What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Illini fans, welcome to the board.

Just ban this turd already. His junior high trash talk is really fun :rolling_eyes:
It's not even junior high. It's smack talk from a 6th grader whose parents are gone so he feels like a badass by cussing. I mean both of his PM's to me are "HAHAHAHAHA you ****ing suck dick". Seriously? Weak.

It's not even junior high. It's smack talk from a 6th grader whose parents are gone so he feels like a badass by cussing. I mean both of his PM's to me are "HAHAHAHAHA you ****ing suck dick". Seriously? Weak.

Hmmmmmm....reminds me of somebody.

Hey I send Orr messages like that all the time.

I like Chi Town. Cool place. The Cubs suck. But then, so do the Rox. One thing, why so many Chicago ex patriots in Denver?

just wanted to drop by and let you guys know that I was impressed with your fans at the game. it was a good game and your fans really represented well...loud students and a good showing over all. There were more Illini fans there, but the buffs fans were much louder. I'm not sure what you have coming back next year, but I'm sure you'll have success in the future. You've got a solid coach and play some really good D. Best of luck next year in the PAC....hopefully we'll meet again sometime (preferably in Boulder since that would be a great road trip).

just wanted to drop by and let you guys know that I was impressed with your fans at the game. it was a good game and your fans really represented well...loud students and a good showing over all. There were more Illini fans there, but the buffs fans were much louder. I'm not sure what you have coming back next year, but I'm sure you'll have success in the future. You've got a solid coach and play some really good D. Best of luck next year in the PAC....hopefully we'll meet again sometime (preferably in Boulder since that would be a great road trip).

Everyone except Sabatino Chen and Shane Harris Tunks and maybe (probably) Andre Roberson are coming back. This year was a rebuilding year.

thanks....I have some terrific Illini friends.....great fans and good guys. Best of luck against MIA.

Thanks, man.

It was interesting getting familiar with the various Illini boards leading up to and after the tourney game.
The game itself was quite the roller coaster. Your champaigne rain of threes did us in. Both teams struggle with consistency from one half...err...one minute to the next.

I came away impressed with your coach and really liked the way your fans supported your team on the internet. Special props to the guys taking pictures behind the scenes at the airport, in the plane, at the practice gym, and in the stands. Fighting Illini fans can really get up close and personal with the whole Big Dance experience even if they didn't go to Austin.

There were elements in both fan bases who correctly called the keys to the game, and by and large, the match-up made for good television, with all that the back and forth drama.

I also came away with the impression that many Illini fans hide behind their B1G conference affiliation, have an overinflated sense of their school's academic and party scene, and generally disrespected Colorado coming into the game. The B1G conference affiliation had very little to do with the outcome of that game, other than bringing our two teams together under the selection formula. That outcome was all on the coaches and the players. I like to think that if the Buffs played a full 40 minutes, we might have earned a little respect from you guys. Similarly, if Illinois knew how to keep the lead, I suspect Buff fans would be willing to give you guys some more props. If these two teams played home and home plus at a neutral location, I suspect this Illinois team would go 2-1.

But I seriously doubt there is much of an appetite for the B1G to cross schedule OOC inside the P12. This is too bad, because its clear that neither of our fan bases really give a rats ass about one another, except for the handful of folks who have spent a little time in each other's back yards. Given the propensity for Illinois fans to point out the academic rankings, the B1G affiliation, the 19 year old drinking age, and the unsubstantiated observation that there were more Illini fans in Austin, all I can say is...atta boy. Have a cookie and pat yourselves on the back for being so incredibly awesome human beings.

Of course Colorado fans are loud and represent well. Anyone with the Pac 12 network living in the western half of the country knows that. A big problem is that most Illinois fans don't watch much P12 basketball and don't give the Conference of Champions much respect because they aren't staying up past midnight and don't really care that Directv doesn't carry our network. Yes, Villianginia, there is basketball and passionate basketball fans west of Lawrence.

I admit that I really have no love for the B1G or SEC. The fans from both conferences generally are too impressed with themselves and should go choke on a big bag of dicks. I and am hoping that both of these conferences implode in the brackets when it's all said and done, although Indiana looks legit and MSU has a fighters chance.

Since we are friends, have a beer on me :drink2: and allow me to be frank.

The cultural exchange with Illinois fans ranked two-and-a-half out of five stars. You guys really would do well to be more self effacing. Give up the chest pumping and grow a funny bone.

Congrats on neutralizing Spenser Dinwoodie, fighting for the win, and moving on to play another day. In the future, be sure to soundly beat Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State, both Michigan teams, and everyone from Indiana. Sorry, but your fan culture just isn't as cool as those I've come across from Iowa, Minnesota, and especially Wisconsin.

If we play again, maybe it will be around this time next year. Then we can pick this up again where we left off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back