What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If the Pac-12 expanded thru G5 and you had to choose...

Which would be the best paired rival for CU?

• Total voters

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Which program would you prefer as CU's travel partner/ paired rival?

Plus, if AFA became a P5 program, they still wouldn't be able to consistently recruit with the rest of the Pac. CSU and the others would no longer have the G5 stigma, and would be on an equal playing field as CU. I never want to live in a world where we worry about losing a recruit to the Rams.

Utah. Now that we're getting back to national relevance that game will start to have a whole lot more meaning. And they wear Red, so the hate will flow much easier.

**** all those choices. None of those worthless turds. If the Pac-12 wxpands it needs to gobble up current P5 teams.

giphy.gif

CSEwe has a rival in Wyoming. AFA doesn't seem to have one (esp w Army/Navy being such a huge rivalry.

stick with the utes. i am just learning to hate them. i don't want to start all over and have to build up hate from scratch again. and, hating air force is a bit like hating america itself. and i'd hate the ongoing local story line in colorado: a bunch of under-sized overachieving patriot kids v. the football factory and commie dope smokers in whacky boulder. that would suck enough to make me never want that rivalry.

CSU. Already plenty of hatred there and we have a long history of beating them which is fun to rub in their faces. It's hard to hate Air Force and having a service academy as a rival is pretty weak.

Utah is the closest thing to a real rival that we currently have. 2-4 against them since we joined the league and every game has been close. There's usually something on the line when we play for one team or the other.

We have a history with CSU, but it's pretty lopsided and there's never anything important on the line when we play.

I'll take any California school over a Texas school. **** SMU and Houston. But on the list Utah is the most established (sadly) and Air Firce is it only in state school I kind of like. So Air Froce

I'm all for Utah at this point.

If states like Oregon, Kansas, Oklahoma, Iowa, and especially Mississippi can have two P5 teams, why not Colorado?

I'm all for Utah at this point.

If states like Oregon, Kansas, Oklahoma, Iowa, and especially Mississippi can have two P5 teams, why not Colorado?
Because CSU leadership was insanely stupid about 60 years ago and didn't take advantage of the opportunities they were presented with. The Big Six could have expanded to Eight with CU and CSU but it didn't. It expanded to seven with CU and finally to eight a few years later with OSU. Let that sink in for a second. CSU could be in the same spot, athletics wise, as OSU now had they been smart enough back in the 1950's.

Moot discussion, as the Pac 12 will grow in 2022 (one year before the current TV rights expire) by adding UT, OU, OSU and either TT, UH, or KU).

Back