What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I Like This....A Lot

I thought we weren't allowed to circumvent the profanity filter anymore.

I feel like Beau has gone past "I hate my coach" to "I'm going to abandon my coach" There are plenty of coaches who were liberally hated by their player (...see McCartney) but respect remained. Pellini seems to be losing them on every level. On the flip side, after today's bowl game results, I think his coaching is plenty good enough to dominate the LAB 10. (forget if they are in the "inner" or "outer" division)

U-Dub should have been more motivated following the ass-kicking they took at home, previously. Also, nebraska's season ended with a whimper, and that tends to affect a team's bowl performance.

Do you husker's agree with that assessment?

Yes.

Pretty much spot on Wally..............the season went south fairly quickly. After you talk a ton of crap about how you're gonna beat Texas and then lose to said Texas, you pretty much lose all motivation. My feeling is that Bo will not get rid of Watson as T.O. wanted Watson, Cotton, and Gilmore here in the first place and T.O. is tying his hands on the issue. All three of those coaches are our major problem right now. Defense played fairly well throughout the year with a few bad performances so the issue is not there IMO. Offensive line, receivers, QB play, ball handling, and offensive play calling is our issues. Martinez was never the same after the Missery game injury and with all the rumors surfacing about him, that didn't help the mental aspect either. If nothing changes, we win maybe 7 games next season IMO.

Wins: Tenn at Chattanooga (really who the **** is that!?), Fresno State, Washington, Wyoming, Minnesota, Northwestern, Michigan, maybe Iowa
Loss: Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan State, Penn State, maybe Iowa

For a 10 win team we have nothing to show for it, but a Big XII North Trophy with a UPS mailing slip stamped on it.

I wonder if your team was a bit over confident, having blasted the 'dawgs in their own house a few months ago. Almost seemed like the nubs were waiting for Udub to give up.

I honestly think they really didn't care if they were there and thought they would get the win pretty easily after the first game against Washington. What they obviously didn't realize was it's very hard to beat the same team twice in the same season. The Husker team from the first half of the season wasn't the same Husker team from the second half of the season. The first half team would've stomped the **** out of the second half team. So much for that ":01 FINISH" bull****...........

U-Dub should have been more motivated following the ass-kicking they took at home, previously. Also, nebraska's season ended with a whimper, and that tends to affect a team's bowl performance.

Do you husker's agree with that assessment?

Pretty much spot on Wally..............the season went south fairly quickly. After you talk a ton of crap about how you're gonna beat Texas and then lose to said Texas, you pretty much lose all motivation. My feeling is that Bo will not get rid of Watson as T.O. wanted Watson, Cotton, and Gilmore here in the first place and T.O. is tying his hands on the issue. All three of those coaches are our major problem right now. Defense played fairly well throughout the year with a few bad performances so the issue is not there IMO. Offensive line, receivers, QB play, ball handling, and offensive play calling is our issues. Martinez was never the same after the Missery game injury and with all the rumors surfacing about him, that didn't help the mental aspect either. If nothing changes, we win maybe 7 games next season IMO.

Wins: Tenn at Chattanooga (really who the **** is that!?), Fresno State, Washington, Wyoming, Minnesota, Northwestern, Michigan, maybe Iowa

For a 10 win team we have nothing to show for it, but a Big XII North Trophy with a UPS mailing slip stamped on it.

Of course I had an angle with this line of questioning.

How is this different than the 1990 season?

nebraska was clicking along with visions of going undefeated enroute to national championship.

But their BIG revenge game--Colorado at lincoln--was thwarted by a big 4th quarter for CU and a subsequent loss.

Then things spiralled downhill quickly with the blowout loss to Oklahoma.

nebraska was very disappointed to be in the Citrus Bowl and in my opinion played poorly.

But Tom Osborne, and many nebraska fans (to this day--though not necessarily folks on this site) used the GT loss to demonstrate Tech's superiority to CU. TO went so far as to vote GT ahead of CU in the Coach's Poll.

I've long argued that the two losses were apples and oranges, but my argument tends to fall on deaf ears.

So basically we will come full circle when Bo Pelini votes TCU #1 ahead of the winner of Auburn-Oregon.

no way yall win at the big house

I'm not so sure thats the case (hands tied) now as much as then. When TO retained those guys it was because, in his infinite football wisdom, he saw something worth keeping in them and they agreed to keep the recruiting class warm so to speak while he conducted his coaching hire. Thus, Bo got his first recruiting class but it was a bit of a deal with the devil.

Now, three years later, he probably has the latitude to let some of those guys go or show them the door. But was NU really that bad to let them go? TMart was hurt a lot this year and he may have other issues. The OL was shaky. Overall NU still seems to want to be a running team first and a passing team second. Which is a problem when you cant run the ball and become predictable. NU had a pretty good season just not by NU standards.

At the end of the day Bo is, so far, not Tom Osborne. But Dr. Tom was not amazing every year either so only time will tell. He did deliver the goods and turned in a lot of 9 win seasons. He also had 95 scholarships during most of that run as well unlimited walk ons. Bo has 80 scholies and very limited number of walk ons thanks to the NCAAs move to parity. Parity thats let teams like TCU, BSU, and UCONN (Div 1AA until 2000) to move up in the college football world.

Wally, I can't comment on that situation too much because I was 10 when that game was played and wasn't really into football until I was 13 and started playing it.

BCS, we'll have to disagree then because Michigan is horrible and Rich Rod is probably about to be shown the door IMO. They'll be further down next year if that happens.

Miami, the issue we have is we have an OC who isn't a moron in his own right. He obviously knows a thing or two about offenses or he wouldn't have been a coach at this level. Having said that he is not a zone-read guy, he's a west coast offense guy. Bo wants the offense to go to the zone-read and he's trying to get Watson to run an offense he's unfamiliar with, from what I understand of the situation. I'm not a huge X's and O's fan, I have an understanding of what goes on on the field, but I can't tell you every single guys assignment at any given time. The issue we have now is we've recruited for the zone-read and have the guys in place to run the zone-read and now we have an offensive coordinator who can't call the offense. He did well against mediocre defenses based on talent level and ability of the players. Against decent to good defenses, he sucked it up and we became very predictable. Something needs to change and the easiest thing is the offensive coaches. If not and we try to change our offense again it'll take 3 years or more to get the right players in to run the offense the right way. At least IMO............

I feel like Beau has gone past "I hate my coach" to "I'm going to abandon my coach" There are plenty of coaches who were liberally hated by their player (...see McCartney) but respect remained. Pellini seems to be losing them on every level. On the flip side, after today's bowl game results, I think his coaching is plenty good enough to dominate the LAB 10. (forget if they are in the "inner" or "outer" division)

I always wonder about these fly by statements. Almost every player I have known from the era loved coach Mac...Alfred has said for years that Coach Mac and Coach Simmons were like fathers to him. JJ Flanigan, Chad Brown, Christian Fauria, CJ, and I could list a lot of other guys. My knowledge and impression was that Mac got along fairly well with his players nor have I seen reports to the contrary.

I always wonder about these fly by statements. Almost every player I have known from the era loved coach Mac...Alfred has said for years that Coach Mac and Coach Simmons were like fathers to him. JJ Flanigan, Chad Brown, Christian Fauria, CJ, and I could list a lot of other guys. My knowledge and impression was that Mac got along fairly well with his players nor have I seen reports to the contrary.

I'm sure not all hated him, but I had direct contact with some guys who loathed him. He was a disciplinarian with high standards. I'm sure they all hated him at some point, but now have the perspective to appreciate what it takes to reach that level of success.

Back