What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I guess we're a running team

He got away with at least two throws today that probably will not cut it against better competition. No need to protect the guy anymore.

That pass completion to the tight end that should have been picked off by two UMASS defenders was wtf worthy.

No it's not
Yes it is. Quitsies, touch blue make it true.
jZj2tkM.gif

My favorite run was that 35 hard run around the edge by Patrick Carr. That kind of explosiveness is fun to watch.
Carr showed good elusiveness between the tackles too (I think on his second rush). I was very encouraged by it because it's something we don't see much of from our other trio.

the coaching staff had a decent game plan in place, made a couple adjustments, and didn't **** it up this week.

We'll see if they can do the same next week.

UMass was essentially the same team that nearly beat us last year, so we look much improved...at least for 1 game.

Today's UMASS is better than the team we played last year. They made big strides toward the end of the season last year. In their camp this fall they thought that their DB situation was much better than last year. Frohnapfel and Sharpe will go to the NFL next year. That is as good a QB/receiver combo as we will see. Sad for them that those two are their whole offense.

...but I agree it does show progress. Also, perhaps, that we are a terrible road team.

the coaching staff had a decent game plan in place, made a couple adjustments, and didn't **** it up this week.

We'll see if they can do the same next week.
We were pass first to start, but I am grateful the saw the running success and stuck with it. The WR blocking downfield on runs was very good - best I have seen in years.

For whatever reason, UMASS decided to shut down the long pass and give us the run. I never once saw more than 7 defenders in the box. Teams are going to have to choose to bring a safety down or we'll be able to run.

Love the running game and Adkins is a bad ass. Love the way he takes the ball and hits the hole. No messing around, no dancing. Just tough, hard nosed running and always falling forward. He is turning into an absolute beast.

Love the running game. This exactly what Sefo needs. We can't be leaning on him to win games. It just doesn't work.

I'm mostly glad to see the kids play hard and with fire. Refreshing. I hope they can bring that every week, because that's what it takes to turn this thing around. Go Buffs!

Amazing how effective you can be on offeense when your running game is regularly leaving you in second down with less than 5 to make.

I'm not a TOP guy bunt with our lackk of depth on defense the offense sustaining drives could help a lot.

...but I agree it does show progress. Also, perhaps, that we are a terrible road team.
Yes, after two games we have no idea where this team is headed, because the disappointing loss was to a weak team on the road, and the thrilling rout was against a weak team at home. Next week may clarify things, but more likely we'll have to get to the P12 before we know if this year's Buff edition can win some conference games at home, which to me is the bottom line for showing improvement. The running success is intriguing, but as others have noted Sefo will have to step up and lead a balanced attack once the Buffs move on past Nichols State (which is considerably worse than UMass).

For now though, beating CSU is critical to bowl hopes - I don't think we win without some effective and timely passing.

My son was telling me that Sefo had guys open all day but either didn't pick them up or, for whatever reason, didn't throw them the ball. Is that you guy's impression as well? What's going on with him?

yea that was fun. Been a while, I dont care who the competition was. baby steps for now, then knock off a BIG BOY

My son was telling me that Sefo had guys open all day but either didn't pick them up or, for whatever reason, didn't throw them the ball. Is that you guy's impression as well? What's going on with him?
He is trying too hard to not make mistakes.

take the win and hope the pass game comes together. if you want to instill a nasty streak in a team that has recently appeared fragile, a mean-ass running game can be a catalyst.

I am very happy. The coaches potentially figured out how to play winning football on offense.

So what happens when the run isn't working? Buffs still need to be good in the passing game, we aren't going to run for 390 yds again this year other than nicholls.

Just loved what we saw today in the running game.

Still can't wrap my mind around why we didn't commit and stay committed last week to the running game. Either way, our oline just manhandled guys on the dline today.

Love what we are seeing from our rb's as well. Love what each rb brings to the game. The wildcard is going to be Carr. That guy has speed we haven't seen at the rb position in a long time. He can be very, very special and will only get better.

What's even better for next week, is we get D. Lee back. I really hope we see designed plays to get D. Lee and Carr involved next week. If we can get them the ball and some room, then I like what we can do.

Also, we need to find a way to get Sefo some confidence. Not sure what's up, but the best thing for a shell shocked QB is a running game.

All I ask next week is for Lindgren to stick with the running game. Even when we get down or we don't see some early success. Stick with it and I think we can open some things up.

That was what I saw. What I also saw was Bobo and Ross starting to show a "why am I out here?" demeanor between plays. It is as though Sefo just looks for Spruce every play and then rolls out to the right if Spruce is covered. Sefo needs to learn field vision if this team is going to go anywhere.

What's even better for next week, is we get D. Lee back next week. I really hope we see designed plays to get D. Lee and Carr involved next week. If we can get them the ball and some room, then I like what we can do.

Need to line these guys up in the slot on some 5-wide sets and get them involved in some short crossing patterns where they can have room to run after the catch.

Need to line these guys up in the slot on some 5-wide sets and get them involved in some short crossing patterns where they can have room to run after the catch.
I'm a little biased as they were both my favorite recruits from the last two classes. However, I don't care how we get either one the ball in space, just make it so.

not much to complain about, biggest win in a long long time. passing game still not there but hopefully comes together soon. I like not putting all the pressure on Sefo to win games.

Back