What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If we get that coveted 6th win......

PhillyBuff

no longer awaiting CU football's return... we here
Club Member
Pinstripe Bowl in NY????

versus Syracuse or Connecticut?

Ill host the tailgate with Sacky's Grill.....
IMG_0313.jpg

I don't know if we will bump Kstate or not. I'm rooting for a dark horse Big East fill in at the Beef Obradys bowl in St. Petersburg. I know, it's a longshot...but I gotta dream.

The Pinstripe Bowl against the Cuse would be a good possibility. I also read where the Pac-10 might not be able to fill their slots in SF and El Paso.

Great bowl with a lot of to play for, winner gets to go home after the game, loser has to stay in New Jersey for a week.

For some reason I don't get excited about a bowl game against another barely qualifying team in New York after Christmas.

On the other hand, any bowl for this team after five years of Hawkins would be a huge step forward. . .

if somehow the improbable happens and our Buffs do win 6 (and gawd help us all when we are referring to a 6th win as "coveted"-- we sound like ucla fans with the skipster at the helm), i predict that we will not be shut out of a bowl. one of the weedwacker level bowls will want the drama and so they will pick us. we are good that way.

oh, by the way, i haven't done this for awhile, but i need start remembering since it will be the last week for a long time:

DIE FUSKER DIE!!!!

If we get win # 6 we'll definitely end up in a bowl game. There's 35 bowl games and a few conferences out there that won't fill their slots. Pinstripe Bowl in NYC would be a fun experience for these seniors and for east coast Buffs who don't get the chance to see the team often.

Let's go out and beat those Huskers!! 2008 still kills me

If Texas wins against A&M and I think that will happen, the Big 12 bowl slots are filled with CU on the outside looking in and the Pac-10 won't have enough bowl teams so the Pac-10 might obtain permission from the Big 12 to have CU part of the Pac-10 bowl line up if possible.

If that happens and Utah goes to the Las Vegas Bowl, do you think the Pac-10 might not pass on a CU-Utah bowl game before they become members as to get the rivalry going?

So its possible we might not go to a bowl game even if we win vs Nebraska? That would suck.

yep, happened to K-state last year with 6 wins.

Hell thats nothing, I remember back in the late 80's when 7 wins sometimes wasn't enough to go bowling.

to me it's not so much the bowl but all the extra practice we get.

I agree about the extra practice. There is also the benefit of saying that you were a bowl team when recruiting (even a crappy bowl is way better than no bowl in a recruits eyes,) as well as the reward/motivation factor with your players. Finishes the year off on a positive note.

Just saying as a fan I don't get all cranked up about NYC in late December for a bowl that doesn't mean much in the big picture. Much better than no bowl though.

A 6-6 Colorado team who would be on a 3 game winning streak with an interim HC who just beat a #15 or 16# ranked team on the road would be enough of a story line for a bowl to take them-

There are a shortage of teams that will qualify for a bowl this year. If we get the sixth win, we'll be going somewhere, just maybe not one of the Big 12 slotted bowls.

I agree about the extra practice. There is also the benefit of saying that you were a bowl team when recruiting (even a crappy bowl is way better than no bowl in a recruits eyes,) as well as the reward/motivation factor with your players. Finishes the year off on a positive note.

Just saying as a fan I don't get all cranked up about NYC in late December for a bowl that doesn't mean much in the big picture. Much better than no bowl though.

Do you use the same analogy after bagging a fatty? Hey, at least the night ended on a positive...

Do you use the same analogy after bagging a fatty? Hey, at least the night ended on a positive...

That particular experience would be more up your alley, being from the land of fatties. If you get really lucky in Nebraska she takes you home to her doublewide trailer.

Being from Colorado, my experience with the "human heifer" population is mostly limited to those that migrated from our northeastern neighbor, and I never had to stoop quite that low to end the night on a positive. .

yep, happened to K-state last year with 6 wins.

Hell thats nothing, I remember back in the late 80's when 7 wins sometimes wasn't enough to go bowling.

And now....the REST of the story...
The reason K-State didn't go bowling last year with 6 wins is because they had 2 wins against FCS (I-AA) opponents. You can only claim 1 win against an FCS team toward your 6 wins for bowl eligibility.

Sounds like Baylor is earmarked for the Texas Bowl and TT for the Ticket City at this point. So the Pinstripe would have to decide between KjSU and us.

would the pinstripe bowl be a home game for Kansas State????

as a side note.... NO WAY will the Texas bowls take CU..... they don't want us anymore and we ain't traveling to them.....

I would have to think the Pinstripe Bowl takes us over K St. We are a better draw for Syracuse or UCONN...

I'm telling you guys, St. Petersburg, the Beefs Bowl...beats the crap out of Cold NY or rainy Dallas.

as a side note.... NO WAY will the Texas bowls take CU..... they don't want us anymore and we ain't traveling to them.....

I would have to think the Pinstripe Bowl takes us over K St. We are a better draw for Syracuse or UCONN...

If it comes down to Colorado and Kansas State, the Buffs would have to hope KSU loses to North Texas (ain't likely to happen). If Kansas State defeats the Mean Green, they would have seven wins, and bowls can't take a 6-6 team if a 7-5 team is available.

Colorado's best bet would be ... ironically enough ... a leftover Pac-10 bowl slot.

Seems to me that the combination of the 'story' it would become winning 3 straight after the firing with one of the victories at Nebraska would pretty much assure a bowl game.

Back