirty as hell.... :huh:) Stanley never actually played here, though. Seems to me there was a bit more trouble, either academic or legal, and he ended up going into the NFL without setting foot on the field here... Still remember him winning a turkey day game either for or against the Lions with a TD return of the opening kickoff of OT...

Holmes went on to put up some big numbers here and was drafted into the NFL. Played there for a while. Thinking about what might have been if they had stayed together at CU is enough to make you drool and cry at the same time... :sad1:

I think you may be somewhat mixing him up with Donnie Holmes. Both were run out of CU and ended up at Mesa during the Bob Cortese era over here. (Awesome coach, very nearly brought home a national championship, and most likely was dirty as hell.... :huh:) Stanley never actually played here, though. Seems to me there was a bit more trouble, either academic or legal, and he ended up going into the NFL without setting foot on the field here... Still remember him winning a turkey day game either for or against the Lions with a TD return of the opening kickoff of OT...

Holmes went on to put up some big numbers here and was drafted into the NFL. Played there for a while. Thinking about what might have been if they had stayed together at CU is enough to make you drool and cry at the same time... :sad1:

You know too much about Mesa State...:smile2::smile2:

maybe you should follow them instead of the Buffs :thumbsup:

you are absolutely, positively, incorrect. clink the packer link in my last post.

walter is also in the CU record books for his return process too. he played at CU and played well. he had a flashy camaro he used to rip thru campus in. he was tossed from school, but it was a fairly minor thing. he was a good guy, as i recall.

you are absolutely, positively, incorrect. clink the packer link in my last post.

walter is also in the CU record books for his return process too. he played at CU and played well. he had a flashy camaro he used to rip thru campus in. he was tossed from school, but it was a fairly minor thing. he was a good guy, as i recall.

a Mesa State grad is being :duel2:

:popcorn:

I clicked the Packer link. Did you read the part about him not having played competitively for three years prior to being drafted out of Mesa State? He played at CU before getting tossed out. Never played at Mesa.

You're on my turf now, friend... :smile2:

I clicked the Packer link. Did you read the part about him not having played competitively for three years prior to being drafted out of Mesa State? He played at CU before getting tossed out. Never played at Mesa.

:silvercup: Liver

:goldcup: Junction

aha! comprehension issues after margies at lunch! i thought you meant he never played at CU.

how the hell would i know if actually played at mesa? grand junction had like 12 human residents and a few thousand head of livestock back in those days. the only reason to go there was to stop for gasoline on the way to vegas.

:smile2:

more on walter stanley...

he did transfer to mesa. he played 7 years in the nfl. here's an old article about him.

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/1997/10/25/1/

it doesn't sound like prison was part of the equation. he did donate a porsche to charity per this old article. so, that probably equates to him being a convict or something.

I'm glad it worked out for him after he got kicked out of CU. He was the only player for Fairbanks that was worth anything, but he got into all kinds of trouble in Boulder.

I'm glad it worked out for him after he got kicked out of CU. He was the only player for Fairbanks that was worth anything, but he got into all kinds of trouble in Boulder.

no. he didn't he got into a couple little bits of trouble. ... not "all kinds" ..

and there were a couple other fairbanks players who were good, too. victor scott played db for dallas for a number of years too. and a couple other guys...

stanley was a nice kid, back in the day.

aha! comprehension issues after margies at lunch! i thought you meant he never played at CU.

how the hell would i know if actually played at mesa? grand junction had like 12 human residents and a few thousand head of livestock back in those days. the only reason to go there was to stop for gasoline on the way to vegas.

:smile2:

Then maybe you shouldn't have posted this... :rolleyes:
um...

I mean, even a few thousand head of livestock could figure out that was kind of a dumbass move on your part.... :lol:

And yeah, there were probably a dozen people here at that point. Of course, there was probably 75,000 more than that a year or so earlier, until Exxon decided to walk away and put them all out of work. But you've got me on a technicality, so I won't argue with you. Besides, I'm starting to feel sorry for you at this point... :cool:

You're thinking Jefferson out of Ridgemont.

no. he didn't he got into a couple little bits of trouble. ... not "all kinds" ..

and there were a couple other fairbanks players who were good, too. victor scott played db for dallas for a number of years too. and a couple other guys...

stanley was a nice kid, back in the day.

Dude was kicked off the team by Chuck Fairbanks. I gotta think that was not an easy accomplishment. Chuck was the guy who taught Barry Switzer how to coach. One of the guys, anyhow. He preceeded Barry at OU.

And like I said, I'm glad he got his stuff turned around. But based on what I remember from his time at CU, and what Junk is reporting about him getting into it at Mesa, the kid had issues. I'm glad he got over them.

Then maybe you shouldn't have posted this... :rolleyes:
... :cool:

for ****'s sake, i got ONE tiny part wrong FROM MEMORY (that he was conf. poy at mesa) about something that happened 25 ****ing years ago.

don't test me, boy. don't test. :lol:

What the **** happened to this thread? I watch two episodes of Dexter and it turns into this!? I think we can all agree that Hawk won't be putting anyone back there that we will confuse with best of all time.

Back