What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If you are Jon Embree this morning...

PhillyBuff

no longer awaiting CU football's return... we here
Club Member
You issue a statement that says: "I clearly was not ready for the head coaching position and I apologize to the Colorado Buffalo fans."

Then go get a job as an assistant and re-learn some things. Jon was/ is a Great Buff.

sadly he probably thinks that this would have happened if he was still the coach...
I will give Embree some credit for not leaving cupboard totally bare-

sadly he probably thinks that this would have happened if he was still the coach...
I will give Embree some credit for not leaving cupboard totally bare-

I prefer to believe Embree puts CU and its players before himself. Yesterdays win was more sweet than bitter. He has to enjoy the players he knows and loves succeed.

Its best to lay low and just move on.

As one of the biggest Buffs fans there is, I'm sure Jon is very happy for the program and the players today.

If I'm Jon Embree I say "Go Buffs!" and celebrate the win, then call the AD and let them know I am pulling nice buyout money and would happily donate some of it back to the school if I see the football program build on this win.

that's all in the past. time to look forward.

+1 The one thing you can't change is the past..... Reflect and move on! It's was the University's poor decision (lack of loot and vision) and I believe Embree tried. Future looking a tad brighter however.... :nod:

It is time to move on.... but he left making comments. If I were in his shoes, I would admit this and then put it to bed. It is ok to admit to failure... it actually helps motivate you to overcome the failure.

He said things he should not have. He didn't builf a staff with experienced OC and DCs. He was in over his head.

That said, Jon loves CU and wanted nothing more than to return CU to its glory days. CU is the one who put a very under qualified guy in a position he had not remotely earned yet. That is on Phil or Bohn, not Jon. Who hasn't said hateful mean things that were not true when dumped by the lives of our lives? Yes, if he would say he should not have had the position, was not qualified at the time, and wishes he could have succeeded, it would mend a lot of broken fences with Buff fans. I really do think that he feels that way, but that is a lot of crow to eat. I understand him staying mum about things now.

And happy we have a great staff now....once again I am glad HCMM brought a cohesive well oiled staff with him. It will make the recovery of CU football that much quicker. And I like that.

To echo others, if Jon hadn't pulled the race card as he went out the door, fan thoughts would be different. I'm pretty much done with him until he turns another leaf and shows his "once a Buff, always a Buff" side and gets past his perceived injustice.

First off, let's let go of all thoughts regarding JE and his rough departure. He is an emotional guy and must go through his own acceptance of short comings, which is tough for such a proud man.

Second, when he is ready, I hope he does make a statement to some media source (not just twitter or something stupid like that) to say he is proud of the players and the program. When he does, we continue to forget all thoughts about the departure and accept him as the great Buff that he is.

You issue a statement that says: "I clearly was not ready for the head coaching position and I apologize to the Colorado Buffalo fans."

Then go get a job as an assistant and re-learn some things. Jon was/ is a Great Buff.

You'd be happy for your recruits and former players.

He said things he should not have. He didn't builf a staff with experienced OC and DCs. He was in over his head.

That said, Jon loves CU and wanted nothing more than to return CU to its glory days. CU is the one who put a very under qualified guy in a position he had not remotely earned yet. That is on Phil or Bohn, not Jon. Who hasn't said hateful mean things that were not true when dumped by the lives of our lives? Yes, if he would say he should not have had the position, was not qualified at the time, and wishes he could have succeeded, it would mend a lot of broken fences with Buff fans. I really do think that he feels that way, but that is a lot of crow to eat. I understand him staying mum about things now.

And happy we have a great staff now....once again I am glad HCMM brought a cohesive well oiled staff with him. It will make the recovery of CU football that much quicker. And I like that.

ymssra

Exactly correct.

Jon is a very proud man who put everything he had including his heart and soul into this job. Unfortunately it just wasn't enough and things started to implode on him.

At some point down the road I hope that Jon can mend fences with CU and the fans. It's just very hard when the wound is this fresh.

Unfortunately with the way it happened the first move is going to have to come from him and even with that the process won't be fast.

I hope he's just happy for the kids and the program. He probably is. I don't doubt he's probably still nursing some grudges, but I'm also pretty sure it's with certain people, not with the institution or the program.

The way things went down was just ****ty for everyone, but hopefully everyone can move past it. I felt at the time that he was doing severe damage to the program with his comments (and those of his supporters). Today, not so much.

He's the past. This is now. Those were some great buffs back in the day. They did amazing things. Time for some new buffs to honor the program. I hated the way he left. I hated the position he put us in. No one wants to witness failure. Time to move on.

In a way I want to thank Jon. His anger and harsh words when let go....justified or not...might have been the catalyst that made CU upper management spend the bigger money and decide to get off the oot andcget serious about football. Without that attention that he brought on CU.......would they have spent the money and got the coaches we did and Rick George, or just went cheap again?

While I thought it was hurting CU at the time, now I feel he really pushed CU into motion to take football seriously. Finally.

To echo others, if Jon hadn't pulled the race card as he went out the door, fan thoughts would be different. I'm pretty much done with him until he turns another leaf and shows his "once a Buff, always a Buff" side and gets past his perceived injustice.

1+ Huge hill to overcome. I won't let bygones go, until I see an apology for that Obama-inspired crappola.

It was his arrogance that did the job. He had resources (three former HCs on staff and Mac I practically drooling over his shoulder, waiting to give advice), he ignored them. Why? Because he knew better than them, right? And the result was the biggest FUBAR CU has ever seen; yet it was those racists that blew it for him?

Call me when that apology is posted.

If I were Jon it would be rigorous self examination, learn lesson, and move on. I love all Buffs and JE is one of the greats.

I'm hoping JE the best, he was thrown into a mess and hoped with all of his heart he could fix it. He couldn't, but I doubt it was due to lack of trying. It was just a terrible situation for him to be put into, almost a "set up for failure" situation. With no experience, no support, etc, it was doomed. He could be a good coach in a different place in time. I blame the MB.

He's the past. This is now. Those were some great buffs back in the day. They did amazing things. Time for some new buffs to honor the program. I hated the way he left. I hated the position he put us in. No one wants to witness failure. Time to move on.
+1

No reason to pile on Embree. It didn't work out with him as HC. So be it, I bet he was as happy to see the win as anyone on this board. Let the man be, he is a Buff IMO.

I think JE and Mac had an ulterior motive to get rid of Bohn and at the expense of the University. It was sad.

Back