What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I really wonder about this state sometimes

Getting back to the original topic of the dumb comment letter to the editor about how CU should sell the bus instead of raising tuition .... Here's the response I got from Plati to my e-mail regarding this:

"Thanks (BeBe's real name) – we’ve been on it trying to get a correction … it’s also on line and people have chimed in with more negativity. Campus PR has the news side contact and was going to point out the bus was donated, the gas was donated, the snacks and drinks on the bus were donated, and at stops along the way, donors picked up the tab for some places and others we had some donated items. Had a few costs, sure, but very inexpensive for a weeklong tour, all courtesy of gracious supporters.

Appreciate your concern and your support as always!

Dave"

Last edited:
As an aside, why are there so many inbred retards in this state that find it utterly impossible to wrap their heads around the fact that CU's "rising tuition" is, in reality, an outstanding value relative to comparable academic institutions? Maybe if these rednecks would, you know, not vote down every single proposal to fund higher education, then we wouldn't have to worry about moderate tuition increases. Can people really be this stupid?

Bottom line: This state barely funds CU - at all - yet it is still a very affordable university.

I dont know about right now, but just a few years ago when I came out here from Maryland, the in-state tuition for CU was about the same as the in-county tuition for the local Community College. Then they raised the tuition and everyone complained, the Community college also raised their tuition (although only small amounts ever year) and still they were maybe $100 difference, hell that is a good night drinking. Out of stat tuition is where people get screwed, but you rarely hear those people with their arms all up in the air, it was their choice to go to a expensive school

Back