What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If you could meet with Mike Bohn...

Could you find out from Shane or Nate if Australians call the rest of the world 'up over'?

In all seriousness: I'd ask him what his long term goals for the athletic department are. I'd ask him what kind of facilities he wanted. I'd ask him where he feels he is in relation to where he wants to go, and I'd ask him if he has a plan to get to where he wants to be.

I would tell him to look at the silver lining of Bensen's bone-headed decision to keep Hawkins. He now has almost a full year to do an exhautive search for a replacement. He can find out what it would take to bring Calhoun or whoever to Boulder and begin to court & build that relationship months in advance. In addition, he will have more tome to fill the coffers specifically for a bailout and the price of a new coach w/o big oil Bruce getting in the way and overiding him.

There are many questions I would like to ask Mike, but value in asking the question would only be whether he were to answer open and honestly. If he gave me the same canned/party-line answers that he gives Ringo in the DC it wouldn’t be worth my time. A few of the questions I would love to hear his answer to would be:
“Tell me what you were thinking at the end of the second quarter of the CSU game when the Buffs were jogging off the field while the fans booed?”
“At what point during the Toledo game did you realize the extra $500,000 wasn’t worth having the Buffs lose back to back games in a humiliating fashion on national television?”
“If you could go back and re-schedule the season, would you still have CU play CSU on Sunday and travel to play an opponent the following Friday, or would you schedule a cupcake home game for Saturday?”
“Can you go through the step by step decision making behind retaining Hawkins for the 2010 season?”

I would ask him what happened to his strong implication that IF Hawkins were to be retained for the 2010 season, he would be forced to get new assistants.

I would ask Mike just how commited he is to making CU athletics a winner. I would ask him why the 3 major sports are behind so badly in conference and why we are losing to csu. I'd want to ask if a permanant indoor facility is something they want and are looking to secure.

I would throat punch him. But then again that is just me. My level of disgust towards him is huge! He lacks backbone and is now in weasel mode to keep employed and has become something I truly hate in life............................. a person with out pride or integrity.

All are good questions, but I'm not sure if I could believe some of his answers in light of some of his interviews last season which he tended to beat around the bush or even ignore some of the questions that were presented to him by the press.

I would throat punch him. But then again that is just me. My level of disgust towards him is huge! He lacks backbone and is now in weasel mode to keep employed and has become something I truly hate in life............................. a person with out pride or integrity.

So we've graduated from internet threats to physical ones? I better warn 'Rino.

Couldn't disagree more with this. For a guy who has seemingly had his hands tied by his bosses, he has been more accessible, more upfront, and put huimself out there to confront the criticism better than anyone else in the administration. And by the way, he has managed to get more butts in folsom than a 3-9 team probably deserves.

There are certainly some problems at CU with respect to the AD, but Bohn is way down on that list IMO.

Couldn't disagree more with this. For a guy who has seemingly had his hands tied by his bosses, he has been more accessible, more upfront, and put huimself out there to confront the criticism better than anyone else in the administration. And by the way, he has managed to get more butts in folsom than a 3-9 team probably deserves.

There are certainly some problems at CU with respect to the AD, but Bohn is way down on that list IMO.

:thumbsup:

Back