What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I believe the team will rally next year

there are some reasons for some little bit of hope.

the safeties weren't playing well, so they switched them out.

the o-line was very, very young this year (highly recruited, but young) and improved over the year. eventually, they did put 5 guys on the field who were working together.

the d-line was supposed to be a big weakness (and it was, early), but they started coming on as the year progressed.

CU upgraded, athletically, at qb and with some more reps, i think th could be pretty good.

simas emerged. mcknight showed why he is our best wr.

there is some talent on this team. and, we've got some guys who redshirted who will really help next year too.

recruiting is probably going to suck big this year so we are going to have a talent gap coming in, but we do have some guys in the program now who can play at the b12 level.

now, the counter argument to all this is simple: our coaching sucks. on this point, i must agree. but, let's suppose kiesau leaves for portland state. hopefully, hawk will get an experienced coordinator in who knows how to call plays. that would help. and maybe a couple of other staff changes too? it could happen.

stupid penalties, horrific special teams, and crappy use of personnel can all be cured IF you have talent to work with. that's why i was excited for a new staff. i think a new staff could have come in and won immediately. since that isn't going to happen, we've got to hope these assholes learn how to coach in this off-season.

we aren't totally dead. ... just shot full of holes.

:thumbsup:

I don't believe the notion that we "almost beat" WVU, Texas, OSU, Nebraska.
See now, that's what I like about you guys. You put words into my mouth, :lol: I did not say "almost beat."

I agree with you though, Hawkins hasn't shown that he can win the games he has to. He'd damned well better start. And maybe, while he's at it, win a couple that he shouldn't.

there are some reasons for some little bit of hope.

the safeties weren't playing well, so they switched them out.

the o-line was very, very young this year (highly recruited, but young) and improved over the year. eventually, they did put 5 guys on the field who were working together.

the d-line was supposed to be a big weakness (and it was, early), but they started coming on as the year progressed.

CU upgraded, athletically, at qb and with some more reps, i think th could be pretty good.

simas emerged. mcknight showed why he is our best wr.

there is some talent on this team. and, we've got some guys who redshirted who will really help next year too.

recruiting is probably going to suck big this year so we are going to have a talent gap coming in, but we do have some guys in the program now who can play at the b12 level.

now, the counter argument to all this is simple: our coaching sucks. on this point, i must agree. but, let's suppose kiesau leaves for portland state. hopefully, hawk will get an experienced coordinator in who knows how to call plays. that would help. and maybe a couple of other staff changes too? it could happen.

stupid penalties, horrific special teams, and crappy use of personnel can all be cured IF you have talent to work with. that's why i was excited for a new staff. i think a new staff could have come in and won immediately. since that isn't going to happen, we've got to hope these assholes learn how to coach in this off-season.

we aren't totally dead. ... just shot full of holes.

:thumbsup:
I agree with everything you said.

we'll see.....

They just need to hang out with Bette Middler and get some wind beneath their wings .

Seems to me they have their guy, nothing but a damn, big talkiing, millionaire hippy. Only problem is, the guy couldnt coach to save his life and please dont give me the Boise stats. I know them and the Big 12 isnt playing against Utah St every weekend. Maybe Hawk can host a conference about global warming, right up his alley.

I understand. But to achieve anything you have to have a vision. If the team does not have a vision that they are winners, then they are lost.

Vision is great. Vision is absolutely necessary to the process.

But vision without a plan is idle daydreaming, and is utterly worthless.

Please show us the plan, as produced from the lips or fingertips of the person occupying the head coaching position, or hell, from any of the coaching staff or leadership, as to how to make that vision a reality.

I have never seen it. All I've ever seen is vague generalities and "almosts".

I believe the guys are behind Hawkins and are pissed and are ready to show you that they are for real. This team will be solid next year. I believe 100% that there isn't a game next year that they cannot win.

I don't know why we had stinkers like against ksu, isu, etc. But we held our own with WVU, Texas, Okie St. and 'braska. Next year, we will be in a position to win those games. I firmly believe it.

When you're led by a loser...and on down the line. It takes COACHING (you know...teaching), not just self serving hippy platitudes to teach these kids how to play this game. 2-10, ****ty recruiting opportunities, ..... get used to it.

I believe the guys are behind Hawkins and are pissed and are ready to show you that they are for real. This team will be solid next year. I believe 100% that there isn't a game next year that they cannot win.

I don't know why we had stinkers like against ksu, isu, etc. But we held our own with WVU, Texas, Okie St. and 'braska. Next year, we will be in a position to win those games. I firmly believe it.
I do, and so does anyone who has seen this team play over the last few years (that isn't delusional). ****ty coaching. Inconsistent and incompetent preparation.

Oh, and we nearly beat Okie state because they had no QB in the first half. Luck. Which the coaching staff was horrible enough to overcome and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory (again).

Well, I guarantee that this is Hawkins last chance.

nope. Benson made the call on this, and he has already said that No matter what, Hawk is back next year. Bohn's hands are completely tied (until he quits after his contract runs out in 2010).

When you're led by a loser...and on down the line. It takes COACHING (you know...teaching), not just self serving hippy platitudes to teach these kids how to play this game. 2-10, ****ty recruiting opportunities, ..... get used to it.
I know for a fact that most of the guys are beind Hawkins. If that matters to you or not is not my concern. The men stand behind their coach and are glad he was retained. They are on a mission.

I know for a fact that most of the guys are beind Hawkins. If that matters to you or not is not my concern. The men stand behind their coach and are glad he was retained. They are on a mission.
How do you know that for a fact? I don't believe you.

Some of them may be, but really, most of them don't play like they are. The lackadaisical effort and constant mental mistakes on both sides of the ball suggest they are not focused at all.

Monty Python was on a miision for the Holy Grail....look comically familiar? :wow:

Monty Python was on a miision for the Holy Grail....look comically familiar? :wow:
Yes...the knight (Eric Idle) who gets all of his limbs cut off and says that he is not dead yet is a perfect comparison to Danny.

Do you truly believe all the nonsense you post here or you just trying to stoke flame fests around here? :smile2:

This might be a surprise to you but every other team in the Big 12 will be on a "mission" and will be behind their coach also.. And they have better coaching and better players than us.

But carry on in your fantasy world that things are going to get better because of a bunch of rah-rah we are on a mission stuff.. It sounds better than what REALITY is..

Make fun of the guys if you want. They will prove you wrong.

I know what you're trying to do here, but at some point DBT, words matter very little. You are free to post a new thread like this every day of the offseason if you so choose, but all it amounts to is puffy bullcrap.

Do you truly believe all the nonsense you post here or you just trying to stoke flame fests around here? :smile2:

This will be DBT's game that he plays all offseason. He has made it his mission to be the board's sunshine pumper. It matters little if any of it actually makes sense, he is just on a mission to go against the grain. I guess it could make the offseason more interesting, but I doubt it.

Get a clue....the only way Danny has a chance in hell is if they bring in some coaches that can bail him out (see Boise St...). You must admit, the reason for their success when Danny was there had everything to do with his staff.

So, yes....bring in some strong coordinators and position coaches, and perhaps we have a chance. Danny can continue his impersonation of Barry Switzer (ie, deer in the headlights) when he was the Cowboys coach...have him depend on his new (and hopefully) capable assistants, and he may succeed.

I hope so, DBT. I really really hope so.

Ignoring your increasingly obnoxious schtick about everybody but you somehow attacking the players just because they are dealing in the reality we've seen for four years, let me just ask why this next year is going to be different? Why didn't we see the kids "on a mission" in 2009? Why didn't things turn around this year? Last year? Why is it suddenly going to happen now? Because you want to think it will? Because Hawk says it's going to? Why?

Like I say, I really want to believe it will. I think the talent is there for it to happen. I just don't see why I should suddenly expect things to change if there are no changes made. Give me the missing piece so I can see your vision. Please!! :smile:

DBT, I am with you buddy. I want to believe that and hope that you are right, but mark me a skeptic.

BTW, when you wrote Bohn and asked how you could help, was the answer "Get that AllBuffs community under control." :smile2:

This will be DBT's game that he plays all offseason. He has made it his mission to be the board's sunshine pumper. It matters little if any of it actually makes sense, he is just on a mission to go against the grain. I guess it could make the offseason more interesting, but I doubt it.

I can see its going to be a long offseason.. :lol:

He is the only true Buff fan here...thus, we need to put (his) blinders on and drink the Zen kool-aid (oops, I meant juicebox)...

Look @ the schedule - 4 wins is hopeful / realistic. But the bright side will be that they will be 10 plays away from a bowl -- if they clean up the little things.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein.

This is the biggest problem with the coaching staff right now. They think, that by doing the same thing over and over again that they'll get good at it. The problem is that they're doing the wrong things. Case in point: Missouri. Everybody who plays them knows what they're going to do. They devise a defense to counter their strengths and are successful in doing so. Everybody, except of course for CU, who goes into every game against them thinking "well, I know they torched us LAST year, but if we just do the same stuff we did last year, only better, we'll win". It's flawed logic, but it's the only logic this staff employs.

We're in for a long ****ing year next year.

This is the biggest problem with the coaching staff right now. They think, that by doing the same thing over and over again that they'll get good at it. The problem is that they're doing the wrong things. Case in point: Missouri. Everybody who plays them knows what they're going to do. They devise a defense to counter their strengths and are successful in doing so. Everybody, except of course for CU, who goes into every game against them thinking "well, I know they torched us LAST year, but if we just do the same stuff we did last year, only better, we'll win". It's flawed logic, but it's the only logic this staff employs.

We're in for a long ****ing year next year.

My apologies Sackman. Yesterday I submitted a post (I forget the thread) in which I listed various obsessions of Allbuffers, like Alferd with his kickers, Mick Ronson with the helmet color and Boulder Buff with special teams. I totally forgot to include your...ummmmm...interest in our defensive game plans vs. Mizzou. Again, apologies.

Back