What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If you had a time machine, what single event would you change?

If you had a time machine, what single event would you change?

• 2000 @ Nebraska: Tell Barnett to not squib kick after going up 32-31, Buffs win that game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2007: Alert AD of walk-on-training-table-meal issue. Gets resolved without penalties.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Handing the program over to NeWeasel in 1995.
Rep! This is not getting enough run. He was handed the keys to a Ferrari and he wrapped it around a tree like the rich kid in high school who wrecks the new Camaro he got for his 16th birthday. I'm not saying that Mac's choice, Bob Simmons, would have been the right guy (he flamed out at Okie Lite), but clearly Skippy wasn't the right guy.

Rep! This is not getting enough run. He was handed the keys to a Ferrari and he wrapped it around a tree like the rich kid in high school who wrecks the new Camaro he got for his 16th birthday. I'm not saying that Mac's choice, Bob Simmons, would have been the right guy (he flamed out at Okie Lite), but clearly Skippy wasn't the right guy.

We might run into timetravelers from Washington and UCLA on that one.

Tough choices. I was tempted to go with the '01 "scandal" because that really did change our course of history for the worse, but voted for '94 instead. If we win that game, we go undefeated with Mac's greatest team with the side benefit of Dr Tom not winning a NC that year and those jackwads don't get to claim back-to-back championships in 94 & 95.

Guys, I talked to some of my friends over at Texas A&M. They said we're allowed to count 89 and 94 as National Championships. So we're up to 3! Someone tell Plati.

We also have '61, '72, and '01 using their metrics

(think the first two are the right tears)

My choice isn't listed. I'd go back to 1994, but I'd go to sit down with Mac and convince him to put off retirement for at least another 10 years.

My choice isn't listed. I'd go back to 1994, but I'd go to sit down with Mac and convince him to put off retirement for at least another 10 years.

One can only speculate. A round about way of doing that may be to sit down with Sal Aunesse and Kristy McCartney and show them Sal's destiny with cancer and Kristy's destiny to be a single widowed mother and CU's destiny to suck ass for a decade following Mac's departure.

Then plead with Sal and Kristy to get Mac's and Lindi's blessing to wed before TC is concieved. It's the only way to keep Coach Mac from becoming a minister and walking away from Colorado football. Then upon Sal and Kristy's nuptials, change history by miraculously curing Sal's cancer. Also guide Bill McCartney to think twice about quoting Scripture on the subject of homosexuality and abomination before God.

Also school him on the concept of institutional control and the dangers of a certain Lisa Simpson.

If that happened, then maybe Mac wins a dozen mNCs, builds some amazing facilities, and methodically grooms Embree to be his successor after Embree spends an appropriate apprenciceship as an offensive coordinator on the 2001, 2002, 2005, and 2007 national championship teams and completes an NFL coaching tour with the New England Patriots.

No Promise Keepers
No Neuheisel and Katy Hnida
No Lisa Simpson
No AD reporting to Phil DiStephano.
No Dan Hawkins
No Extension on the RMS at mile high
No losses to Montana State or Sacramento State.

If only.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Great decision on his part. He was burned out and went out on top.

If birth control was retroactive, it wouldn't take a time machine. I'd say the transition from Mac. We could have hired just about anyone and a bad choice was made.

Convincing CU regents not to hire Judith Albino would tie in to this.

2 others:

Stopping Gary from making the 'She was terrible' comment. Really believe things wouldn't have been half as bad if he had stayed away.

Go back to October '90 before CU leaves for Columbia, MO and tell Mac and staff to pack the longest cleats they can find. That way Mizzou's joke of a field isn't as big of an issue, CU wins going away, and no 5th down ever happens.

I voted for the NC. I was at the game and it would have been the end to a phenomenal season.
Back to back NC's & a seat at the big boys table for a half century.

Hard to turn down national championship(s), but if we avoid the issues in 2001 we probably aren't overly bad off right now. Sure would be nice to have another championship or two, though.

tough list but the 89 national championship would be hard to not vote for--- it would have capped the year for sal's memory.

back to back NCs would have been cool as hell.

my 2nd choice would be that 94 loss.

I am still voting for 2001 and the faux scandal because these past years have been depressing to me as a fan.

But I can remember like it was yesterday rolling into Lincoln in 1994 absolutely sure we were winning and rolling to an undefeated season culminating in the Orange Bowl against Miami. We were winning that game.

Call Barnett's bluff on his interest in the TCU job by offering a contract more friendly to the school.

We pasted them in 1994

I know, I was there, I wanted the shutout though. btw, this is not my top choice, it's just one that had not been mentioned

And we rolled em. That game was a night game if I remember.

Yes, Salaam had 4 TD's before halftime
18156_1353193792801_510013_n.jpg

i voted for the 2001 fresno state game. two national championships would have made a huge difference in our history to this point...

i voted for the 2001 fresno state game. two national championships would have made a huge difference in our history to this point...

I think Miami would have treated us like Lindsay lohan treat a pile of coke. Blow it away. Then **** some bum and give him herpes.

I think Miami would have treated us like Lindsay lohan treat a pile of coke. Blow it away. Then **** some bum and give him herpes.
I agree with you, we don't win in 2001. We kill them in 1994. That would have been a revenge game from the fight in 1993.

Back