What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

i'll go out on a limb and guess that the next HC is...

Cody Hawkins Return of the Hawk coming Fall 2013 to a football stadium near you. On a more serious note DeRuyter would be a good choice, as well top coordinators around the nation.

I was gonna make this joke but I just have too much respect for Cody after the shenanigans he had to deal with his senior year. I certainly think more of Cody than Klatt at this point.

Irv and Joe were talking about Neweasel.

Senile people shouldn't have radio shows.

:rofl:

I'd like to bump this thread for a few reasons:

1.) I like the candidates we've been discussing like MacIntyre and DeRuyter, but I am not in love with them

2.) Rumour has it we had someone in today who may be a current BCS HC and I don't think we have many of those left in our probable candidates discussions

3.) Tuberville announcement today shows me that there probably are some HCs with big time coaching experience in BCS that for whatever reason are available or interested in moving along

I for one would be thrilled if Bohn pulled off a shocker and got a successful BCS coach looking for a change or the opportunity to rebuild a once proud program or a salary and facilities increase...

I'd like to bump this thread for a few reasons:

1.) I like the candidates we've been discussing like MacIntyre and DeRuyter, but I am not in love with them

2.) Rumour has it we had someone in today who may be a current BCS HC and I don't think we have many of those left in our probable candidates discussions

3.) Tuberville announcement today shows me that there probably are some HCs with big time coaching experience in BCS that for whatever reason are available or interested in moving along

I for one would be thrilled if Bohn pulled off a shocker and got a successful BCS coach looking for a change or the opportunity to rebuild a once proud program or a salary and facilities increase...
intersting. who is the poor BCS program that could lose their coach to CU?

intersting. who is the poor BCS program that could lose their coach to CU?
No idea but I think Reed may know something-although the only thing publicly he is saying is that he believes we met with someone today and that he also is aware that Bohn still hopes to get a BCS HC but is also opening the search to coordinators.

This is a narrow list that is clearly not inclusive but I am looking on Coacheshotseat for coaches who could be canned who still could be of interest (in some cases maybe they won't be fired but could be keen for a change of scenery). I am only putting a minimum criteria of being in top 50 on Hot Seat, having a career winning record and being a HC at a BCS school.

Kirk Ferenz (Iowa)
Mack Brown (Texas)
Gary Pinkel (Missouri)
Mike Leach (WSU)
Mike London (Virginia)

Interest in any of them?

On top of this who knows how many current coaches in the NFL, or current ESPN analysts who were recently HC who could also be interested?

Gary Pinkel is a coach who would be interesting.

84-54 overall record. He was pretty vocal that he did NOT like the move into the SEC.

He has ties to the west coast. He was Don James' offensive coordinator at Washington from 1984 - 1990.

Back