What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Idaho Statesman: BSU and CU discussed at MWC meetings

I agree with this, but yeah that would be if the Big 12 South teams go to the PAC 16. There are a few schools that would get a shot before KU, but it would be on the list if the SEC expanded West.

I don't see it as that far fetched. After all, all this is is a money grab. KU gives you TV sets in KC and St Louis. Virginia or VT give you eyeballs in DC. TCU, Houston, SMU give you eyeballs in Dallas, Houston, etc. Sure would be nice to show back up at the bargaining table with CBS with 3-4 additional major metro markets in your back pocket. The Big 12 is about to get shreded and college football tradition as know it is probably about to die.

UNC to the SEC would never happen. Never. Given their storied tradition/rivalries with the tabacco road schools, they are untouchable. Might as well talk about Michigan leaving the Big Ten. Furthermore, even if the ACC loses some members and falters somewhat athletically, they are a dynamite academic conference. You think UNC and Virginia are going to go slumming it in the idiot-ful SEC?

UNC to the SEC would never happen. Never. Given their storied tradition/rivalries with the tabacco road schools, they are untouchable. Might as well talk about Michigan leaving the Big Ten. Furthermore, even if the ACC loses some members and falters somewhat athletically, they are a dynamite academic conference. You think UNC and Virginia are going to go slumming it in the idiot-ful SEC?

You might be right but they will be left behind in the grand scheme of things.. I don't think the ACC is in a position much stronger than the Big 12.

Sure, the ACC may have some attrition. But its core is very strong academically and athletically (at least in hoops) with Duke, UNC, UVA, Wake, Maryland, NC St, GT.

Let's not forget that the ACC expanded by three just a few years back with Miami, VT and BC. Let's assume that the SEC gets all four of its new teams from the ACC (say FSU, VT, Miami, Clemson). Well, the ACC can counter that with strong Big East schools like WV, Pitt, Louisville, etc.

Yes, they may be poached like the Big XII. But the geographics out east allow it to pick up the pieces more easily since there are strong schools already in and around the conference footprint that they could take into the fold. The Big XII is really hampered by geography, as there just aren't a whole lot of major programs in the heartland.

You might be right but they will be left behind in the grand scheme of things.. I don't think the ACC is in a position much stronger than the Big 12.

Boy, I guess anything could happen, but UNC is a hoops school first and I doubt they'd want to be in a football-first conference. UNC, along with Duke, Wake and NC State, are the heart of the ACC, a basketball-first league. I just don't see the Carolina schools as an option.

:yeahthat:

I'd be absolutely shocked if any of the North Carolina schools would be an option for the SEC. And even if they did show some interest in UNC they wouldn't be interested in leaving their beloved ACC. Besides, the ACC is not gonna die, if anything they may have to replace a few schools that the SEC might snag (FSU, Miami, GT, Clemson, VT), or they may look to expand by grabbing some Big East leftovers if the Big 10 raids that conference.

BSU stands to be the big winner here...once the big 12 gets pillaged they are going to pull from the MWC and also push for BSU. So, either way they are getting an upgrade to a MWC that will likely get consideration for the BCS or the Big 12 who already has it...they can just sit back, relax, and watch it all go down.

Back