What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I will never go to a RMS

Sounded like Uber and Lyft were overloaded, actually. So was Ztrip out of Boulder. Uber was looking for more drivers. It's really not a great system unless you're in a big city when there is an event or holiday that stresses the driver inventory.

There really was no good way unless I'd left real early and spent the day in Denver today (or chosen to drive in and not be able to drink). Whatever. I never liked this game. I always hated it being in Denver. I was reminded why. I'll never consider going again. And RG is cool for realizing that many others feel this way so he offered the ticket option of using the RMS tix for a different home game.

Ok, now I'm not sorry for being a dick. Don't blame the RMS for your bad planning. There is surge pricing for all Broncos games too. It's fine if you'd prefer the game be in Boulder, but some of our fanbase acts so whiny and entitled over this game. #PleaseDontBanMe

It could be worse. After being up for several straight days with the baby process, I came down with pneumonia. Oh, and the hospital they checked me into is **** Baylor Medical Center. I'll be watching the game from there.

It could be worse. After being up for several straight days with the baby process, I came down with pneumonia. Oh, and the hospital they checked me into is **** Baylor Medical Center. I'll be watching the game from there.

Stupid babies.

(I have a 14 month old at home.)

I should add that RTD is incompetent and I feel genuinely badly for you about that - but this isn't a recent development. Just don't take it out on the game that some of us still enjoy!

**** pneumonia!

Taste of Colorado too. I just spent 1.5 hours on the road for something that should've taken half that. ****ing nuts.

I should add that RTD is incompetent and I feel genuinely badly for you about that - but this isn't a recent development. Just don't take it out on the game that some of us still enjoy!

How the **** would I know how bad RTD is? It's the first time I tried to use it and someone else who uses it regularly told me he was planning to leave at 3:30. So, from your POV, I should have anticipated that their posted schedule was not their schedule, known that it is a complete abortion of an operation, and planned some other way to get to the game. Sorry. It's bull****. And having this game in Denver does suck ass, no matter what you think. Even if I could teleport, the tailgating and seating arrangement blows and there is absolutely nothing worth doing near the stadium.

I kind of feel like I'm picking a fight with the pope. I'm just tired of all the RMS hate! This aggression will not stand!

:ROFLMAO:

Never worry about that, man. Not only do I almost never take this stuff personally, but even when I do or should I'm the one arguing not to ban someone.

But let a guy vent, ok? This ****ing sucked and it's pretty damn ridiculous that this is the process to be able to watch a college football team play a "home" game against a G5 opponent. Not like we're talking about me having trouble getting to Tenn/VA Tech in Bristol here.

It's stories like nik's that make me glad I have my own private helicopter. Watch for me, I'll be landing on the south lot. Luckily, it flies itself, so I can get smashed at the game.

EDIT: I am also offended at nik's microaggression toward RTD.

Honestly in Nik's defense, I didn't know RTD sucked either. I've never had a problem with them.

It's stories like nik's that make me glad I have my own private helicopter. Watch for me, I'll be landing on the south lot. Luckily, it flies itself, so I can get smashed at the game.

EDIT: I am also offended at nik's microaggression toward RTD.
Smashed.

How the **** would I know how bad RTD is? It's the first time I tried to use it and someone else who uses it regularly told me he was planning to leave at 3:30. So, from your POV, I should have anticipated that their posted schedule was not their schedule, known that it is a complete abortion of an operation, and planned some other way to get to the game. Sorry. It's bull****. And having this game in Denver does suck ass, no matter what you think. Even if I could teleport, the tailgating and seating arrangement blows and there is absolutely nothing worth doing near the stadium.

Fair points. I enjoy the game being played in Denver. RTD blows. Go Buffs!

For the record, it is especially bad today:

1) Friday afternoon before Labor Day
2) Taste of Colorado
3) Rocky Mountain Showdown
4) Rockies game

Let me also assure you Nik, those buses filled with drunk ass college kids are both a terrifying and joyful experience.

I did meet a fellow Buff in the liquor store up here in Broomfield at around 3pm. He has his probably 2 year old daughter, and I asked if they were going to the game. His response

"I don't go to that game anymore, to much nastiness"

He and his daughter were decked out in Buff gear.

As long as you don't need an abortion, you're probably under good care there. ;)

At least the game is on ESPN instead of getting stuck on Root or CBSSN & you'll get to see it with that limited hospital cable lineup.

Feel better, man.

Fair points. I enjoy the game being played in Denver. RTD blows. Go Buffs!
Sorry for being a dick, but you're wrong about the game being played in Denver. It sucks.

I'm in Boulder. Bad-fan Burrito and I will be grilling brats on The Hill and watching the game. Enjoy the obnoxious Ram fans (and frankly, the game seems to bring out the worse in CU fans too).

I saw a Buff on the elevator. He had his Buff gear on, I had mine, we shared a look of optimism after the obligatory GO BUUFS. Later I saw a lady in goat gear on the elevator, she looked and cowered in shame. Then I realized my fly was open....

Sorry for being a dick, but you're wrong about the game being played in Denver. It sucks.

I'm in Boulder. Bad-fan Burrito and I will be grilling brats on The Hill and watching the game. Enjoy the obnoxious Ram fans (and frankly, the game seems to bring out the worse in CU fans too).
I accept your apology!

For the record, it is especially bad today:

1) Friday afternoon before Labor Day
2) Taste of Colorado
3) Rocky Mountain Showdown
4) Rockies game

Further, 6pm is way worse than 7pm or 730pm on Friday, because you've got general work traffic (which at I-25 and Speer is bad anyway).

Also, there's a thing called Riot Fest (??) in the RiNo, so you've got additional I-25 congestion.

Add in that both CSU and CU are coming from the north, and it is a horrendous storm of congestion.

Every year I read this thread, and every year you all sound like a bunch of pussies. I'll be in London, finding a bar to watch the game with a start time of 1am. I guess the mainstream doesn't like it, but I've loved my experiences at mile high (btw, I've been to most of them)

Every year I read this thread, and every year you all sound like a bunch of pussies. I'll be in London, finding a bar to watch the game with a start time of 1am. I guess the mainstream doesn't like it, but I've loved my experiences at mile high (btw, I've been to most of them)

Would it be cool if the Broncos played one game a year at Folsom? Do you think Broncos fans would love it?

Would it be cool if the Broncos played one game a year at Folsom? Do you think Broncos fans would love it?
Nik,
I respect almost everything you say on here, but you and I both know this isn't the same thing.

The Boulder/Denver area is full of people that are getting ****ed by RTD. RE: The "A" Train to DIA. Been this way for years. You have a driver's license right?

I live in Lakewood and I am not going to the game. I had surgery on my ankle two days ago. There is no way I could walk into the stadium. My uncle is taking my ticket. Thankfully the game will be on TV. I just have to make sure I do not jump out of my seat.

Nik,
I respect almost everything you say on here, but you and I both know this isn't the same thing.

Why, because people around here put the Broncos on a pedestal for some reason?

I honestly couldn't give a **** about the Broncos. There's nothing special to me about a game being played in their stadium. So, coming from that mindset, I don't see them as different things other than Folsom's lower seating capacity causing issues.

The Boulder/Denver area is full of people that are getting ****ed by RTD. RE: The "A" Train to DIA. Been this way for years. You have a driver's license right?

I like to tailgate at games. I avoid drinking and driving.

Back