What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I dig this team, but not some of people who talk about it.

I didn't realize the type of attitude exhibited in this thread (ambivalence over winning or losing) was so prevalent among CU fans. Obviously it is your right to have whatever attitude and outlook you choose, but please realize that apathy got us in this mess in the first place (4th and 5th years for Hawkins). No, I'm not arguing for MacIntyre to be fired, but I am hoping we start caring more about winning and less about "enjoying the process."
No one enjoys losing, people just rationalize it differently.

No one enjoys losing, people just rationalize it differently.

Fair enough. I like MM so far. This year has been what I expected, with the exception of the CSU loss. All I am saying is we, as a fan base, cannot afford to be ambivalent about winning and losing. Another 2-11, 3-10, 4-9 season next year and it might be time to at least start demanding some staff turnover.

Fair enough. I like MM so far. This year has been what I expected, with the exception of the CSU loss. All I am saying is we, as a fan base, cannot afford to be ambivalent about winning and losing. Another 2-11, 3-10, 4-9 season next year and it might be time to at least start demanding some staff turnover.

If that happens next year, I would hope RG would step in and shake things up. He's rebuilding the entire AD right now, he can't afford to have his most valuable asset flounder again in year 3 (continuing an over decade-long trend).

I am not much different than the original poster but there is room for criticism. Do I want to win, hell yes. This team, and I know I have said this several times, reminds me of the 84 team. They were horrible from a record standpoint but were competitive in the loses. Many of the folks who point to Mac's success point to this 84 season as the one that set up the run to future success. I may be wrong and this team may lose a bunch next year, but I do not believe that will happen. The team is improving and there are coaching mistakes that have been made. Coaching changes do need to be made and recruiting does need to get better. The long run of piss poor buff football has made us all impatient and we want to see things turned around quickly but if you look at the progress that has been made in MM first two seasons, I think we are seeing some pretty decent improvement. The hole he stepped into was not much different than what Mac stepped into when he arrived on campus. the improvement curve, if you look at progress over the last two years, is ahead of what Mac delivered. If we do not see the Ws start to come next year, I think it is time to start questioning the plan. But right now, we are starting to see this team compete, not give up and improve. While the loses hurt, I am optimistic about the future for the first time in about 7 years.

Back