What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If we go 0-12 but don't fire the coaching staff

There's no way in Hell they could keep this staff after they go 0-12. The very thought is utterly absurd. So, while I agree that if they did do that, I'd have to re-examine my support for the school, I can't imagine they would take that approach. Nobody keeps a coach who can't win a single football game in an entire season.

It has happened a few times before, but not under the same circumstances.

For example, Lou Holtz went 0-fer in his first season at South Carolina (1999). He went on to coach at South Carolina for six years. I should note, Lou went 8-4 his second season at USC, and 9-3 his third season.

Show some loyalty. This is what is wrong with America. Spouse isn't getting it done for you, leave. Job isn't all you hoped, leave and get that unemployment check. Team sucks? Leave.

I think Embree should have resigned after Fresno State and I genuinely like and respect (nearly) everyone on this board, but because we suck, you're no longer going to be a fan? Reminds me of the kids in elementary school in the early '90s with their Cowboys and Bulls Starter jackets.

Sucking is not the problem. I can deal with cheering for the Buffs when the suck and have a great time doing it. But what I can't tolerate is not having a commitment to rising above sucking. That was my point. Any program that would keep a coach around after a winless season would be screaming the fact that it is not committed to getting better. How could I possibly care at that point?

I hope it doesn't get to that point.

Sucking is not the problem. I can deal with cheering for the Buffs when the suck and have a great time doing it. But what I can't tolerate is not having a commitment to rising above sucking. That was my point. Any program that would keep a coach around after a winless season would be screaming the fact that it is not committed to getting better. How could I possibly care at that point?

This is exactly where I am. It would be one thing if Embree went winless his first season with that brutal schedule. It's another thing to go winless in year 2 and show this much regression. I'll passionately support any Buff program, no matter how bad, that is committed to winning.

Due to some awkward travel scheduling issues, I had to "miss" watching the first three games this year. After the first three games, I'm not planning on watching *any* games live this year. I'll DVR them, and if it sounds like we didn't suck too badly, I may watch the replay. But my Saturdays this year are now free. This will be the first year since either '88 or '89 that I haven't gone out of my way to watch several, most or, more often, all of the games.

This will also be the first year since '92 that I haven't attended at least one game. Even when I moved away from Colorado, I would always make a point of going to one game. It was going to be tough this year due to some conflicts, but at the end of August I was still committed to making it happen for at least one game. Now, not so much.

I'm still going to follow the team, wear my CU gear, talk the university up, but the football team has lost my attention. I hate to say that, but rather than having my soul crushed every weekend for the rest of the fall, I will spend my weekends on more pleasant activities. If this staff turns the corner, or, more likely, gets canned and the Administration gets their heads out of their asses and hires a competent coaching staff I will probably again schedule my fall weekends around CU games. Until that happens (and I'm not counting on it happening any time soon - either the firing or hiring a competent staff), I have a whole bunch of free weekends to enjoy.

I want to say goodbye not only to CU athletics but college sports in general. The CU adminstration's apathy towards athletics plus the general direction of college sports has pushed me over the edge of the cliff. Now I'm just a Denver Broncos fan plus I'm going with just pro sports and high school sports for the forseeable future. I have became miserable of late when it comes to college sports and I don't want it to seep into the other faucets of my life.I'm not going to say anything further but GOODBYE. Not only I want to thank everyone on this board for the funny stuff but I want to tell you your welcome for the entertainment that I provided if any.

I want to say goodbye not only to CU athletics but college sports in general. The CU adminstration's apathy towards athletics plus the general direction of college sports has pushed me over the edge of the cliff. Now I'm just a Denver Broncos fan plus I'm going with just pro sports and high school sports for the forseeable future. I have became miserable of late when it comes to college sports and I don't want it to seep into the other faucets of my life.I'm not going to say anything further but GOODBYE. Not only I want to thank everyone on this board for the funny stuff but I want to tell you your welcome for the entertainment that I provided if any.

we are the reigning PAC:12 basketball champs.

This is dumb.

Nash, if you go, we'll miss you. But from my one year experience on this site, folks who throw in the towel don't have a very good track record of staying gone.

If you stuck around after Hawk was given the fifth year, you'll stick around after this year, regardless of what happens.

Really? Man up and at least give it until the end of the season.

Buffs will be turned around in 2014. Bowl Game! Take that to the bank!

You can't be older than 20, and are therefore forgiven for not learning life's lessons, because you haven't lived them.

I once bet somebody $50 that we'd be a top ten team by the end of the 2010 season. See, we came off a bowl game in 2007 and pulled a top recruiting class. For Christ's sake, we beat Oklahoma, and things were only looking up. We were finally back on track. But 2010 sucked, as did 2008 and 2009 before it. Wait until our talent develops for 2011, I was told.

Why is it that we believe our young players will develop when there hasn't been any evidence that will happen?

I'm not taking it to the bank, because I don't think it's bankable. Will I be shocked if it happens? No. But how long are we going to look two years down the road?

You can't be older than 20, and are therefore forgiven for not learning life's lessons, because you haven't lived them.

I once bet somebody $50 that we'd be a top ten team by the end of the 2010 season. See, we came off a bowl game in 2007 and pulled a top recruiting class. For Christ's sake, we beat Oklahoma, and things were only looking up. We were finally back on track. But 2010 sucked, as did 2008 and 2009 before it. Wait until our talent develops for 2011, I was told.

Why is it that we believe our young players will develop when there hasn't been any evidence that will happen?

I'm not taking it to the bank, because I don't think it's bankable. Will I be shocked if it happens? No. But how long are we going to look two years down the road?

LOL!!! Hey, it's called optimism, i think. Or does this board not allow that? 97' Buff! I know our Buffs will overcome!!!

LOL!!! Hey, it's called optimism, i think. Or does this board not allow that? 97' Buff! I know our Buffs will overcome!!!

The board allows it, but be prepared for some copious amounts of ridicule when you offer up optimism in spite of what's happening on the field.

Optimism which is contrary to both experience and evidence is really something else. This board does allow optimism, and several other world views and opinion.

Hope you're right, but remember, this year's goal was a bowl game.

Optimism which is contrary to both experience and evidence is really something else. This board does allow optimism, and several other world views and opinion.

Hope you're right, but remember, this year's goal was a bowl game.

Roger that! I'm really, really hanging my hopes of having a good season based on having a "real" QB in 2014.

a-fish-called-wanda-steamroller.JPG

kool-aid [cool eyd, kool eyd] noun

1. sugar water+purple or red= kool-aid
  2. the universal drink of the hood
  3. Propaganda brewed for mass consumption.
  4. used as a slang term to describe a situation
  5. Optimism which is contrary to both experience and evidence and is really something else.
fify

If you stuck around after Hawk was given the fifth year, you'll stick around after this year, regardless of what happens.

I've been through Hawkins, I've been through Fairbanks. My interest level may wane a bit but it won't go away.

I also have optimism that sooner or later we will rise again. The CU program is one that has been through many cycles over the decades and this is just another one of those. Eventually somebody in the administration will figure out that a winning football team is good business financially, provides a level of public exposure that the school could never buy, keeps the alumni and community supporters connected, and brings in a lot of money to both the AD and the school in general. When they do the support will return and we will again be contenders.

CU is a unique situation because of a number of reasons. It has tradition, it has a fairly widespread and successful alumni base, and it is better known nationally than it probably should be for its size. Facilities have to be upgraded but we don't have to win those battles to win the war. Decent facilities in Boulder can often beat great facilities in many college towns that don't have Boulders setting.

CU is also the only real flagship type university in the entire region of the nation taking in the western plains and the Rocky Mountains with Utah maybe being somewhat comparable.

I will continue to support CU athletics. I may not put my support behind certain individuals, decisions, or even programs at certain times. They don't get a blank check without responsibility but the Buffs are bigger than any individuals or their decisions over the long term.

GO BUFFS!

and if the admin doesn't want to support excellence in all aspects of the university they can just Go Away!

I don't think so. This time it's different. We're now operating under a Pac-12 media stream of over $20 million a year as opposed to the Big 12 revenue of $8 million a year. I could rationalize not taking football seriously enough when I could look to the budgetary problem. I can't do that any more.

I don't think so. This time it's different. We're now operating under a Pac-12 media stream of over $20 million a year as opposed to the Big 12 revenue of $8 million a year. I could rationalize not taking football seriously enough when I could look to the budgetary problem. I can't do that any more.

Alright, Nik, but I hope you do stick around. This University is bigger than a couple of ass clowns who are "running" it. You know that as well as anyone.

Back