What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I have no idea what that win means

Tedric Thompson game ball for sure. I was thinking they out Oliver in there to try and block it but Thompson made a HELL of a play blocking that kick. So,done should gif that.

Sefo was awesome tonight, it is so nice to see a defense that makes playa for once accompanied by an offense that takes risks and pushes the ball downfield. Shay fields is a beast and I hopeless continues his progression. Also Donovan lee is a player, I saw it during camp and I saw the same ability tonight when he was in.

Last off, chido is the ******* man, he single handily saved the defense multiple times tonight and took on Higgins when he was needed. He plays with a mean streak and he will be playing on Sunday's sooner than we think.
I think Chido was the guy who put the CSU OL guy on his ass during KO's pick six. He saw the interception and immediately look for somebody to block him hits. It was a thing of beauty. I tell you if the offense gets rolling we can still have a good season. This defense is building confidence and getting turnovers like we haven't seen for a very long time. They knew the wide receivers were Good and were trying to keep the CSU wide receivers from having big days.

Through 3 games we have nabbed 5 INT's. Last year, we had 3 all season.

Sefo has 1 int through 3 games, last year he had 3 through 3 games.

Last year, we were -10 in turnovers, and we are plus 3 so far this year.

Leavitt's defense and Sefo's more conservative approach are making a difference.

It's just nice to see Duff happy about the team and Sefo for the first time in a while haha.

I blame snow. He said we'd finally know what kind of team we have after the CSU game and I agreed. But now, after the CSU game, I have no idea what kind of team we have. One that is better than CSU I suppose.

I blame snow. He said we'd finally know what kind of team we have after the CSU game and I agreed. But now, after the CSU game, I have no idea what kind of team we have. One that is better than CSU I suppose.

Good enough to challenge Boise State for the MWC title, but I don't know how that translates to Pac-12 play. 0-9? 4-5 to get to a bowl? Something in between?

The defense seems clearly improved.

The offense has a lot of work to do and looks to have taken a step backwards. The line can't seem to hold its blocks. We call way, way to many short slant passes when we need 10 yards. Sefo needs to take his snaps from the center so the RB can hit the hole with a head of steam.

CSU had the better looking offense. If it wasn't for the int and Awuzie's hit that took out two players we would have lost.

The defense seems clearly improved.

The offense has a lot of work to do and looks to have taken a step backwards. The line can't seem to hold its blocks. We call way, way to many short slant passes when we need 10 yards. Sefo needs to take his snaps from the center so the RB can hit the hole with a head of steam.

CSU had the better looking offense. If it wasn't for the int and Awuzie's hit that took out two players we would have lost.
We gave up 500 effing yards, never touched the QB, got no stops for a loss. The D sucked, man.

We gave up 500 effing yards, never touched the QB, got no stops for a loss. The D sucked, man.

Not saying it is a good defense, but the defense is forcing turnovers and keeping us in games. After last year, that IS a clear improvement.

This. The only way they improved was the fact they actually made some big time plays. Last year in the second half they just got totally dominated - they got dominated again this year but actually made some plays on top of it.

They did make some key stops in the red zone when they had to though. Also, on the pick 6 the DL ran a stunt that ended up being successful and forced Stevens in to making a throw he probably shouldn't have made.

This. The only way they improved was the fact they actually made some big time plays. Last year in the second half they just got totally dominated - they got dominated again this year but actually made some plays on top of it.

Seriously? The only way they improved is making some big time plays? Sounds like a good thing to me.

Nembot is over valued and Crawley is under valued by us.
I've long been a Crawley fan. He's edgy, he makes some mistakes, he wins some, he loses some. But Christ, that kid is out there battling as a Buff. Always has. Last night, his back and forth with Higgins seemed personal. I liked that. When he was on someone else, he usually shut them down (got burned by one kid in the fourth, forget his name).

Last year, the offense had some big leads early, but Baer's D blew leads in the 2nd half. Leavitt's D has generally stiffened up as the game wears on. Room for significant improvements, but I like the direction after three games under the new coordinator.

Do some of you even remember last season and the previous years?

I saw a defense turn momentum by pitching a 2nd quarter shutout when momentum was badly against the Buffs, force turnovers, and finish the game with a bunch of 3rd down & red zone stops. And we're talking about yards? What's next, time of possession complaints?

I saw a defense turn momentum by pitching a 2nd quarter shutout when momentum was badly against the Buffs, force turnovers, and finish the game with a bunch of 3rd down & red zone stops. And we're talking about yards? What's next, time of possession complaints?

Yep. Just as important as forcing the turnovers is scoring the TD on one and setting up the offense in good field position another time. Expecting this defense to be dominate large stretches of games is unrealistic. Being opportunistic is a good thing.

I don't even know what buff fans want to see anymore. We arent good enough to completely dominate an FBS team. But we are good enough to beat some of the. That's a huge improvement over the past few years.

I will grant we've greatly improved our ball hawking and we did, somehow, keep them out of the end zone during our 17 point run. But after our pick six, with 8:50 to go, they, fairly easily except for the 4th and 2, marched right down the field to tie it. And thanks be to God their kicker sucks or it wouldn't have gotten to OT. We gave up way too many long plays from scrimmage. Also, without two individually great plays, they'd have had huge gains on 2 screens in 3 plays. Our corners overcame 3 on 1 blockers to make tackles. We never, ever, ever, ever put pressure on Stevens. We did not have one single sack. Not one. If that doesn't improve, the Pac will devour us like Fat Bastard eating wee ones.

It's still early but we showed mental toughness tonight.
Just about every fan base in the PAC isn't sure what they have. ASU, UCLA, USC, Stanford have all looked very up and down so far. Cal escaped last night.

Who knows. CSU looked faster and stronger at the point of attack. They are a good team with questionable DBs who spear with their helmets continuously. Dirty players who think they are the Seahawks. We didn't fold.

We saw some WRs make plays.

It's still early but we showed mental toughness tonight.
Just about every fan base in the PAC isn't sure what they have. ASU, UCLA, USC, Stanford have all looked very up and down so far. Cal escaped last night.

Who knows. CSU looked faster and stronger at the point of attack. They are a good team with questionable DBs who spear with their helmets continuously. Dirty players who think they are the Seahawks. We didn't fold.

We saw some WRs make plays.
Glad you mentioned the spearing. I noticed that several times. They were coming in as our guy was going down or already down with their helmets to our guy's bodies. Dirty bastards.

The offense is the biggest liability for the defense. So many three and outs.

The offense is the biggest liability for the defense. So many three and outs.
I didn't think Lindgren had a stellar game calling plays. Remember the 4th and 2 when the play was a pitch right into the teeth of their defense and we lost 2? Awful.

The weirdest thing about the offense is how simplified it seemingly is sometimes. There was one play that looked really awful where Sefo tried to force it to Spruce who was triple covered, but upon replay, you could see that it was literally a one man route. I think there was a TE on the other side of the field that sorta ran a route, but just didn't really try to. I don't get that kind of play at all.

Back