What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I love me some BaylorFans

Geez - I just wanted to have a thread highlighting the hilarity that is BaylorFans, and you guys go off an jack my thread. ****ing Allbuffs

Yes. Can we please continue with the hilarity of Baylor's displaced sense of importance in the academic and athletic world?

Topics of focus:

--Hypocrisy. These clowns gleefully stabbed several SWC teammates in the back on their undeserved trip to the Big XII. But suddenly Texas solidarity is the most important thing in the world?

--Inflated self-importance. Few rankings place Baylor's academics in the range of our modest state school. Yet somehow these guys are the elite private institution of the Big XII?

--Athletic Prowess. Ummmmm, what? Concentrating just on football, Baylor's facilities, following, record and tradition are all substandard. Yes, Colorado is in a major, embarrassing football slump, at least we have some awareness of that.

--I'm assuming this Baptist school discusses the importance of moral behavior and character development. But from the top, Kenneth Starr (and beloved alum Buddy Jones) saw no moral dilemma while indulging a smear campaign against Colorado last year, including the calculated use of outright fabrications. Oh, and leaking APRs? Nice work Christian Baptist Institution...

**** Baylor.

Baylor is the elite private institution of the Big 12, Wally. They're the only private institution in the conference.

Yes! Excellent. Some more gems before I log-off for the evening

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216015

[h=2]You tell me why Baylor is worth a damn.[/h]
ANOTHER thread? Only cause I think it's useful. Sorry if it's not.

I don't have a fiery speech or great research here, I'm only one young and unknowledgeable guy; but if we get a bunch of brains together, we could have a go-to list of good arguments here and call some influential people.

Tangents are welcome, like if Tech were left out or something, I don't know.

Basic stuff, that's all I got:

- Oldest *continually operating* university in Texas (1845). Only Southwestern University is older than us (1840). Wording from baylor.edu/about

- If A&M makes money, but Tech and Baylor, Waco and Lubbock, lose money, then it's a hurtful move.

- Rivalries, I guess, not the strongest argument but I'll roll with it.

- Anyone? Bueller? Help me out, that's why I started this thread.

Is it right to get politics involved? Maybe everyone else figured this out already. But the affairs of a state university IS government business, and so is the state economy. Just throwing that out there in case that's an issue. It was for me.

And if the conference stays together, let's put the pressure on cleaning house in the Big 12, get someone fired, while we still have the steam.

Here goes nothing.​

Baylor EASILY has a top 50 athletic department. Baylor has finished in the top 50 every year (hovering closer to 30 in the past 3 years) in the Director's Cup standings since 2004. I know football drives the boat, but until schools start fielding only a football team (and nothing else), you have to consider other sports.

Baylor women

- academics
- sports success in BB and significant improvement in football
- outside of a stadium which will be build, outstanding facilities
- wealthy alumni base
- thousands of baptist and evangelical Christians (a negative to the Pac 12 and surprisingly many here) supporters

Gnite! God bless!

Isn't Baylor a private institution? WTF does the Texas legislature have to do with what football conference they are in? Are they suggesting that elected officials should get in the way of state universities doing what is in their best interest... for the benefit of a private religious school that happens to be located in the state?

Isn't Baylor a private institution? WTF does the Texas legislature have to do with what football conference they are in? Are they suggesting that elected officials should get in the way of state universities doing what is in their best interest... for the benefit of a private religious school that happens to be located in the state?

It's because many the judges in the state are Baylor alumni and their law school cranks out more than their fair share of Texas state legislators.

It's because many the judges in the state are Baylor alumni and their law school cranks out more than their fair share of Texas state legislators.

I understand the reason why they have supporters in the state government and state courts. But their job has nothing to do with the sports conference affiliation of a private religious school. Back when the Big 12 was formed, this abuse and misuse of power caused Baylor to be part of the Big 12 when the school from Texas they should have been pushing was Houston (3rd largest state institution that has had much more athletic success in both revenue and non-revenue sports).

I understand the reason why they have supporters in the state government and state courts. But their job has nothing to do with the sports conference affiliation of a private religious school. Back when the Big 12 was formed, this abuse and misuse of power caused Baylor to be part of the Big 12 when the school from Texas they should have been pushing was Houston (3rd largest state institution that has had much more athletic success in both revenue and non-revenue sports).

College football is a whole different deal in Texas, it doesn't have to make sense to happen.

When the Baylor alumi are the only tool in your tool box, the whole world looks like the Texas state legislature.

i think it has to do more with political pressure with state funding cuts because Texans stick it in each other... i mean stick together...

These nuggets from this morning

...but is there any way BU hitches to the A&M wagon and finds a way to end up as the 14 th SEC team? I understand we dont bring what Florida St. or Clemson does but we bring additional TV sets in Texas and an additional game in the state for the SEC and their recruiting efforts...just a thought?

"No offense, but it's taken us 16 years for people to take us seriously in the Big 12, who knows how long our learning curve would be in the SEC. "

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216238

...but is there any way BU hitches to the A&M wagon and finds a way to end up as the 14 th SEC team? I understand we dont bring what Florida St. or Clemson does but we bring additional TV sets in Texas and an additional game in the state for the SEC and their recruiting efforts...just a thought?

"No offense, but it's taken us 16 years for people to take us seriously in the Big 12, who knows how long our learning curve would be in the SEC. "

:rofl:

No. The SEC (and for that matter A&M) want nothing to do with us. We have to accept that reality, and not humiliate ourselves.

:lol: and now I can get to work.

Oh! Em! Gee! That's fantastic! Does it get better than that? At this point I'd be surprised if Baylor doesn't land in the SEC. Overall they're dumber than Vandy, but they're equally inept on the field.

While I appreciate the humble reality of the second remark, it's unclear to me who in the Big XII takes Baylor seriously.

Think acc
Wouldn't that be a great conference for us with Wake Forest (2nd largest Baptist university) and Duke (2nd largest Methodist university)? Strong basketball conference.

Let's hope our people are in direct communication with the ACC.​

I've been hoping for the ACC from the very start of all this realignment drivel. We've proven that we can compete with them in both Football and Basketball, we bring them into the Texas market and I think that we could start a really good rivalry with Wake Forest. Everybody wins.

Edit: and this on the SEC --
Baylor & A&M to the SEC could be part of a "Grand Solution"
:rofl::wtf:

Last edited:
Ha, wake doesnt even really recognize their religious ties anymore, where does baylor get the idea that they belong in the ACC just because there connection in church affiliation to a school that doesnt even care much

Did I miss the "Take Baylor seriously" memo? Aside from a killer BB program, now on parole, what does Baylor have to offer?

Back