What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I miss college football

PhillyBuff

no longer awaiting CU football's return... we here
Club Member
I watched the end of the CU game last night on my small TV while flipping back and forth on the big TV between Texas v. OSU/ Wisconsin v. Nebraska.

I really want to be part of those prime time games. This is a new era in TV and we are missing out on the new TV grand stages.

It is so depressing.

I used to watch a half dozen college games every week either live or on the DVR. Now the other games are just a reminder of how much we suck. If ranked teams are playing early in the day before the Buffs, I still try to make myself watch. I find it difficult to watch anymore games after we lose.

There is a lot of talk about WVa's QB, but the Baylor QB was incredibly accurate for 3 of those 4 quarters, too. Their accuracy is stunning - and they hit so many of their receivers in stride,sometimes a little high & behind, sometimes a little leading - but those receivers accept those challenges and made so many of those catches look "commonplace".

We've seen that some QBs have this accuracy and some 'system' that allows them to exploit this. At first, they're just taking what the defense gives them, and after they stake a lead, then they're imposing their will. And those coaching staffs know how to accommodate the player talent, or how to coach up that talent.

I saw a lot of young teams yesterday - 1st year QBs, 2nd stringers doing great things, full of young playmakers. I hope Embree's greyshirt-redshirt recruiting processes are perfect. He needs them to be. Because player development is far, far below most start-of-season levels.

Back