What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I think we go 4-8 in 2014

I think people are glossing over youth issues on offense. Should be prepared to watch some frustrating offensive outputs.

I think people are glossing over youth issues on offense. Should be prepared to watch some frustrating offensive outputs.

I think we have the talent of offense to compete with the bottom half of the conference.

QB- Looked decent for a frosh thrown into the fire, hopefully he has taken the steps necessary to come back bigger and stronger.
RB- Iffy. We have some decent pieces (I am hopefully for Phillip Lindsay), but we need them to work together all the time, not some of the time.
TE- Lots of questions
WR- Going to rely on lots of young talent, but it appears to be very good young talent.
OL- Lots of questions

To compete with other bad conference teams? Sure. To actually win games though, we are relying in multiple underclassmen at basically every position group. This year is all about setting the table for 2015 IMO.

Spring should be telling in a lot of areas including which of our RS Frosh will emerge as potential stars at the WR. Hopefully we figure out soon enough who the starting 5 on OL is going into summer/fall and then it will be interesting if our Juco earns a starting slot and where Walker fits in. Of course adding Fields in the summer is going to be interesting.

I really think Sefo is going to be a pretty good QB for us and he is really not much of a question mark given what he did being thrown into the fire as a freshman, but he has plenty to improve on. TE is still a cluster for us but I am quite stoked about Dylan. I think he is going to be a total mismatch. Obviously he is going to be weak as a blocker early on until he gets bulked up more.

On D I feel pretty good to be honest. We should be improved across the board as I don't' feel we lost too many big-time playmakers except CUD. I am cautiously optimistic that Rippy is the real deal.

And of course you guys all know I really believe HCMM is the guy to turn this around. I have faith he is going to continue to show improvement year-on-year across the board.

To compete with other bad conference teams? Sure. To actually win games though, we are relying in multiple underclassmen at basically every position group. This year is all about setting the table for 2015 IMO.

No doubt. You can thank Hawk for doing nothing in recruiting the year he got fired.. his strategy of pressing recruiting players after the season was over was ridiculous. Not to mention JE taking some risks in recruiting that didn't pan out and are no longer here. HCMM really has had little to work with, the situation will get better but we have to be patient as a fan base. Sucks because we have been waiting since 2008.

Frankly, the incremental progress line sounds like coachspeak to me. If/when we breakthrough under MacIntyre, it is going to be a pretty authoritative jump IMO.

Frankly, the incremental progress line sounds like coachspeak to me. If/when we breakthrough under MacIntyre, it is going to be a pretty authoritative jump IMO.

I agree when we break through it will be big, but we will have to take baby steps until we get there. The facilities will help and if we can get to 6-6, then things will really start to pick up.

I think 4-5 win mark sounds about right. What about an upset finally? UCLA or UW at home? I know it's not likely. One can always hope though.

In an earlier post I said 2016. It was late. I meant 2015. The biggest problem for 2015 is our pac12 home schedule. It is brutal. Only 4 games and they include stanford, Oregon, and usc. We should be a much improved team by then; but will need some conference road wins to show it.

I think we still have a ways to go before we really get a handle on what this team is going to look like, but if we're trying to make the call now, 4-6 wins seems like a pretty good window.

I believe it would benefit us this season to try and be a bit more of a possession team and not the homerun shot we relied on with PRich. Lining up Spruce in the slot and having him play a Welker type role, while pounding the ball with Pow and Adkins and keeping our defense off the field is the way to win games this year. I feel they can accomplish this and have some success w/ Sefo making some more decisions at the line as well.

I believe it would benefit us this season to try and be a bit more of a possession team and not the homerun shot we relied on with PRich. Lining up Spruce in the slot and having him play a Welker type role, while pounding the ball with Pow and Adkins and keeping our defense off the field is the way to win games this year. I feel they can accomplish this and have some success w/ Sefo making some more decisions at the line as well.

I think/hope Sefo will be given much more command of the offense in his second year. He wasn't supposed to play last year.

3-4 wins, tops. We simply don't have enough talent to win more.

When you have to start a post off how you did in all likelihood you are being negative. Our OL will be fine this year and we will be in a bowl game. Book it. WSU isn't anything special but they went to a bowl game in year 2 of Leech with a tougher schedule. It's not this big tough thing to get to a bowl game, ****ty coaching has held us back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My point was I'm not going negative on the coaching staff even though I expect 3-4 wins. We have question marks and youth all over the field again including at oline. They get a pass from me in 2014 so long as we go at least 2-1 OOC, pick one off in conference and generally show we are at least marginally competitive with all conference foes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 wins. Most likely CSU, UMass, Hawaii and Utah.

I consider that acceptable given the tougher schedule this year compared with last. We will need some surprises on the OL and at WR to do any better than that.

Four wins is about what I expect, but six is not out of the question. It's possible that one or two we face will have disappointing seasons, and it's possible that CU comes together better than expected. Of course, the exact opposite is possible, leaving us with just three victories.

I agree with both Duff and Davis, 2015 is when we see a relatively big jump. With the tough schedule that year though, it may not be a huge jump in wins (7-5ish?), but a much more competitive team that gets a vote or two in the polls.

I see anywhere from 4 to 7 wins. Win 4 early, have a suprise breakout game, and possibly play Utah with 6 wins and no pressure. Just depends on the OL and DL. How they perform will determine if we get to a bowl game. I hope the strength and conditioning added to real coaching will show up in a surprise win around the midpoint games. 5 wins with 5 to play would be a huge place to be for us for bowl chances, and recruiting wise.

4-8. Anything less than a sweep of the OOC is unacceptable, youth or not. I have a hard time seeing more than 1 P12 win (likely Cal or Utah). There is an outside chance CU pulls five wins if an upset can be pulled over Oregon St., or somehow CU takes down Cal AND Utah. UW, Oregon, All_Strippers U, Zona, $C, UCLA are all demonstrably better than CU right now.

I might actually go to a game this year. If I do which game has the highest chance to see a victory?

5-7

CSU
UMass
Hawaii
and 2 (in decreasing order off likelihood) of:
Utah
Cal
OSU
ASU
(actually if we get the last one, I think almost everyone will declare it "the breakthrough win" and allbuffs will drown in kool-aid as we shift from "hope for a bowl game" to "run for the P-12 south championship and 'good' bowl game" mode - which will be premature, because I think ASU is going to fall off pretty significantly this year)

Agree with this post.

M2 is going to win the ones he should win. We don't have the talent to beat the teams we shouldn't. The top teams in the conference can still boat race us without having a good game.

I would put Cal as being very high odds for being a win. I can see them having the kind of season that gets a Sonny Dykes fired mid-season, they are a program falling apart right now.

Utah is the common answer for the second conference win but our weakness is on the LOS and they are better on the LOS than people give them credit for. We could get that one but the OSU or ASU call actually makes more sense. Remember that ASU as a program has a history of unpredictability. They have loads of speed which we don't but we may stand up better to them on the LOS than some think.

I may be looking at the kool-aid jug through gold colored glasses but I think we are going to see some steady improvement under M2. Just not enough steady improvement to put us in a bowl this year.

4-8. Anything less than a sweep of the OOC is unacceptable, youth or not. I have a hard time seeing more than 1 P12 win (likely Cal or Utah). There is an outside chance CU pulls five wins if an upset can be pulled over Oregon St., or somehow CU takes down Cal AND Utah. UW, Oregon, All_Strippers U, Zona, $C, UCLA are all demonstrably better than CU right now.

Oregon was better than 'Zona last year and Stanford was definitely better than Utah, but that didn't play out on the field on that particular day. I believe we can upset a UCLA or ASU that comes to Boulder this year counting on an easy win.

My expectations for next year are 4 wins bare minimum, 5 wins expected, 6 wins is a good season, 7 wins is a break through with a big win. I do not see the Pac12 being as strong this year as last. While losing PRich is big for us I think other teams are losing much more.

Highest chance to see a victory? I'm hoping UMass, I'm considering heading up there since it's relatively close to me.

I will be there as well, can't wait. For anyone who will be spending any time in Boston leading up to the game, check out The North Star Bar down near the garden. Pac-12 Bar that hosts viewing parties for all the local alumni chapters.

I am thinking 4 wins. We have so much youth and our Oline scares the bejezus out of me. I do think we see incremental progress as the season goes on. As Duff mentioned, we are setting ourselves up for the 2015 season. I'm not so worried about our WR issues as I am the Oline. This has been a mess for so long I just don't see it changing without knowing who will be there. The hope is some guys get healthy and the light goes on with others. I believe we will see some major progress with our defense this year. The only question mark I have is our DE's.

Back