What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm hearing friend of a friend of cousin type rumors

I still think CU is a fast turnaround with the right guy, and I think there are a lot of the right guys out there who would take the job. A lot of the right guys are hungry assistants at big time programs, and a lot of them would take a chance at CU in a heartbeat.

And when I say fast turnaround, I'm talking 6-8 wins consistently, not neccesarily MNC contenders every year.

Is there anybody that agrees with that?
I totally agree. I still think CU can and should be a premium, top notch program.

Utah side.
Thanks. One thing, when coaches are successful, especially in the second tier conferences, lots of rumors begin floating around. So, who knows? I'd bet you start hearing lots of other rumors about him as well.

I'm with Nik on this. I would want someone who has at least been a coordinator at a big time school for a couple years. As we've found out *cough* what works in the WAC/MWC won't necessarily work in the Big XII.

Anybody know what Utah's football budget is compared to CU's? Just a guess, but I suspect CU has a much bigger budget. He'd be paid more, his assistants would be paid more. And this crap about the one-year contracts is ridiculous. Nobody has been let go because thier contract ran out.

Per IndyStar.

Utah's "football" budget is approx. $11 million while CU's is $22 million. It has always been hard to get accurate breakdowns per department since different schools report things differently.

Total Athletic Dept. Budgets are: Utah $25.5 million (at a profit of $4 million), CU $36.6 million (in the red by $800k).

Not sure that KW would get paid more at CU, as he currently gets $1.2 million per year and Hawk gets less than that and they were both hired around the same time (1 year apart). Not sure about the assistants at all.

The point about the 1-year contracts for assistants in Colorado (the State, not just CU) isn't that anyone got fired; but that they have left for out of state jobs that offered more guarantee (Grimes to Auburn, Helfrich to Oregon). Of course some assistants aren't tempted away (Cabral) but it is still a factor to consider about trying to retain your assistants and/or provide them with the best total offer when you bring in "your guys" as a HC.

aw look... a sheep****er heard from. how cute, sticking up for your conference like that... shouldn't you be studying for your "jacking off a bull to increase semen production" finals?

Want to address UU v. UCB? Nowhere did I mention CSU...

Shouldn't you be worried about your own program?

I am worried about my program. However, after removing/releasing Sonny, we've made a good hire with Fairchild. This year sucks, and I feel good about the future of the program.

Just wanted to provide insight on K Whittingham scenarios, as I read about him & UU -- MWC team, ya know.

Go get em guys. Were a better team cause they beat us. Were jus having hiccup moment in our powerful superior big12 conference. For 4 years in a row. Whopdeefukindoo.

I give credit to Hawkins for substantially improving the talent over what he found when he got here. He hasn't shown that he knows how to use it but clearly this team has a lot of quality young talent. We will probably lose a good part of a class in the transition year between coaches but a look at the roster shows a lot of RS Fr and RS Soph plus true underclassmen. A quality coach coming in should be disapointed winning less than 6-7 games his first two years and by then be established recruiting.

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect this program to win 8-10 games a year and regularly content to play in the conference championship game.

Whoever comes in can expect to have a regular place in the top 25.

With this being the case, CU is a step up from any program in the MWC, the WAC, or any other non-BCS conference.

interesting... other rumors abound as well.
I call bull ****ing ****! DON'T DO THAT! :lol:

After over 30 years of following the Buffs, and recalling that a very small percentage of rumors are actually true, I do not even consider rumors as being close to true.

Urban Meyer misses the west, and has a 7 pm eastern press confrence scheduled to announce his resignation from Florida. He plans to take the CU head coaching position about to be open. :smile:

And he wants to work for $1 a year!

It's been addressed plenty.

LOl at the UCB. Lambkins are the only ones that use it or find it creative.

kNU? KSjU? Saxet? Ring any bells?

Geez...just tryin' to provide a little info on the speculative maybe. KW has a sweet-ass situation. Your school (note the lack of initials) has some good things going for it. KW is not moving on to your school. I'll be here eating crow if he takes the HC job at your school.

But somehow works in the SEC?

Meyer's great, but how many Hawkinses are we prepared to go through? If we go this route, we'll be saddled with two buyouts, plus whatever it costs us to get Whittingham out of his contract with the Utahrds. We can't afford to whiff on another 'home-run'. One things for sure - even if he flamed-out like a roman candle, we'd be stuck with him for the full length of his contract.

Last edited:
Im thinking that if DH were a goner there would be more buzz and more rumors to this effect. Remember when EB left? Remember when RN left? The internet was more archaic under RN and yet we kept hearing something was up.

The A&M win was a shot in the arm for his survival. Beat ISU and dont lose badly to NU and he's probably *sigh* still our head coach.

I call bull ****ing ****! DON'T DO THAT! :lol:

After over 30 years of following the Buffs, and recalling that a very small percentage of rumors are actually true, I do not even consider rumors as being close to true.
really random. Initials TT with some random Oline coach. Sorry, I did that just to get your blood pressure up DBT :smile2:

really random. Initials TT with some random Oline coach. Sorry, I did that just to get your blood pressure up DBT :smile2:

Tommy Tutone is going to coach the Buffs? We'll get some sweet halftime music now!

Meyer's great, but how many Hawkinses are we prepared to go through? If we go this route, we'll be saddled with two buyouts, plus whatever it costs us to get Whittingham out of his contract with the Utes. We can't afford to whiff on another 'home-run'. One things for sure - even if he flamed-out like a roman candle, we'd be stuck with him for the full length of his contract.

Exactly why DH will probably be here next year. Or Cabral or Dave Logan will be HC.

The AD is supposedly running in the red this year. They will be paying off Barnett. Paying off DH (fired or not). And paying off the loan for the stadium expansion. The state cut $80mil out of higher education funding which was restored by Stimulus spending thats due to run out. The schools administration is not going to lend the AD more money.

We.

Cant.

Afford.

it.

Sucks as it does either DH stays and hopefully improves or we buy another coach on the cheap.

Exactly why DH will probably be here next year. Or Cabral or Dave Logan will be HC.

The AD is supposedly running in the red this year. They will be paying off Barnett. Paying off DH (fired or not). And paying off the loan for the stadium expansion. The state cut $80mil out of higher education funding which was restored by Stimulus spending thats due to run out. The schools administration is not going to lend the AD more money.

We.

Cant.

Afford.

it.

Sucks as it does either DH stays and hopefully improves or we buy another coach on the cheap.

Ya we can, our money is a lot better than you think

Im thinking that if DH were a goner there would be more buzz and more rumors to this effect. Remember when EB left? Remember when RN left? The internet was more archaic under RN and yet we kept hearing something was up.

The A&M win was a shot in the arm for his survival. Beat ISU and dont lose badly to NU and he's probably *sigh* still our head coach.

Nobody loses badly to NU with the ****ers pitiful offense, NOBODY!

Tommy Tutone is going to coach the Buffs? We'll get some sweet halftime music now!

8675309!

8675309!

by the way, to the self important sheep****er poster: **** off. go back to ejaculating barn animals for fun and profit. CU is a nice step up for any coach in the minor leagues. and, unlike your ****ty ass ag school, CU actually has some history in football and isn't permanently excluded from the club like the sheep.

seriously... **** off.

8675309!

8675309!

by the way, to the self important sheep****er poster: **** off. go back to ejaculating barn animals for fun and profit. CU is a nice step up for any coach in the minor leagues. and, unlike your ****ty ass ag school, CU actually has some history in football and isn't permanently excluded from the club like the sheep.

seriously... **** off.
[video=youtube;i2uD81BD8OI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2uD81BD8OI[/video]

Back