What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If you were Athletic Director...

I attended UCCS for a year and then graduated from CU Denver and I was always disappointed that there were never student tickets for UCCS and CU Denver students. I think including those schools would go along way. I know this was said earlier but felt like adding my thoughts

My wife went to CU Denver and we bought season tickets as a student.

I'd also do away with the separate student entrance. It's absurd that the students get treated that way. They have a ticket to the game. That's enough to be able to come in through any entrance they feel like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

#3 is a terrific idea - to build on it further, over the long term, I'd love to see a student loyalty program that encourages student attendance at all CU athletic events, and not just the ones that are traditionally popular like FB and MBB...

Living in Seattle I'm a pretty big Sounders fan, and building on this point, they have a pretty cool program started this year with their matchpass: https://matchpass.soundersfc.com/

You get a card that has your season tickets in it and a bar code that gets scanned all over the stadium. You get points for attending matches and bonus points for various things like showing up early, buying concessions/merchandise, even watching away games on tv (they put a code on the screen you enter on the website). Discounts on beer/food until a half hour prior to kickoff further incentivize people to show up early, something our student section at least has a real hard time with. Then when you build up enough points you can redeem them for some pretty cool rewards, field level passes, player meet and greets, signed balls/jerseys, etc.

This seems like it would work really well for students and non-students alike, give points for attending non-revenue games, tie in with the book store for merch, and most of the rewards wouldn't really "cost" the program anything but some time.

Living in Seattle I'm a pretty big Sounders fan, and building on this point, they have a pretty cool program started this year with their matchpass: https://matchpass.soundersfc.com/

You get a card that has your season tickets in it and a bar code that gets scanned all over the stadium. You get points for attending matches and bonus points for various things like showing up early, buying concessions/merchandise, even watching away games on tv (they put a code on the screen you enter on the website). Discounts on beer/food until a half hour prior to kickoff further incentivize people to show up early, something our student section at least has a real hard time with. Then when you build up enough points you can redeem them for some pretty cool rewards, field level passes, player meet and greets, signed balls/jerseys, etc.

This seems like it would work really well for students and non-students alike, give points for attending non-revenue games, tie in with the book store for merch, and most of the rewards wouldn't really "cost" the program anything but some time.

This is absolutely brilliant. So of course we'll never do it.

This is absolutely brilliant. So of course we'll never do it.

"Someone" with authority would need to set up a search committee and study the plan.

Then there should be a consultant hired to analyze the impact and study if other universities have done anything similar. This may involve travel.

After that, a bid should go out seeking the best vendor.

And then the committee should reconvene to determine who wins the bid.

Then a negotiation and legal review is necessary to finalize the terms and conditions.

After that there should be a meeting with finance to secure funding.

Then "Someone" brings the idea to the chancellor/president for final review and approval.

If the plan meets certain materiality thresholds or involves risk, then the item needs to be brought to the regents for their blessing.

Since this is CU, there may be more steps.

Back