What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I have to be honest...

I definitely am there with you, Lefty. This loss didn't "do" it for me as a Buff fan, but I just had this new feeling of jealousy at other fans who get to win one of these games where they're not favored once in a while. I'm just tired of getting my hopes up and having them crushed every Saturday. It gets old. I do have confidence, still, that Embo can get us going in the right direction but I fear my original assumptions about timeline are shorter than reality.
You said it a lot better than I did. My OP has created a carthartic ****storm. I want the Buffs to do well. It nearly ruins my weekend when they lose.

I've only made it through the first 20 or so posts in this thread so I don't know where it has gone in the next 100 posts but Lefty, I was having the same thoughts.

On Saturday, my daughter asked me whether I thought CU would win. I answered that I sure hoped so, but probably not.

She followed with... "So why did we drive 10 hours to see them lose?" I didn't really have a rational answer... I have been infected by CU Football, been that way since the Bill Mallory days. (side note: My memories of Bill Mallory were less than good... I looked at the records; I would take any of his seasons right about now).

My son remarked after the game that he wished his team (CU) would be expected to beat a ranked team. I said, we used to and will again I'm sure.

During the game, very frustrating I had the thought of why did I put forth more effort getting to this game than this team seems to put in during the game. "Why did I just spend $70/ticket for 7 tickets, two hotel nights and gas for ~1000 miles of driving for this?" No rational expaination, just a fan.

Colorado football has for most of my memory been one of those things that tied my family together. No rational explanation, just fans.

Sure it is painful, but so were the Fairbanks years and the beginnings of the Mac years. We made it through those dark years, we can make it through these.

One more tidbit... I was so proud of my oldest daughter yesterday. She said that she was way too much of a CU fan; she said it developed her hatred for red. :smile2:

I've only made it through the first 20 or so posts in this thread so I don't know where it has gone in the next 100 posts but Lefty, I was having the same thoughts.

On Saturday, my daughter asked me whether I thought CU would win. I answered that I sure hoped so, but probably not.

She followed with... "So why did we drive 10 hours to see them lose?" I didn't really have a rational answer... I have been infected by CU Football, been that way since the Bill Mallory days. (side note: My memories of Bill Mallory were less than good... I looked at the records; I would take any of his seasons right about now).

My son remarked after the game that he wished his team (CU) would be expected to beat a ranked team. I said, we used to and will again I'm sure.

During the game, very frustrating I had the thought of why did I put forth more effort getting to this game than this team seems to put in during the game. "Why did I just spend $70/ticket for 7 tickets, two hotel nights and gas for ~1000 miles of driving for this?" No rational expaination, just a fan.

Colorado football has for most of my memory been one of those things that tied my family together. No rational explanation, just fans.

Sure it is painful, but so were the Fairbanks years and the beginnings of the Mac years. We made it through those dark years, we can make it through these.

One more tidbit... I was so proud of my oldest daughter yesterday. She said that she was way too much of a CU fan; she said it developed her hatred for red. :smile2:
Gleeb gun is empty. Someone hit this man NOW. Also, I was the same way all weekend. ****ing red! :lol:

I know what you mean lefty, at least you got in the good days, I'm not really sure when I became a fan, but it was when Rick was the coach. So... it's been a constant slide my entire time. Maybe it's my fault? Sorry guys.

The real problem is, what the hell is my problem? I'm from socal, I have no ties to Colorado the state or the university, why the hell couldn't I have been a USC fan? The last 10 years would have been epic. Sigh.

I know what you mean lefty, at least you got in the good days, I'm not really sure when I became a fan, but it was when Rick was the coach. So... it's been a constant slide my entire time. Maybe it's my fault? Sorry guys.

The real problem is, what the hell is my problem? I'm from socal, I have no ties to Colorado the state or the university, why the hell couldn't I have been a USC fan? The last 10 years would have been epic. Sigh.
Cause you aren't a total douche?

JOOC, how did you become a Buffs fan? We're glad to have you. Did you pick a name out of a hat?

I had a very similar thought at the Hawaii game. "I flew 3,000 miles to see THIS?!?"

I must be a glutton, though, because next weekend I'm flying to San Francisco to watch us get our heads beaten in by Stanford.

JOOC, how did you become a Buffs fan? We're glad to have you. Did you pick a name out of a hat?

I really don't know. I definitely liked the uniforms :thumbsup: and for some reason I hated Nebraska..

Maybe it was the miracle in Michigan? I loved watching the Nebraska CU game every Thanksigiving. I remember sympathizing with CU because they were always so close to beating that dickhead TO.

I also always liked Koy Detmer. I'd trade for him in Madden every year :lol:

I really don't know. I definitely liked the uniforms :thumbsup: and for some reason I hated Nebraska..

Maybe it was the miracle in Michigan? I loved watching the Nebraska CU game every Thanksigiving. I remember sympathizing with CU because they were always so close to beating that dickhead TO.

I also always liked Koy Detmer. I'd trade for him in Madden every year :lol:

Good enough for me. I work with a guy who was one of Koy's WRs in HS.

Good enough for me. I work with a guy who was one of Koy's WRs in HS.

I'm a pretty retarded fan all around.

baseball - Braves
football - Dolphins
hockey - Penguins
don't like basketball

For some reason I just hate all of the local teams. I hate the Chargers more than the Bills/Jets/Patriots. I hate the Dodgers about as much as I hate the Phillies and Mets. *shrug*

I was wondering this as well. I was pretty young at the time, but don't remember any rain.

My memory was cold... our seats were near the visitors section for that game. We stood on ice the entire game. The worst part of the game was listening to the radio on the return to the house when Mac announced his resignation. My mother was crying when we got home.

Whatever. Calling someone out for bailing on his team doesn't seem like a big deal but keep thinking it is.

Calling someone a ****** fan is probably the harshest thing you can say to a fellow fan. Considering the guy has been a fan longer than you have been alive, I would think a little respect would be in order, but I'm wrong, a lot.

Calling someone a ****** fan is probably the harshest thing you can say to a fellow fan. Considering the guy has been a fan longer than you have been alive, I would think a little respect would be in order, but I'm wrong, a lot.
Well when he says he's bailing I don't give a **** how long he's been a fan, that's a ****** fan in my book but all you guys are right. Great fans bail on their teams. Yeah, **** off.

After reading the original two posts, I think I'm siding with 'Tini here. You don't quit being a fan because the team struggles. You critique, you get angry, but quitting on CU? I don't get that rationale. 'Tini's 19. He reacted to a post that made me think essentially the same thing as his post, but in a less caustic way. As a fan, it has never occurred to me abandon the team. What's next, moving out of the country when your presidential candidate doesn't get elected?

Fortunately, there are a few on the board who I have had the pleasure to meet who have my back. 'tini just spouted off and pissed me off, bu tthen again, that's what he does. I should have considered the source before I gave it two thoughts. I'm not going anywhere, I was just venting. GO BUFFS.
lefty you and i rarely see eye to eye... but you are probably the last person who should have his buff fandom questioned... ps i was there with you on sat... it felt like 5 year of hawkins soul crushing came back in one single moment...

The truly difficult thing for those of us who were fans in the early 90s is the ignorance and short memories of the media when it comes to the tradition of the Buffs. We are a complete non-entity. Nobody gives a **** about CU because we have been bad for so long.

Down here is God's rectum, the media does not typically acknowledge that CU was ever part of the Big 12....it is only news that NU and A&M left.

So, I crave the days when we were on the college football map and had relevance. We have a long way to go, but I think we will get there. It will take at least 3 years (if not more), but it will happen.

Well when he says he's bailing I don't give a **** how long he's been a fan, that's a ****** fan in my book but all you guys are right. Great fans bail on their teams. Yeah, **** off.

He didn't say he's bailing, he said he's feeling indifferent. It happens. We have sucked ass for a long time, it's hard to get excited about a ****** product. It doesn't make him a bad fan. I was pretty indifferent after the Toledo game, sue me. He didn't say he's ditching and picking up a new team or something.

I have been a Buff fan since the day I set foot on campus in 1987.

But watching the team get their butts kicked over and over and over on the road, suffering through four years of D II ineptitude, and then seeing another blowout has just about done it for me.

Maybe I'll feel differently by Saturday....:huh:

He didn't say he's bailing, he said he's feeling indifferent. It happens. We have sucked ass for a long time, it's hard to get excited about a ****** product. It doesn't make him a bad fan. I was pretty indifferent after the Toledo game, sue me. He didn't say he's ditching and picking up a new team or something.
Seems like he's bailing to me...

Whatever. Calling someone out for bailing on his team doesn't seem like a big deal but keep thinking it is.

can you shut up now, lefty is just venting, he is not quitting the team. He isn't on allbuffs so he can read about your back pimples, he is here because he loves CU and would rather waste time with other people who do then get actual work done at work.

This one definitely hurt. Certainly wasn't expecting a win, but the way we came out scared was an embarrassment. The special teams debacle has longtime fans wondering if and when we're going to ever get out of this pathetically low level that we've sunk to. It's going to be tough getting through the rest of this season. We had better hope that we show up and get a confidence-boosting win on Saturday, because the 5 game stretch after that is absolutely brutal. Hopefully Conor Wood and Shane Dillon will match and exceed our expectations, because we're ****ing due for something positive

On the bright side, if we ever win a road game again, it is going to be the most enjoyable ****ing CU win in quite some time.

can you shut up now, lefty is just venting, he is not quitting the team. He isn't on allbuffs so he can read about your back pimples, he is here because he loves CU and would rather waste time with other people who do then get actual work done at work.
Meh go **** yourself. It's a message board where ya know, you talk. And I say someone is a ****** fan if they are even contemplating on bailing on their team.

Meh go **** yourself. It's a message board where ya know, you talk. And I say someone is a ****** fan if they are even contemplating on bailing on their team.

what bitch you want me to **** myself. i hope you show up to a sackygate so I can rip your face off and wear it for a mask. I know you are being totally serious because you wrote it on a message board.

what bitch you want me to **** myself. i hope you show up to a sackygate so I can rip your face off and wear it for a mask. I know you are being totally serious because you wrote it on a message board.
You don't have the surgical precision to pull off a maneuver like that or the technology.

Back