What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I blame Tad for this one

I think Talton is already starting to look better. He's nowhere near being a good bench contributor, but it isn't a complete disaster whenever he has the ball in his hands like it was at the beginning of the year. I think he can be a very solid role player down the line.

I think the question mark has to come in taking both Talton and Stalzer they seem destined to fill the same role for us.

I think the question mark has to come in taking both Talton and Stalzer they seem destined to fill the same role for us.

Puzzled by it myself. And, not to look too far ahead, but wouldn't be surprised if one bounced out at some point in the next couple years. Although obviously much can change.

It's interesting how, after the Hartford win, so many people were claiming the bench was fine, just overused for the game, and now, after two losses, everyone here is ready to push these guys out the door.

To me, Tad deserves his share of the blame for some of the execution issues, but as we're starting to see, a lot of it is simply talent. This team played over its head through much of the non-conference season, but overall the roster is pretty limited. At the end of games, Tad doesn't have a choice but to stick with his top 5 or 6. There are no shooters, ball handlers, or bigs to bring off the bench. What you see those first five minutes is what you'll get the next 35.

It also makes it easier for teams to adjust, as CTB just doesn't have the lineup versatility to change things up. Having Ski come in as a change of pace for 22-24 minutes last year was huge and we're missing that this year. The lack of depth has also shown itself through some fatigue at the end of games, as well as foul trouble. We just need to regroup a little bit and get through this year. Things should be better next year, as it looks much more likely Dre will be back, and I'd be be surprised if at least a couple of Jenkins, Gordon, Talton, Stalzer, Fletcher, Thomas or Hopkins didn't step up as solid role players.

Puzzled by it myself. And, not to look too far ahead, but wouldn't be surprised if one bounced out at some point in the next couple years. Although obviously much can change.

I agree, someone's going to get squeezed out. With Hopkins coming in and Jenkins in the lineup next year, I wouldn't expect Talton and Stalzer to both see significant minutes. And if we land Collier, things won't look any better in 14. I think one of the two will see the writing on the wall at some point.

I agree, someone's going to get squeezed out. With Hopkins coming in and Jenkins in the lineup next year, I wouldn't expect Talton and Stalzer to both see significant minutes. And if we land Collier, things won't look any better in 14. I think one of the two will see the writing on the wall at some point.

Collier is no different then Talton and Stalzer. All 3 are limited offensively by size or speed and none of them are an offensive threat at a high D1 level. What the Buffs need is another outside scoring threat besides Dinwiddie. Booker is too inconsistent and should come off the bench. Bad recruiting at that position is going to hurt us this year. 2 D1 coaches have that I know of have backed off Collier. Heck, he isn't even the best player on Denver East. Hope Tad has the balls to back out also. Having Talton,Stalzer,Collier and Adams on the bench is a complete waste.

Collier is no different then Talton and Stalzer. All 3 are limited offensively by size or speed and none of them are an offensive threat at a high D1 level. What the Buffs need is another outside scoring threat besides Dinwiddie. Booker is too inconsistent and should come off the bench. Bad recruiting at that position is going to hurt us this year. 2 D1 coaches have that I know of have backed off Collier. Heck, he isn't even the best player on Denver East. Hope Tad has the balls to back out also. Having Talton,Stalzer,Collier and Adams on the bench is a complete waste.

You have 2 posts here and both are bashing Collier, a consensus 4* recruit. Did he steal your girlfriend or something?

We should get Jabari Parker.

i might be going out on a limb, but somewhere down the line, the Mayor is getting serious press and could go in the draft, if not this year, then next... gotta hope either eli or lil x steps up...

we can all blame tad for this or that.... understandable as he is the head coach.. the real issue is what we saw, heard and read about in December and November in terms of developing 7-10 on the bench looks pretty much got shut down in the desert.... as to rotations, x starting, chen starting blah, blah, blah... listening to Tad and Chen on 850KOA and it was crystal clear, Chen said until we can depend on getting production from the bench(and he's not opposed to coming off the bench)... consistantly from the 7-9/10 players, we are in for a long season.... this is a team sport and as painful as it is to watch the bench sometimes.... we had better start praying that they get their heads on right and bring their A game starting this thursday night against USC....and for what its worth, the few minutes Adams as been getting, he's at least attacking the basket...

Last edited:
Tell me again why ASU "is on Tad"?

Tad didn't shoot 2-20 from 3 pt. Land; if the Buffs (whose inside game was ripped away by piss poor officiating) hit their normal percentage of threes (38% for +18 points in a 8 pt differential lost game) they win. If the foul calls are even only 40-60 against CU, rather than 2-1 against, they win.

If the friggin' idiots allow Chen's shot to stand vs UA, as the rule said it should have, they win ASU going away, just on andrenalin.

All this talk of "poor coaching" and "weak bench" then falls to what is really is: BS! The hazard of becoming a "basketball school" is you start to "eat your own" when things over which you have little or no control (officiating), go the least bit awry! How often do we see KU fans jumping all over Bill Self when he doesn't
go 30-0 or fails to win the Dance? Or for an even worse example, UT fans on Rick Barnes?

Last edited:
How often do we see KU fans jumping all over Bill Self when he doesn't
go 30-0 or fails to win the Dance? Or for an even worse example, UT fans on Rick Barnes?

Bill Self - Good example, he has been killing it at Kansas, a loss here and there, but damn, his results are impressive
Rick Barnes - Cannot agree, Rick Barnes continuously undarachieves with the talent and resources he has to work with

edit: But yes, overall I have to agree with you, Tad may have a few things he has to work at, but he has really been doing a lot better than anyone else has previously done at CU

Tad's a fantastic coach. But no coach walks on water. He makes some moves that don't work out or are questionable. He gets so many things right that it's usually just picking nits, but he's not perfect.

Back