What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Illini fans, welcome to the board.

That simply is not true.

Any Buffs fan who might decide to post there will be treated fairly. They certainly won't be treated any worse than Illini fans are treated here. I think the two fan bases are a compatible bunch.

That group? Would tears these buffs up.

:rofl:Go ask Nebraska about our fans. Listen to our supposed war crimes. Hope you boys aren't bringing your grandmothers to the game.

What would be cheaper ... shipping the balloons to Austin already filled ... or shipping them there unfilled and getting them somehow filled down there? (methinks in Austin there would be plenty of opportunities for the latter)

gazelle_chew.gif

Last edited:
seriously though,

aren't ya'll afraid those mountains are gonna fall over on you?

Maybe a little. Are you nervous that the evolution curriculum is gaining steam on creationism in your public schools?

On second thought, I've decided to stay. Nothing more painful than me hanging around this board. Trust me.

Good work boys, you got Timmer to quit and come back in one day. This type of thing normally only happens once every 6 months on the deuce.

As for the deuce, I like both formats for different things. I used to prefer the threaded view, now I prefer the topic view for sports or new boards. The threaded view is better, imo, once you know the participants of a board, because you know who's opinion you care enough about to click on their posts. Also, the deuce was pretty much a spin-off from a couple boards that became heavily moderated by people who supported Bruce Weber, because you know he's so folksy and solid, for an insecure child who throws tantrums and calls Gatorade "juices".

As for the game, I like this match-up for Illinois, but I can also see why I'd want to play Illinois if I was Colorado. Illinois is a bit of feast or famine on both offense and defense. On defense, we have pretty good athletes and our strength is solid man and help on the ball, but they are very vulnerable to good passing once help is needed. Looking at things, it doesn't seem like passing is Colorado's strength. Illinois offense is dominated by guards and we really have little inside presence outside the occasional putback. As a result, a heavy percentage of our shots will be from the outside whether open or not, and it seems that Colorado will pack it inside and allow more outside shots, relatively speaking.

If I'm Colorado, I look at how thin Illinois is inside, and know we get to the line a lot, so I think I can get them in foul trouble and just dominate the boards even more than I otherwise would. I'd like the fact that Illinois really hasn't been hot from the 3 pt line in months, and realize if their chucking, we should dominate the boards.

I don't think it ends close. I think one team starts to pull away mid way through the second half as both teams can have scoring droughts.

I like our chances if the game is close, especially if Dinwiddie goes into attack mode. He has to be a 90% FT shooter in the last ten mins of the 2nd half this season

I used to think that it was just my buddy who worked for Weber while at Illinois that hated him.

Now I'm seeing it's ALL Illinois fans that hate him.

I'm going to start preparing my KSU fiancee' for a downturn over the next few years...

I like our chances if the game is close, especially if Dinwiddie goes into attack mode. He has to be a 90% FT shooter in the last ten mins of the 2nd half this season

I go both ways on this. Illinois is 6-1 in close games this year, and multiple guys have stepped up on both ends down the stretch. The only game they lost was a game where MSU was really in control at MSU. Illinois is over 72% from the line, while Colorado is under 69%. Having said that, so many little things can happen at the end of a game to sway a game, and some or fortune. An opponent can miss an open three, you can rattle in a FT, a ref can make a bad call. I like that Illinois has stepped up and hit big shots every time in that situation, however I don't like that odds say you can't always do that.

Colorado is 5-4 in games decided by less than 5 (or OT), but I agree it helps to have a player that can pretty much get his shot at will and make FT's in that situation. I've really only seen the Arizona games as your close games, but I'd certainly be nervous if it is a one possession game late.

Has anyone made it over to any Illini boards? I'd try but they all look crappy and there are apparently 20 of them

I used to think that it was just my buddy who worked for Weber while at Illinois that hated him.

Now I'm seeing it's ALL Illinois fans that hate him.

I'm going to start preparing my KSU fiancee' for a downturn over the next few years...

First thing you gotta know about Goose is that he keeps a fiancee at each of the Big 12 schools (except West Viriginia for some unkown reason) and at each of the Pac 12 schools.

First thing you gotta know about Goose is that he keeps a fiancee at each of the Big 12 schools (except West Viriginia for some unkown reason) and at each of the Pac 12 schools.

Not if you keep telling everyone that dammit.

Back