What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If UT Loses CCG...

Not sure I get what you mean. The winner of each of those games wins the conference, how is that not "like a championship game"?

Again, not sure I follow you. Do you mean having a CCG allows for 1 more game to be played? Not sure the point you were trying to make.

Not sure the relevance, I was solely discussing conference play. OOC schedule would still be left to each team, status quo, no change, not sure how that is "unfair". Maybe I missed your point?

Texas, GTech, Alabama & Florida will have played 13 games instead of 12 for Oregon, Oregon State & Pitt/ Cincy. That makes it completely unfair because the conference championship game would be a 13th game that pairs 2 "good" teams. The Big East, Big 11, & Pac-10 are eliminating 1 "good" matchup.

There is an inherent unfairness with schools OOC schedule that could amount to a 4 game difference in "good" matchups.

That is too big of a variable to have a legitimate National Championship system that we have......

Yeah, I don't like this north/south business. Things always seem to be out of cycle. When one us up the other is down. It's not a natural rivalry either. I think UT and CU have more in common than CU and KSU or ISU.

I'm really hoping CU gets a great coach, assuming Hawk is gone. It took Texas the better part of 15 years to get the right guy.

Texas, GTech, Alabama & Florida will have played 13 games instead of 12 for Oregon, Oregon State & Pitt/ Cincy. That makes it completely unfair because the conference championship game would be a 13th game that pairs 2 "good" teams. The Big East, Big 11, & Pac-10 are eliminating 1 "good" matchup.

There is an inherent unfairness with schools OOC schedule that could amount to a 4 game difference in "good" matchups.

That is too big of a variable to have a legitimate National Championship system that we have......

OK gotcha. Yeah the "extra" game for the CCG can certainly be both a blessing and a curse. I think those conferences felt that it would always be a positive by adding another strong matchup for their champion in order to help their national title chances, and if not, then at least they had an "auto-bid" and a big payday already set for their conference "champion".

I really don't like the Big Ten setup since they don't play everybody in their conference and can have a tie for the title. This year just worked out where Ohio State and Iowa played.

The Big East only has 8 members, so they get 5 OOC games per season compared to the Pac Ten who now plays 9 conference games and only 3 OOC matchups. Both have their good and bad points. IMO the MWC with 9 teams and 8 conference games with 4 OOC games is the best setup.

The OOC argument is harder to gauge since some schools will still schedule multiple weak opponents if they have 3, 4, or 5 OOC games (K-State anyone?).

In the end it would be great to have a "legitimate national championship system" (PLAYOFF!)

But, I think we were just trying to spitball better ideas for conference championships first.

I'm waiting for the season where 6 or 8 teams end up undefeated, with bowl games matching them up with plenty of undefeated winners.

Back