What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

i know it is bad karma...

Liver

modded mod
Club Member
Junta Member
but is anyone else smirking that it looks like mizzery and baylor and kjuco state are all getting shanked?

... at least as of today...

it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

:thumbsup::popcorn:

Not feeling so bad about Baylor. That is just their bad karma catching up.

Not really feeling so bad about Mizzery either. I figure they have some bad karma out there.

I do kinda feel bad about KSU. Say what you will about them, but I have never had a problem with their fans. And Saul is kinda funny with his lack of geography knowledge.

I feel bad for KSU too. Their fans and the folks in Manhattan have always been cool when we drove there for away games.

Baylor can go f*** themselves after what they did. I hope they enjoy the Sun Belt. Assholes.

Don't feel much sorrow for any of those 3, but ISU is a different story. There's a collective voice rising out of Ames saying, "Nobody wants us".

Nah, I feel bad for our Big 8 brothers. Even though Missouri officials and the governor were a bunch of big mouths, doesn't mean the fans deserve this (although I admit I am laughing about it a little bit). Iowa State is getting the biggest shaft out of all this. Unless they can align themselves with the other four I'm not sure where they are going to go by themselves.

Don't really have an allegiance for the southworst teams so I could care less about Baylor.

When asking yourself, "which one of these doesn't belong," Mizzou stands out pretty loudly. That school has a ton going for it, so I just don't understand why they are on the brink of being screwed.

Here is the letter sent to ISU alumni and fans:

June 11, 2010

Dear Cyclone alumni, fans and friends of the University,

In the past two days, the University of Colorado and the University of Nebraska have announced that they are leaving the Big 12 Conference for other affiliations. We are deeply disappointed in their decisions, and we are concerned about how those decisions impact Iowa State University.
Over the next several days, the presidents and directors of athletics of the Big 12 member institutions will be discussing options and potential initiatives that we may take in order to move forward in light of the Colorado and Nebraska decisions. Be assured, we will continue to do everything in our power to represent the best interests of Iowa State University in these discussions; it is also important to understand that actions taken by other member institutions are beyond our control.

We should never forget that Iowa State University is an outstanding academic and research institution with a proud history of student-athletes succeeding in the classroom and in competition. Keep in mind during the past year our student-athletes were first in the Big 12 Conference in graduation rates, and Iowa State has enjoyed our highest ranking ever in the Learfield Director’s Cup standings, which measures competitive success. But as all of the discussions about conference realignment illustrate, the future of college athletics appears to be less about academics and competitive success and more about money, as measured by television viewership and the associated revenues.
We appreciate your longstanding loyalty to Iowa State and certainly understand and share your concern for the future of the Big 12 Conference and the potential impact on our institution. Thank you for your understanding and, we will keep you informed as developments occur.

Go Cyclones!

Dr. Gregory Geoffroy
President

Jamie Pollard
Director of Athletics

Best wishes to Mizzou, ISU and the Power Towels. The Baylor leadership, teams, fans and the entire town of Waco (and I hope I'm not going too far here) can go **** themselves.

F' em all! The Gods of football are sorting them all out and those that deserve it are being left wanting.

Back