What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Idaho State

So, does Simon Fraser usually play by Canadian rules, eh?

EDIT: Just answered my own question - they play by American rules and only play American teams.

Weird.

I can see some of the younger / back-ups getting rotated in with the 1's to see how they fair and reps before pulling the cork and letting the 2nd's take over

So I'm new to Dish. The game is listed as being televised. But I'm getting Washington vs Idaho. So, I think I get the Pac "national" and not "Mountain." Do I have to call Dish? Anyone have any insight?

This was already answered, but in the future, go to your account on dish.com and under support there is a game finder tool. you put your account number and zip code in and it gives you all possible upcoming game times and channels for about the upcoming week. Very handy. To fill in a bit more detail, basically Dish has put pac12 games in conflict on Alt channels, but only for football and men's basketball.

I have no idea what Tschekler was talking about when he said you could click and get all the regionals expanded. I didn't think Dish allowed anyone to access out of region networks. They just try to make up for this lame-ness for bb and football. Maybe that was a Hopper thing? If so that's cool, maybe I need to upgrade my receiver.

Thanks Omar.
1130555_o.gif

Reactions: dio
Where do you guys come up with this stuff? ISU and Nichols both went 2-9 last year, what makes us think one is better than the other? ISU beat a weak lower tier team last weekend that went 0-9 last year, which doesn't tell us anything.

These Buffs are different......Buffs roll, and put up 60+ for the first time since 2007!!

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? ISU and Nichols both went 2-9 last year, what makes us think one is better than the other? ISU beat a weak lower tier team last weekend that went 0-9 last year, which doesn't tell us anything.

These Buffs are different......Buffs roll, and put up 60+ for the first time since 2007!!

I don't think that will happen.

M2 has been on the receiving end of a few beat downs and he also tends to have a lot of respect for other coaches. Once the score gets into the 40s the throttle will be turned way down to not embarrass the other staff.

He would have to be pretty pissed at somebody to keep on rolling score.

M2 has been on the receiving end of a few beat downs and he also tends to have a lot of respect for other coaches. Once the score gets into the 40s the throttle will be turned way down to not embarrass the other staff.

Yup. The CSU game was a little different. He's no Art Briles.

He even turned it down against CSU. By the fourth quarter he stopped throwing deep and went to a low risk offense designed to move the chains and the clock.

For sure. Leaving Sefo in notwithstanding, the game plan for the last part of the third and all of the fourth quarter was to burn clock.

I thought Simon Fraser played for the Bronco's back in the day. No?

I thought Simon Fraser played for the Bronco's back in the day. No?
For fun, I double checked. It appears there was never a Simon Fraser who played for the Bronco's (single google search, so I could be wrong).

However, I did learn, the team name is the Simon Fraser Clan.

Awkward...

There's only so much you can do as a coach. You still have to call plays on offense and the opposition has to stop you. You can't tell your running backs to run out of bounds when they have a clear path to the end zone just so they don't run up the score. Dropping 60 on these guys shouldn't be considered running up the score unless our 1s are still playing in the 4th, we're running no huddle and still throwing the ball. There's no reason to believe our 2nd and even some 3rd team guys can't score on ISU.

Besides, Oklahoma State, Ohio State and Michigan all put up 61, 77, and 63 on their week 1 opponents, respectively. Why should CU be so "classy"?

Last edited:
We shouldn't, we should execute at the highest level possible considering what looms after. If it's 60+, so be it. I'm sure they are getting paid for it.

I agree with Luke - This isn't about feelings, its about getting the guys confidence and working on the system. If that results in 60 points, so be it.

Blow them out and get Montez some serious PT. I will definitely be quite disappointed if Montez doesn't get some serious time out there.

For fun, I double checked. It appears there was never a Simon Fraser who played for the Bronco's (single google search, so I could be wrong).

However, I did learn, the team name is the Simon Fraser Clan.

Awkward...
I think it's a Scottish thing

Bold if it happens all in one play.
I don't think that's possible since they start where the nose of the ball is. So, I think the max possible on one play is 99 yards. But, WAIT!! Maybe he'll run a kickoff back from the end zone!!

I think if you look at the schedules and scores you'll see that in this battle of states Idaho would crush Nichols. However there is no relevance to CU, as last year's team could have also crushed Idaho State, and as is repeatedly pointed out on AB, MM will not humiliate an opponent by running up the score, so the final score will not be a basis for comparing team strengths.

It would be nice though if he would semi-humiliate an inept offense by getting a shutout...

game plan should be get a lead, keep working on our offense and defense schemes while working your 2 deep in with the 1s.

Back