What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If 2 B12 teams went to the Pac-10

No flame here, but I find it somewhat of a joke to read things like this from fans of other teams who probably have no direct experience with the academic challenges at the school they are spouting off about.

The comments about "tractors, overalls and tooth gaps" only shows me insecurity and ignorance. I just laugh about it just the same.

But to the point of the thread: I don't think NU would be a good fit for the P10 and wouldn't make the move if asked to join the conference.

Basic math is easier at Nebraska :thumbsup:

**** ths noise. I love beating the huskers. Playing them is the only thing I would miss from the big 12.

Good point. Trash talk and hating the Huskers certainly out weighs anything the Pac 10 might have to offer. Just think. Who would CU love to hate and make tractor, overall and toothless jokes about in the Pac 10?

Making fun of nebraska is a cottage industry in Colorado. It's easy. There are so many opportunities.

Look on the bright side, if CU goes to the Pac, you can have CSU in the big 12. Fair trade? Not really. But at least all the toothless overall-wearing hick nebraskans will have something in common with their new "rival".

Another question since you guys are closer to Texas, If the Pac-10 wanted Texas, I am assume they have to take A&M to come along correct? Would they also have to take Tech and Baylor too? From what I was reading, back when the Big 12 formed. Baylor basically got in because of heavy lobbying by some powerful political people (Governor?). Not sure why Baylor got the sweet deal, and teams like Rice, Houston, SMU, TCU etc got a raw deal.

In short, yes, A&M would likely go wherever they went. I could *see* UT in the Pac and A&M in the Big 10, but I just don't think that would happen. The Horns and Aggies have been in the same league for 100 years basically. It wouldn't work, in the end.

And the BU-TT stuff has been covered, but yes, Richards was a BU alum and Tech alums were the largest (or pretty close) group in the Capitol and the Speaker was a Tech guy, so that was that. The other teams got a raw deal because they were either smaller private schools with littler legislative sway or a public commuter school (Houston) which had always been looked down on by the others (they didn't join the SEC until the 70s).

You think OU would be #3 in Dallas? Not all of Texas, that part I understand. But I would think that Dallas would be about 50/50 between OU and UT. Then add in the OKC and Tulsa markets and to my way of thinking, OU would be a great fit in the Pac 12 with CU. Forget Utah, let's bring the Sooners with us.

Yes, OU is a big No. 3 in DFW. I don't have the numbers on me, but alumni rolls for UT and A&M are much bigger than OU's in DFW. I'm pretty sure it's UT, A&M, a decent gap, OU, then OSU/Texas Tech neck and neck. But in terms of overall fans, it's ultimately a Texas market.

OU owns both of the Oklahoma markets, obviously, but they're something like 45 and 60 or something.

I asked the question in another thread also - but is there a single school that would bring the entire Dallas market with it to another conference? Needless to say, whatever school that is (I'm guessing it's UT) would undoubtedly have the most attraction to another conference that is looking to expand.

Definitely the answer is Texas. That reason is because you'd get all the Texas fans watching, plus the fans of other teams who hate them but still watch them (ala Howard Stern).

Another question since you guys are closer to Texas, If the Pac-10 wanted Texas, I am assume they have to take A&M to come along correct? Would they also have to take Tech and Baylor too? From what I was reading, back when the Big 12 formed. Baylor basically got in because of heavy lobbying by some powerful political people (Governor?). Not sure why Baylor got the sweet deal, and teams like Rice, Houston, SMU, TCU etc got a raw deal.

I'm not bitter or anything, but I'll tell you who got the real raw deal: the original Big 8. Lots of storied programs and rivalries that are now been ruined and ignored because of the Texass quartet. The Big 8 bailed out all 4 schools and now have championship games forever in Texas, as well as several bowl tie-ins that ensure that the Texass teams get picked over others, skewed revenue sharing that benefits UT and other Texass schools, etc.

Back