What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I have to be honest...

how about a cup of shut the **** up. When you starting buying tickets with your own money and then you spend at least $1000 of your own money to watch lose over and over on the road, then you can say something, but when you use your mommy's ****sucking money to get student season tickets, you can't say ****.

O ****ing le!

While I do sympathize with many in this thread, I do think it is a bit unfair to let a game against an elite program, Ohio State, at the Shoe, be the tipping point of losing hope for our program. I mean, really, what did you expect? Regardless that they are down right now, most folks considered this as one of our hardest games on the schedule. It's freakin' Ohio State. On the road. There is little shame in losing by only 20 points to them under the current circumstances, especially considering the countless times we shot ourselves in the foot in that game. Honestly, for me, the Cal loss hurt a lot more.

If we get blown out by Washington State at home, then I will prob be more on the same page as lefty. That would be rock bottom and a much greater embarrassment, IMO. Till then..

Frumpy, the issue is not so much that we lost, but we looked hopeless out there for the most part. Plus the road losing streak is beyond embarrassing now. I mean, no road wins over four years is laughable.

While I do sympathize with many in this thread, I do think it is a bit unfair to let a game against an elite program, Ohio State, at the Shoe, be the tipping point of losing hope for our program. I mean, really, what did you expect? Regardless that they are down right now, most folks considered this as one of our hardest games on the schedule. It's freakin' Ohio State. On the road. There is little shame in losing by only 20 points to them under the current circumstances, especially considering the countless times we shot ourselves in the foot in that game. Honestly, for me, the Cal loss hurt a lot more.

If we get blown out by Washington State at home, then I will prob be more on the same page as lefty. That would be rock bottom and a much greater embarrassment, IMO. Till then..
That's fair. I didn't get overly discouraged about the Buffs after KU last year, although I would have headed the tar and feathering crew for D II. Either that or ordered a flaming poop airstrike on his latest known posiotin (fortunately, cooler heads prevailed). But for cryin' out loud 18 or 19 straight road losses? Sloppy ST? How can you be a passionate fan and not have that get to you?

How can you guys pile on tini saying lefty is the best of Buff fans when he just said he may be done with the team, meaning he wouldnt be a buffs fan at all anymore. Maybe you guys know him better and know that he wasnt serious but judging by that post he looks like a poor buffs fan at this point. Everyone gets real down about losses but to say you might be done with the team is a little much.

don't you have a punter to cum on?

Maybe it was the throw backs they wore on Saturday........:nod:

Sorry just trying to lighten things up!

Last edited:
I'm tired of the losing too, however I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday in the Fall then to watch the Buffs.

On a positive note, I don't dislike any of the coaches on this staff. With the exception of Cabral, Hagan and Kiseau, I despised Halkins and his stupid-ass assistant coaches.

I trust Embree and Bienemy will turn this thing around. It's just going to take some time.

+1

Frumpy, the issue is not so much that we lost, but we looked hopeless out there for the most part. Plus the road losing streak is beyond embarrassing now. I mean, no road wins over four years is laughable.

IMO, there is some justification for looking hopeless at that game. You're playing in front of 108,000 opposing fans and your special teams consistently got your offense in a hole that they rarely got out of. Remove those two factors, I believe that our team would have had breathing room to be more poised and more in control. Not saying that would have changed the outcome of the game, but at least be more competitive. Once again, this all just my opinion.

As far as the road losing streak goes. Yeah. No disagreement there.

**** off, shrimpy. Dont you have like four teams you like?
Man god forbid if I like another team other than CU but yet I still go to every CU game. **** you.

So we're clear, you're questioning a man who's been a member of a CU internet message board site since 2005, during the darkest years of CU football? Wouldn't a bandwagoner have jumped ship a long time ago? You are nuts, man! The vast majority of people who take the time to sign up for this site (and so many that pay for it, too) are the die-hards--they BLEED black and gold, no matter what...they don't have a choice. and now we say how frustrating it is to us and here you are questioning our allegiances. You're a douche. plain and simple.
Frustrating and not supporting is another thing. Everyone is frustrated right now. **** you.

I hear ya Lefty. Was talking to some co-workers today and we are at a loss for words right now.

And Tini, you should probably learn to shut up every once in a while. This site is full of incredibly passionate fans, including Lefty. You make yourself look stupid when you call people out.
**** you.

And we're sick of hearing from a kid who can't even legally drink tell us how to be 'real' fans.
**** you.

How can you guys pile on tini saying lefty is the best of Buff fans when he just said he may be done with the team, meaning he wouldnt be a buffs fan at all anymore. Maybe you guys know him better and know that he wasnt serious but judging by that post he looks like a poor buffs fan at this point. Everyone gets real down about losses but to say you might be done with the team is a little much.
You're cool.

I hear you lefty but the simple fact is that I have both my BS and MS from Colorado, so there's nobody else to root for. Tini, it's ok for people to have doubts or feel down about the Buffs. That doesn't make them ****** fans, it makes them real people (and pretty passionate fans).

Before the season there were many national sports writers who were saying it was going to be a very rough year for CU. Many people here said that was bull**** and they didn't know anything about the Buffs, etc, etc. Those sports writers actually do, sometimes, know what they are talking about. It's going to be a long year. I still want to see improvement through the year. Not going to pay attention to W/L.
That's fine to have doubts. I have doubts but I will never stop rooting for CU.

Tini, I know you are young and full of yourself. I was once the same - only much bigger than you (LOL). You will learn over time that you might want to listen and learn (or in this case read and learn). At your age, I also thought I knew it all but there is much to be said for experience and the wisdom that comes with it. You do not need to pop off in every post and you should let some of the threads happen without your instant reaction posts. You will understand when you have another 20 years under your belt. There are a lot of true fans feeling just what Lefty is feeling. It has nothing to do with how much of a fan they are at all.
Instant reaction posts are my forte though!

I'm tired of the losing too, however I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday in the Fall then to watch the Buffs.

On a positive note, I don't dislike any of the coaches on this staff. With the exception of Cabral, Hagan and Kiseau, I despised Halkins and his stupid-ass assistant coaches.

I trust Embree and Bienemy will turn this thing around. It's just going to take some time.
This.

how about a cup of shut the **** up. When you starting buying tickets with your own money and then you spend at least $1000 of your own money to watch lose over and over on the road, then you can say something, but when you use your mommy's ****sucking money to get student season tickets, you can't say ****.
Nah sorry I use my own money to pay for my tickets. **** you.

Just neg rep tini instead
Only gotten two neg reps so **** you.

IMO, there is some justification for looking hopeless at that game. You're playing in front of 108,000 opposing fans and your special teams consistently got your offense in a hole that they rarely got out of. Remove those two factors, I believe that our team would have had breathing room to be more poised and more in control. Not saying that would have changed the outcome of the game, but at least be more competitive. Once again, this all just my opinion.

As far as the road losing streak goes. Yeah. No disagreement there.

You ought to try and be a ****ing Cubs fans, you know how many ****ing times I threw **** around the room?

Go Rangers!!!

I know how you feel lefty. It's tough. I felt this way last year. I was really down on Hawkins. I didn't get season tickets, but I was getting those 4/$40 deals and had been to Hawaii and Georgia. Oct 16th was my birthday. A bunch of us got tickets and watched us lose to ****ing Baylor. Baylor, who was running the same play over and over again. Who had 3 WRs on one side of the field, and we only ever put 2 DBs over there. Getting 9 yards a pop running that stupid ass screen and watching us not do anything to fix it. I was pissed. That's when I questioned my fandom.

One thing I recommend to help deal with this pain is (shameless plug) get MEN'S BBALL SEASON TICKETS! It helped me get out of that tailspin. You get lots ofgames, in the early season you're basically guaranteed to see CU win some games. You'll get to sing the fight songs. You'll get to give the enemy the bird. It still can get pretty loud in there. The post game radio show doesn't sound so depressing all the time, so your drive home is much more fun. Get that taste of winning, get that school pride back. It's cathartic.

I feel good about CU again. I still look forward to football games. But now I also have bball to look forward too. Hell, maybe I'll head to Air Force or Ft Crap this year to watch them play on the road. :) It's real nice to get that winning taste in your mouth again.

Go Buffs. I'll buy you a beer if I ever see ya Lefty.

Tini, just stop please. You'll learn soon enough that when you are part of/identify with a group and come across adversity. The least productive action is to call someone out. The man is frustrated as we all are including you. We get it, times are bad; let's not make them worse by jumping on each other. You are funny sometimes and seem to have the passion of a "true fan" we get it. You don't have to prove it to us.
I'm not trying to prove it. I just really don't think not supporting your team is going to do much good.

Its funny to see the comparison from HSFB to CFB. The passion doesn't change. Just seems to shift. We are going thru that now. When the son was a freshman, the freshman team was KILLING their opponents while the varsity was getting the crap kicked out of them on a regular. We got a new HC that had alot of ideas that he tried to spring on the team at once to turn things around and the team in place just wasnt ready for them. Its been a learning experience for the HC as well as the players coming up on the give and take and buy in of what it takes to win. Year 4 we are working to run district, hoping to get after the team that last year grabbed their "manhood" right before the game in front of our bench on TV as their parent bitched about how unfair our team band was for playing over their announcer thru their senior night (no love for this team). This year we have a better record than that team but because we haven't beaten them in 3 years we have been known as the team with talent that can't finish.

So saying all that to remind ya"ll that change takes time. I know you want it now. Please believe I was yelling at the TV right along with ya'll on Saturday........but improving the little things will help the wins come faster. I'm with one of the other folks, the Cal game was more painful. I thought it was in the bag. But it showed that things are changing.

Its funny to see the comparison from HSFB to CFB. The passion doesn't change. Just seems to shift. We are going thru that now. When the son was a freshman, the freshman team was KILLING their opponents while the varsity was getting the crap kicked out of them on a regular. We got a new HC that had alot of ideas that he tried to spring on the team at once to turn things around and the team in place just wasnt ready for them. Its been a learning experience for the HC as well as the players coming up on the give and take and buy in of what it takes to win. Year 4 we are working to run district, hoping to get after the team that last year grabbed their "manhood" right before the game in front of our bench on TV as their parent bitched about how unfair our team band was for playing over their announcer thru their senior night (no love for this team). This year we have a better record than that team but because we haven't beaten them in 3 years we have been known as the team with talent that can't finish.

So saying all that to remind ya"ll that change takes time. I know you want it now. Please believe I was yelling at the TV right along with ya'll on Saturday........but improving the little things will help the wins come faster. I'm with one of the other folks, the Cal game was more painful. I thought it was in the bag. But it showed that things are changing.

Hey Moett. Oh man, now recruit parents are looking at the football board after losses. This isn't good :lol:

I know how you feel lefty. It's tough. I felt this way last year. I was really down on Hawkins. I didn't get season tickets, but I was getting those 4/$40 deals and had been to Hawaii and Georgia. Oct 16th was my birthday. A bunch of us got tickets and watched us lose to ****ing Baylor. Baylor, who was running the same play over and over again. Who had 3 WRs on one side of the field, and we only ever put 2 DBs over there. Getting 9 yards a pop running that stupid ass screen and watching us not do anything to fix it. I was pissed. That's when I questioned my fandom.

One thing I recommend to help deal with this pain is (shameless plug) get MEN'S BBALL SEASON TICKETS! It helped me get out of that tailspin. You get lots ofgames, in the early season you're basically guaranteed to see CU win some games. You'll get to sing the fight songs. You'll get to give the enemy the bird. It still can get pretty loud in there. The post game radio show doesn't sound so depressing all the time, so your drive home is much more fun. Get that taste of winning, get that school pride back. It's cathartic.

I feel good about CU again. I still look forward to football games. But now I also have bball to look forward too. Hell, maybe I'll head to Air Force or Ft Crap this year to watch them play on the road. :) It's real nice to get that winning taste in your mouth again.

Go Buffs. I'll buy you a beer if I ever see ya Lefty.
And I'd gladly accept a beer from you...we went to see CU BB last year, you are right, it is fun. The UT game last year was AWESOME.

I get more fun outta reading this board than I do the HS ones. Someone had posted a question about whether we should be politically correct when we assess the HS games on the board (not calling out player names, etc........because the kids are young). So the no holds barred approach is GREAT here!:lol::lol::lol:

And I'd gladly accept a beer from you...we went to see CU BB last year, you are right, it is fun. The UT game last year was AWESOME.

I have to be honest, this loss is on me. I didn't wear any CU Stuff for the game. Sorry I let you guys down.

Man god forbid if I like another team other than CU but yet I still go to every CU game. **** you.

Frustrating and not supporting is another thing. Everyone is frustrated right now. **** you.

**** you.

**** you.

You're cool.

That's fine to have doubts. I have doubts but I will never stop rooting for CU.

Instant reaction posts are my forte though!

This.

Nah sorry I use my own money to pay for my tickets. **** you.

Only gotten two neg reps so **** you.

[video=youtube;wkcoobYUu8g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkcoobYUu8g[/video]

So does this mean you're "quitting" the boards? please?

Back