What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ideas on how to kill the game at Invesco.

The game would be OK if it weren't for the Gestapo like reception we receive when we go to the game there. And I'm not referring to the CSU fans, either. This is all on the DPD and the Invesco Field personnel.

I would be ok with the having the game in Denver given three conditions:

1. The game kicks off no earlier than 5:00pm.
2. The riot gear bull**** ends.
3. We have the option to move our home games to Folsom if we need/want an additional home game.

In the grand scheme of things though, I would like to see the series end. With the 9 game Pac-12 schedule plus the B1G scheduling alliance, we are left with only 2 non-conference slots. The prospect of filling one of those with the ewes every year is less than appealing.

Agree that the series should be moved to campus but a) I like the idea of an in state bragging rights game, just wish it was between two really good teams and b) I'll keep going to Pat's gulag ( stolen but I love it) because I want to keep pushing against the perception that CU has Luke warm fans. If we're going to be on tv I want to be there if I possibly can.

If there's a contract - good luck getting out of that. There's a million lawyers who would be happy to defend it and make some money.

If there is one headline I don't want to read, is that csu was able to raise enough money for their new stadium thanks to the money CU paid out to kill the RMS

If there is one headline I don't want to read, is that csu was able to raise enough money for their new stadium thanks to the money CU paid out to kill the RMS
The community is so against it I don't think it's going to happen unless the Lambs want a ****strom backlash from the community.

Hey. The rammies new stadium will finish it. Donate to the rammie building fund!

Even though I live in downtown Denver and like that we play CSU every year and hope we continue to do so, this game needs to be back on campus: much of the enjoyment of attending a college football game is derived from the atmosphere surrounding the game and Denver just isn't the best place for that.

Hey. The rammies new stadium will finish it. Donate to the rammie building fund!

If csu is ever brave enough to schedule CU in either their current dump or proposed new one, it would prolly be the only sellout they woulld have all year.

I don't think you realize that was the time when the series was in hiatus. No beatdowns, no games. Awesome.

Damn. I'm usually good with stuff like this, and I even knew this. Alright, everybody get out their paddles, Dazed and Confused style, and line up.

On the topic, this indeed was the golden age of the RMS.

I'm sure Invesco would have something to say about that.
Don't think you got my point. Contracts are broken all the time. It is just a matter of paying the piper, or of how much you pay the piper.

For instance, that contract with LSU that CU broke a few years back.

Organized boycott is the best method. Donating your seats back to CU tells them you are unhappy, but someone else goes. Let they school know you aren't going and why and then force them to look at the empty seats.

Organized boycott is the best method. Donating your seats back to CU tells them you are unhappy, but someone else goes. Let they school know you aren't going and why and then force them to look at the empty seats.
I've come to the only actual way to end this game.

BURN MILE HIGH DOWN.

Exactly. It puts the onus on CU to resell those tickets instead if the season ticket holder. Plus the season ticket holder gets a little tax deduction that is better than just giving the tickets away.

Maybe CU could get enough volume of returned tickets to turn around and donate them to Make a Wish or Boys and Girls Club or the Boy and Girl Scouts.

The only way to end it is to somehow get Peyton Manning behind ending the series. If he says the game isn't played at Sports Authority Field at Mile High, then it will be so.

I couldn't find the CSU stadium thread so I'll put this here:

[video=youtube;Ci-__2tRXPU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci-__2tRXPU[/video]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back