What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I may never go to another CU/CSU game in Denver.

I am not understanding needing the parking lot after the game to enjoy the victory. There are plenty of places to go after the game to enjoy the victory. And as for playing CSU being irrelevant, this assumes the game can be scheduled at each home field. I won't pretend I know all the reasons the game is played in Denver, but as long as it is, the issue of playing CSU from year to year is most certainly not irrelevant.

If I had been given the full hour, I wouldn't be complaining. We were given 30 minutes, then told the stadium people wanted us out so they could clean the place up for the Bronco game the next day. We were then threatened with arrest for tresspassing. The interaction between CU and CSU people is irrelevant. The problem is the site. I never said we should stop playing CSU. What we should do is stop playing CSU in Denver. They don't want us there anymore than we want to be there.

Translation in the DAC/ AD conference call: Move up the kickoff of future games to 11AM.

I am not understanding needing the parking lot after the game to enjoy the victory. There are plenty of places to go after the game to enjoy the victory. And as for playing CSU being irrelevant, this assumes the game can be scheduled at each home field. I won't pretend I know all the reasons the game is played in Denver, but as long as it is, the issue of playing CSU from year to year is most certainly not irrelevant.

You're not understanding the problem of a posted policy of an hour, with the DPD ignoring said posted policy and evicting people after a half hour? Really?

Plenty of places to go after the game? Who cares? I want to hang out for the hour I was told I had. The options of places to go and things to do doesn't enter into it. I want to let the traffic calm down before leaving. I should have that right, as the policy is... (wait for it)... ONE HOUR.

And once again - I don't care about playing CSU. I'll play them in Boulder or Ft. Collins. I'll even go to the game in Ft. Collins. Not Denver. I'm done.

probably.

Utterbuffluv...
Not to be a whiner, but I find that shirt offensive in the setting. I take my kids to the game and I and try to teach my kids about being classy. Seeing that shirt is far from class. I'd rather they not see it. And no, I don't overly shelter my kids. I talk to my kids about leaders not doing low-rent things. Granted, you may not care to ever lead, and thats fine, I respect that.
I guess I'm not in favor of your shirt. I will admit surprise that the stadium people wanted to not allow it. Didn't know they were into censorship.
You mention that you don't sit where families do. Does that mean you don't walk the isles, concourse or sidewalk either?
Anyway, glad you are a CU fan, keep cheering them on and good luck at finding positive messages.

Got told my shirt that says "CSU always blowing the game" with a ram blowing a Buffalo wasnt welcome in the stadium. So i turned it inside out and went to another entrance lol. But still what a joke its not like im gonna be sitting with families and if you bring your kid to the game i hope you are expecting them to see some vulgar shirts, mine doesnt have any curse words on it. .

I'm over it too. Play it on campus or don't play it at all.
Yes yes....I do not think it should be played there either. Go back to campuses.....play it where it needs to be played. Pack the stadiums...that would give better energy than the dead zone of whatever the hell stiadium....

Utterbuffluv...
Not to be a whiner, but I find that shirt offensive in the setting. I take my kids to the game and I and try to teach my kids about being classy. Seeing that shirt is far from class. I'd rather they not see it. And no, I don't overly shelter my kids. I talk to my kids about leaders not doing low-rent things. Granted, you may not care to ever lead, and thats fine, I respect that.
I guess I'm not in favor of your shirt. I will admit surprise that the stadium people wanted to not allow it. Didn't know they were into censorship.
You mention that you don't sit where families do. Does that mean you don't walk the isles, concourse or sidewalk either?
Anyway, glad you are a CU fan, keep cheering them on and good luck at finding positive messages.

This got me thinking (usually a bad idea for me to think). I will share the thoughts regardless.

A ram blowing a buffalo is funny to me, although I think most mascots blowing a buffalo would be funny. In the Pac, we would have bears, beavers, ducks, huskies, wildcats, trees, trojans, sun devils, cougars, and utes. Human mascots blowing a buffalo would be especially funny.

Utterbuffluv...

LOL 1. I can honestly say I didn't see one kid the entire time i was there (Tailgating, Student section, etc..) 2. Im pretty sure your kids wouldn't understand the shirt even if they did see it. (theres not like some graphic dick on it). 3. This game is about the rivalry and honestly most of that is between the fans if I cant wear a shirt making fun of CSU i don't see where the fun is. 4. I don't get how you can connect me wearing a funny shirt to my ability to lead but whatever..

Back when I was at CU, I remember seeing shirts that showed a buffalo mounting a covered wagon with a caption that said "F**k OU". Big deal. It happens. It's part of the passion of college football.

Utter....
I'll be honest in that the concept of the shirt seems funny. Yes, I do have a sense of humor.
But the concept also seems like something I'd rather not have my kids around.

The CU-csu game in Denver is the one game I hate walking into the stadium with my kids. It is the most vulgar environment going. CU and csu fans (students I presume) doing little other than screaming and dropping f-bombs on each other.
Some of them appear so drunk and stupid I try to imagine them at some job interview in the next year or two claiming to be the perfect fit for a company. Laughable.

I want the game back on campus. Having the game in Denver is nothing but a nuisance for most. If it is a big deal and sells out every year in Denver, I can live with it. I had to wonder if Folsom is within 5,000 seats of seating the entire crowd on Saturday.

Utter....
I'll be honest in that the concept of the shirt seems funny. Yes, I do have a sense of humor.

The CU-csu game in Denver is the one game I hate walking into the stadium with my kids. It is the most vulgar environment going. CU and csu fans (students I presume) doing little other than screaming and dropping f-bombs on each other.
Some of them appear so drunk and stupid I try to imagine them at some job interview in the next year or two claiming to be the perfect fit for a company. Laughable.

I want the game back on campus. Having the game in Denver is nothing but a nuisance for most. If it is a big deal and sells out every year in Denver, I can live with it. I had to wonder if Folsom is within 5,000 seats of seating the entire crowd on Saturday.

There were well over 20,000 empty seats on Saturday. Folsom holds more than what was in attendance.

I nearly got arrested for walking down the escalator. Is this some crime now? I couldn't figure out why all the rent a cops were yelling at my direction and kept walking as I thought they were talking to someone else. There were only two other people on the escalator which was a fairly long one and by the time I figured out they were trying to enforce some "no walking rule" I had already got to the bottom where we had a brief argument.

Anyway, there just seems to be too many problems with this whole thing. At any rate, something needs to be done to fix this game.

Utter....

Then you probably should just not bring your kids to games if you don't like it. It's a college environment, embrace it or in the words of South Park,
[video=youtube;tykzAyISnNk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tykzAyISnNk&feature=related[/video]

I nearly got arrested for walking down the escalator. Is this some crime now? I couldn't figure out why all the rent a cops were yelling at my direction and kept walking as I thought they were talking to someone else. There were only two other people on the escalator which was a fairly long one and by the time I figured out they were trying to enforce some "no walking rule" I had already got to the bottom where we had a brief argument.

Anyway, there just seems to be too many problems with this whole thing. At any rate, something needs to be done to fix this game.

Wait a second. This was a down escalator right? You can't walk down the escalator? Seriously? Do they have signs?

Wait a second. This was a down escalator right? You can't walk down the escalator? Seriously? Do they have signs?

No. There are no signs. And while I didn't run into this particular issue, it doesn't surprise me one bit. The rules at Mile High Stadium are whatever the security folks say they are.

Utterbuffluv...

Bro, I hear what you are saying, but c'mon. My wife and I have already talked about this and said no CSucks games until the kids are 13. And we don't have any kids yet. The game is a toxic atmosphere. And it surely isn't due to offensive t-shirts.

It IS due to the fact that this is the only game on the schedule the (apparently) 18,000 CSU fans care about.

Remember the escalator failure at Coors that badly hurt people? I'd bet this is related.

I'm a first time season ticket holder. This was my first game since my son and his friend went to Cal. I have to say that it was a very mediocre experience. I felt, I don't know how to put it, under valued by the school. I would have expected better than section 514. Especially when there had to be 30,000 empty seats. The atmosphere just sucked. The CU fans were not into it at all. That is not to say that Mile High cannot be great. The "Lightning Bolt" game was one of my favorites. But it was at night and both teams were good which led to a packed house. I believe CU will rise to the elite level again and soon. CSU? Not so much.

Yes, a down escalator from the 500 sections. I walked at a casual normal pace down the escalator and about half way down I noticed that the security guard at the bottom seemed to be pissed at someone because he was yelling up toward the top where I just came from. I looked back and there was just an older couple behind me. I kept walking toward the bottom and the guard and finally realized he was yelling to stop walking which made no sense to me and while walking I asked him if he was talking to me. He then said that I was the only one there and that I am not allowed to walk on the escalator. I then kept walking toward him and he said he would get the police and have me arrested if I didn't stop walking on the escalator. He had a pretty smart ass/aggressive tone so I told him to kiss my ass and to get the cops and they can find me walking down the next escalator.

I have to say, I walked away from that situation dumbfounded. I can understand if it was a crowded situation but there were literally THREE people on this escalator. Even the two old folks said something about not knowing it was against the law to walk down and escalator.

Remember the escalator failure at Coors that badly hurt people? I'd bet this is related.

Even more reason to walk it... Less time exposed to a failure. If this was a crowded situation I could see it but not when there are 3 people. You may be right though.

Can we all agree that if Tim has a problem with security and/or rules that things have probably gotten out of hand?

Yes, a down escalator from the 500 sections. I walked at a casual normal pace down the escalator and about half way down I noticed that the security guard at the bottom seemed to be pissed at someone because he was yelling up toward the top where I just came from. I looked back and there was just an older couple behind me. I kept walking toward the bottom and the guard and finally realized he was yelling to stop walking which made no sense to me and while walking I asked him if he was talking to me. He then said that I was the only one there and that I am not allowed to walk on the escalator. I then kept walking toward him and he said he would get the police and have me arrested if I didn't stop walking on the escalator. He had a pretty smart ass/aggressive tone so I told him to kiss my ass and to get the cops and they can find me walking down the next escalator.

I have to say, I walked away from that situation dumbfounded. I can understand if it was a crowded situation but there were literally THREE people on this escalator. Even the two old folks said something about not knowing it was against the law to walk down and escalator.

Somebody get that kid off the escalator!!

images

I did make sure to email Bohn to let him know my hopes that other options besides Denver should be looked at.

This sounds a lot like one of those fusker horror stories

Does anyone know if there is any cancellation language in the actual contract to play this game in Denver. I know Bohn said had he know about the PAC move he would have never signed, but certainly there is someway to get out of playing in Denver?

We now have 9 conference games, CSU not selling required amount of tickets. There has to be something.

Oh, alright, I will join sackman's trashing of the Denver venue for this game. But it wasn't this year. A few years ago a buddy and I were waiting in line to get into the stadium. I was carrying a flask full of one of the best single malts on the market. As we got closer to the gate I saw they were actually patting people down. My buddy told me to put the flask in my pants but I panicked and put it in my sock. When they patted me down they found it!

Now this flask was/is a very special possession. It was given to me by my wife, is the best pewter and has a faux scrimshaw face with a Scottish fishing scene. Everyone that has ever seen the flask comments about how cool it is. When this security guy found the flask I was pretty upset because I thought they would confiscate the item and I would never see it again. They would have some legal problems with that but suffice it to say I was pretty concerned. And embarrassed.....I am a nearly retired professional, not some enthusiastic student for whom such behavior might be expected. But after a quick exchange where I urged them to just empty the flask and return it to me, which they did, I attended the game without fortification.

But this would never have happened at Folsom Field and the security at Mile High is definitely anal. I know there have been incidents in the past that give a reason for such security but it is overboard nonetheless. And all the security in the world won't fix all the problems that happen at a game like this.

And I also want to comment on obscene and offensive clothing. I saw a woman, CSU person, with a shirt with an image of Christ and a comment "Jesus haste hippies". There was a CSU logo on it. Now years ago I had a shirt that had a pic of a buffalo mounting something I can't remember what and the phrase "The Buffs are coming!" I thought it was funny but there are shirts like the above CSU shirt, and shirts that have the f word and such that I think are pretty offensive. But that's just me.

The Mile High Gulag is a crappy place to see a CU game, and I, for one, refuse to go.

I think if your gonna wear a shirt like that it needs to be creative. The on kal is talking about is funny "ram this" played out but still kinda funny. Its the ones that say "**** Csu" that are dumb and i can understand why parents and other non students would be offended.

I'm a first time season ticket holder. This was my first game since my son and his friend went to Cal. I have to say that it was a very mediocre experience. I felt, I don't know how to put it, under valued by the school. I would have expected better than section 514. Especially when there had to be 30,000 empty seats. The atmosphere just sucked. The CU fans were not into it at all. That is not to say that Mile High cannot be great. The "Lightning Bolt" game was one of my favorites. But it was at night and both teams were good which led to a packed house. I believe CU will rise to the elite level again and soon. CSU? Not so much.

This was my sophmore year - the first CU/CSU game I went to. One of the best games ever.

Back