What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I heard something crazy this morning

Highflyer

Club Member
Club Member
The CU Buffs are playing the #15 ranked Kansas Jayhawks at Folsom Field this Saturday at 3:30 pm. Contrary to popular belief, the Buffs don't play the most talked about team on Allbuffs until the end of November.

Any thoughts on the game this weekend?

Personally I think the Buffs are going to come out on fire and win going away. They are going to be amped to get the sour taste out of theirs mouth s from the beatdown in the Lil Apple. Come out, control the clock with Hugh and the running game and let the D pin their ears back and destroy Kansas.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

GO BUFFS!!!!!!!

The D is going to be key this week. If they can put out an OU-esque effort, the Buffs have a good shot. But if they let KU jump out to an early lead and the Buffs have to scrap the running game, things could get ugly.

The CU Buffs are playing the #15 ranked Kansas Jayhawks at Folsom Field this Saturday at 3:30 pm. Contrary to popular belief, the Buffs don't play the most talked about team on Allbuffs until the end of November.

Agreed.

Our team is flat out schizophrenic. Since we're at home, however, I think its more likely we'll get the team that outplayed OU rather than the team that got spanked this last weekend by KSU.

KU is the highest ranked team that I know absolutely nothing about. I even watched their game v. K-State and still can't tell you a fricking thing. I do think our Buffs will bounce back from that embarrassing loss last weekend. I think our goals are set on the season and the set-back only adds fuel to the fire. :thumbsup:

Cody needs to be very careful this week. Kansas has a potential All-American at CB.

I think it's going to be a shootout, which might require CU scoring in an unconventional way (defense or special teams) to win.

I think it will be a mystery - which Buff team will show up and what is KU like. It will be fun and of course the Buffs will win just to add more insanity to the BCS this year

Kansas? #15? when did basketball start, and why do they suck this year?

Contrary to popular belief, the Buffs don't play the most talked about team on Allbuffs until the end of November.

Well done! :thumbsup:

I can't get something out of my head for this game: Its Kansas Football. Really can't believe they're ranked 15th right now. Good for them, but they're not better than CU. Sure they beat K-State in Manhattan, which CU couldn't do, but they have some pretty inflated statistics right now given their schedule minus K-State.

If CU can run successfully on OU and K-State, Hugh in particular, then they'll be able to run on Kansas. Cody needs to limit the mistakes, and if he does then I think the offense will put up a score in the 30's. I think the defense rebounds from a poor performance last week.

CU wins this one, though it will probably be closer than we would like.

I think CU keeps the ball on the ground a lot this game and wears down the gayhawks in the 2nd half. Every game that Miller and Maiva play, they learn a little more and get a little better. Hugh is going to go ape**** in this game.

The Buffs are playing much better at home so I expect them to come out on fire with HC running the ball. I expect the D to return to form and shut KU's running game down and make Reesing try to beat them. I don't think it'll be a blowout but I expect the Buffs to win by 10 as KU often plays us pretty tough.

i WON tickets again through the email contest on 950 the fan! this time the scott and al show!

I think the D and the run game are going to rock this weekend and the gayhawks are in for a good old fashion smashmouth ass kicking.

The only thing that worries me is Cody. He had a bad game last week and I'm afraid he may be overly eager to make up for it and start trying too hard. Once he starts pressing he's going to make bad decisions and then it will be the KSU game all over again. I'm crossing my fingers that he comes out loose and relaxed, lets Hugh carry most of the load in the first quarter and once O is in the rhythm he lights them up with some well timed and accurate medium range passes that just take the wind out of the gayhawks. Nothing like a steady running game coupled with a passing game that gets chunks of 12-17 yds per pass to make a D feel helpless.

KSU beat us with speed, speed and then a little more speed. Kansas does not have these things. They will try to pound us and wear us down. I think this game is more like the OU game then the KSU game. We match up much better with KU the KSU. (although I am still very nervous about this game).

enough about Kansas... lets go back to Nebraska and Pederson discussion! :lol:

Kansas scares me this week. A BUNCH.. I know they have had a cupcake walk of a schedule but any team that is undefeated this late into the season is going to come in with a big swagger. On top of that I am concerned about the way we lost to KSU. They really controlled the tempo for most of that game.

As much as we have improved from last year, this is still a very young team who is still making some mistakes. Cody has been better than expected at time, but KSU was able to get him to make some poor decisions at times last week. Last week was first time I thought Cody was really struggling to get a feel for what the other team was doing.

I like that we have this game at home, but I am not nearly as confident about the win as I was against KU at the start of the season. It is never easy beating to beat a 6-0 team, especially one that will be playing with a chip on their shoulder. KU HAS to be focused on this game. They have a good ranking and you know if the can get their first win out of the state of Kansas that it will make a lot of skeptics stop and take notice. I am willing to bet the KU brings it's A game this week and we had better be ready to bring ours.

Kansas scares me this week. A BUNCH.. I know they have had a cupcake walk of a schedule but any team that is undefeated this late into the season is going to come in with a big swagger. On top of that I am concerned about the way we lost to KSU. They really controlled the tempo for most of that game.

As much as we have improved from last year, this is still a very young team who is still making some mistakes. Cody has been better than expected at time, but KSU was able to get him to make some poor decisions at times last week. Last week was first time I thought Cody was really struggling to get a feel for what the other team was doing.

I like that we have this game at home, but I am not nearly as confident about the win as I was against KU at the start of the season. It is never easy beating to beat a 6-0 team, especially one that will be playing with a chip on their shoulder. KU HAS to be focused on this game. They have a good ranking and you know if the can get their first win out of the state of Kansas that it will make a lot of skeptics stop and take notice. I am willing to bet the KU brings it's A game this week and we had better be ready to bring ours.

you are looking at the game from entirely the wrong perspective. finish the phrase: "win or lose..."

the dominator scared....?

:wtf:

say it aint so...

first of all...if they come in with a swagger i say "bring it mutha****as!"...these buffs will take care of business...they have faced ten times the quality of opponent that the birds have faced this year...keep in mind that including KU we will have played 8 games, and 5 of those have been against ranked opponents....

we are gonna **** up the gayhawks in folsom field on saturday.

take that to the bank...

:thumbsup:

Things going in favor of the BUFFS:
The game is in the morning. CU does all of it's sucking after 9PM.
The game is in Boulder. KU hasn't played outside of the state of Kansas. Remember how tired OU was in the 4Q? Ditto for Kansas.
The blush has come off off the OU win. It sucks to commit stupid mistakes and pay the price. The young team has figured out they aren't bullet proof. CU will be the most disciplined that we've seen so far.
Hawkins and McKnight will be in synch. Maybe C-Hawk will find J-fly in stride. It's just a matter of time. Hugh has something to build upon. He's getting better.
J-Hawks are due for a let down.

Go CU!

say it aint so...

first of all...if they come in with a swagger i say "bring it mutha****as!"...these buffs will take care of business...they have faced ten times the quality of opponent that the birds have faced this year...keep in mind that including KU we will have played 8 games, and 5 of those have been against ranked opponents....

take that to the bank...

Don't get me wrong. I BELIEVE we can take care of business. I just think this game is going to be a lot closer and tougher to win than I thought 2 months ago. CU is going to have to pick it up a notch to win this one. KU is not making a lot of mistakes and CU is going to have to match that. 2 months ago I would have thought we could have played sloppy football and still have beaten KU at home. Not today.

As goes Cody, so go the Buffs.

I am not concerned about our D. They are pissed after last week and Big Hype Hipolite won't let the D get complacent.

Cody needs to have a good game and get out of his funk that started against Baylor. If he does well and avoids mistakes, Buffs will roll

say it aint so...

take that to the bank...

:slayer:

That's what is great about FC. He always has a way of putting things in perspective. :lol:

Back