What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I have to be honest...

i think as one gets older, and life turns into 9-5 m-f, you look forward to the release that is saturday football. when you can't even enjoy that day, and it actually ruins the time you get off it hurts even more.

I hear you lefty but the simple fact is that I have both my BS and MS from Colorado, so there's nobody else to root for. Tini, it's ok for people to have doubts or feel down about the Buffs. That doesn't make them ****** fans, it makes them real people (and pretty passionate fans).

Before the season there were many national sports writers who were saying it was going to be a very rough year for CU. Many people here said that was bull**** and they didn't know anything about the Buffs, etc, etc. Those sports writers actually do, sometimes, know what they are talking about. It's going to be a long year. I still want to see improvement through the year. Not going to pay attention to W/L.

How can you guys pile on tini saying lefty is the best of Buff fans when he just said he may be done with the team, meaning he wouldnt be a buffs fan at all anymore. Maybe you guys know him better and know that he wasnt serious but judging by that post he looks like a poor buffs fan at this point. Everyone gets real down about losses but to say you might be done with the team is a little much.

1) because i don't believe he was serious about just not caring anymore. we all get that same feeling after a loss. and the last 5+ years have been utterly depressing. how can we not empathize?

2) because tini's a giant douche who is the CU fan that I wish we never had.

How can you guys pile on tini saying lefty is the best of Buff fans when he just said he may be done with the team, meaning he wouldnt be a buffs fan at all anymore. Maybe you guys know him better and know that he wasnt serious but judging by that post he looks like a poor buffs fan at this point. Everyone gets real down about losses but to say you might be done with the team is a little much.

Eh, Tini's the kind of over eager zealot who leads inquisitions and poisons trees if he isn't kept in check by sane people.

It's tough, there's no arguing that point. The best coping mechanism I can come up with is to have a really fun tailgate. Make it about the whole experience, not just the game itself. I still really enjoy Saturdays in Boulder in the Fall, regardless of how much the team disappoints.

I also try to keep in mind that we all knew this was going to be a difficult year. As much as we want to think CU will win every game, it's clear that we're not back to where we want to be and we won't be there for a while.
With any luck, I'll make another SackyGate. My son is playing FB now, with his games on Sat, it makes it harder to get to the games, but when able, I'll be there.

Can't we all just get along?

:lol: :lol: Are you new here or something?? :lol: :lol:

I know where Lefty's coming from. It's not that you don't care anymore. It's more that you care so much that you can't get yourself up for any more disappointment. I ended up with other plans during the game Saturday. It's still sitting on my DVR, and I almost just hit the delete button last night without watching it. Not because I don't care, but because as much as part of me wants to see what happened, the rest of me just doesn't feel the need to watch another damn loss when I already know it's coming. I've seen enough of them, thanks...

I'm right there with you Lefty. It's been a rough few years. I've only been a fan since 2003 as well. I watched and sat through 2-10 and made it out the other side. If I can sit through that I'm here for good.

It does not help the embarrassment living in the heart of PAC12 country (SF). I wont turn my back and I will still try and get to my one or two games/away games a year. It's extremely frustrating but all I can hope for is an eventual turn around.

Tini, just stop please. You'll learn soon enough that when you are part of/identify with a group and come across adversity. The least productive action is to call someone out. The man is frustrated as we all are including you. We get it, times are bad; let's not make them worse by jumping on each other. You are funny sometimes and seem to have the passion of a "true fan" we get it. You don't have to prove it to us.

Of course, some of those passionate fans are morons, right? :wink2:

Haha, yeah. I was overly harsh on Saturday, but I think you need to be realistic with EB and let him grow into the OC role. He deserves some benefit of the doubt right now while he learns on the job.

All I can say is, thank God the Horseshoe is a dry stadium and I wasn't aware of that ahead of time. I've been to a lot of frustrating road games, but this one tops the list. That being said, I could never stop being a Buffs fan and still have 3 more to go to this year.

I hear ya Lefty. Was talking to some co-workers today and we are at a loss for words right now.

And Tini, you should probably learn to shut up every once in a while. This site is full of incredibly passionate fans, including Lefty. You make yourself look stupid when you call people out.
Thanks BB...

NW said it well. We knew it was going to be a hard year. The Kool-aid hang-over is just starting to kick in.

Fortunately, there are a few on the board who I have had the pleasure to meet who have my back. 'tini just spouted off and pissed me off, bu tthen again, that's what he does. I should have considered the source before I gave it two thoughts. I'm not going anywhere, I was just venting. GO BUFFS.

Hey I used to record every Buff game, and then I would watch them during the week at lunchtime. I used to analyze plays, formations, tendencies (I am sure the coaches loved that I wrote up a summary of the game every week) and post them on the internet.

I stopped recording the games a few years ago. I didn't even watch all of the Ohio State game - because it was just unbearable to watch; didn't watch the 2nd half at all, i don't think.

It's really a shame, too, how far they've fallen. It was certainly a great run in the early 1990's and then again in the early 2000's.

Hey I used to record every Buff game, and then I would watch them during the week at lunchtime. I used to analyze plays, formations, tendencies (I am sure the coaches loved that I wrote up a summary of the game every week) and post them on the internet.

I stopped recording the games a few years ago. I didn't even watch all of the Ohio State game - because it was just unbearable to watch; didn't watch the 2nd half at all, i don't think.

It's really a shame, too, how far they've fallen. It was certainly a great run in the early 1990's and then again in the early 2000's.
I look forward to those posts in a couple of years.

Depressing, Painful and Frustrating are a few words that come to my mind.....I love my team so much, but it is just painful to watch them right now on the road....The good thing is that they usually play much better at home so I still look forward to attending each of those games as I honestly think even as bad as we are we have a chance at winning against many better teams at home.

But this road streak is just downright depressing, painful & frustrating to watch....I definitely need to make some other plans for the 8th & 15th of October that doesn't involve watching the team on TV

Well, I'm out of rep. So Junc, NBDefektor, NW Buff and anybody else I missed, I owe you one. I feel better now, it is nice to know I'm not the only one discouraged by where CU is at now, but they'll be back, and I'll be there.

Lefty, I completely understand. I went to CU in 1985 as a freshman and saw the buildup to the MNC. At the time I thought it would last forever being the 18 to 21 year old that I was. Had no idea how hard it would be to stay at the top and how painful it would be once you fell the lows we are seeing now. I still believe we are moving in the right direction and it will take another 2 years until we compete week in and week out, but man I did not see the 1-3 start this year. Being a Fan (Fanatic shortened, right), I like to be optimistic and excited which leads to drinking of the Koolaid! These low times will make the rise that much more special when we do break through.

Tini, I know you are young and full of yourself. I was once the same - only much bigger than you (LOL). You will learn over time that you might want to listen and learn (or in this case read and learn). At your age, I also thought I knew it all but there is much to be said for experience and the wisdom that comes with it. You do not need to pop off in every post and you should let some of the threads happen without your instant reaction posts. You will understand when you have another 20 years under your belt. There are a lot of true fans feeling just what Lefty is feeling. It has nothing to do with how much of a fan they are at all.

What is most frustrating to me is the way we've lost.

Kick offs out of bounds. 38 penalties through 4 games. Dumb personal foul penalties. Repeated false start penalties. Repeated illegal formation penalties. Roll out punts that go 20 yards. Just BRUTAL.

I would almost rather lose 44-10 and have the Buffs play solid, smart, consistent football, with no penalties and generally decent special teams play! At least then I could say the Buffs lost to the better team. It sucks that the Buffs have to play TWO opponents every week. The team in the other jersey, and the one that says COLORADO on it.

I'm tired of the losing too, however I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday in the Fall then to watch the Buffs.

On a positive note, I don't dislike any of the coaches on this staff. With the exception of Cabral, Hagan and Kiseau, I despised Halkins and his stupid-ass assistant coaches.

I trust Embree and Bienemy will turn this thing around. It's just going to take some time.

Last edited:
Haha, yeah. I was overly harsh on Saturday, but I think you need to be realistic with EB and let him grow into the OC role. He deserves some benefit of the doubt right now while he learns on the job.
I'm 100% behind him. Just frustrated at the time. I need to learn how to keep my emotions in check, :lol:

With any luck, I'll make another SackyGate. My son is playing FB now, with his games on Sat, it makes it harder to get to the games, but when able, I'll be there.
So, you are saying your family is more important that The Buffs? Hmm, wonder what 'tini will think of that!?

I'm 100% behind him. Just frustrated at the time. I need to learn how to keep my emotions in check, :lol:
At this point, I think you need to accept that you are never going to do that :lol:

When someone stops being a fan because we've been bad, that doesn't make them a good fan. God forbid if South Carolina fans jumped ship in the 90's, or when OU was down in the 90's. Did their fans jump ship then? God forbid if we ever go through a bad stretch like we are now. Good fans don't abandon their teams because they're not doing well. So **** off.

how about a cup of shut the **** up. When you starting buying tickets with your own money and then you spend at least $1000 of your own money to watch lose over and over on the road, then you can say something, but when you use your mommy's ****sucking money to get student season tickets, you can't say ****.

how about a cup of shut the **** up. When you starting buying tickets with your own money and then you spend at least $1000 of your own money to watch lose over and over on the road, then you can say something, but when you use your mommy's ****sucking money to get student season tickets, you can't say ****.
This post makes me sad I'm out of rep...somebody get this guy for me.

****ing this.

Back