What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm Reading Many Ram Fan Crying About The Late Pass Intereference Call

InTheBuff

Club Member
Club Member
I was at the game-
didn't Williams make the catch w/one foot inbounds anyway?
didn't have instant replay to refer to-

I actually thought it was defensive holding, rather than Pass interference.. so I guess they could cry about that 10 yards..

Williams was out of bounds when he caught....

The ram DB was all over Williams with his back to the QB. It was right in front of me. I thought the pass interference call on us earlier in the game was BS, he didn't appear to even touch the ram player.

Let 'em cry.:cry:

I thought the pass interference call on us earlier in the game was BS, he didn't appear to even touch the ram player.

They called Burney for running him out of bounds..I guess that is where they saw the pass interference on that play..

From my vantage point the Ram did interfere and not only that, even if you don't call interference you would have to call a force out because PWill would have come down in bounds (I think he caught it out of bounds) if he wasn't being pushed out while up in the air. The throw and catch were money, Rams have to respect that.

The ram DB was all over Williams with his back to the QB. It was right in front of me. I thought the pass interference call on us earlier in the game was BS, he didn't appear to even touch the ram player.

Let 'em cry.:cry:

That's exactly what I was thinking too, hardly saw the receiver get touched if at all.

It's spilled milk at this point. Not worth crying about.

What's the take on CSU's recovered kick-off?
Did CSU's kicker deliberately placekick a line drive into CU's coverage team, and got a great bounce? Or was that a really bad kick-off that turned out lucky for CSU?

If CSU want's to shed a tear about the interference call, they should also recognize they got a damn lucky break on their second 3rd quarter kickoff.

I think it was a fair call, just tough having a huge play like that swing on a penatly.

Just curious, but would you agree that even if they didn't call PI that they should have called it a force out? That's what I saw.

Just curious, but would you agree that even if they didn't call PI that they should have called it a force out? That's what I saw.

Does college football have the "force out" rule?

I think in college, you have to land with your foot down, it doesn't matter if you get pushed out or not. But I could be wrong.

Good luck to the Buffs the rest of the way. I like it when Colorado has good college teams. I wish we would have won today but it was a great game.

I was at the game-

If they are crying about that call, they are a bunch of bitter, inbred, whiny morons. Which means there is no doubt they are whining about that call.

Honestly, I can't see how there is any question that was interference. And frankly, the third down play immediately preceding that was arguably pass interference as well. The defender on that one clearly had an arm wrapped around the CU receiver. I can live with a no-call there, but no calls on both plays would have been an absolute joke.

Just heard Matt Newton on the FSN postgame (had to Tivo the game - thank God for ff at the end - don't know how anybody survived having to wait between plays at that point) saying that you have to "let them play" in that 4th down play. That's a load of bs. You don't have to make ticky tack calls there, but let them play does not mean let them blatantly violate the rules of the game. :huh:

I was at the game-

It was hard to see from where I was sitting at but when they showed it on the big screen it was obvious PI.

Let them cry, I say.:lol:

From my vantage point the Ram did interfere and not only that, even if you don't call interference you would have to call a force out because PWill would have come down in bounds (I think he caught it out of bounds) if he wasn't being pushed out while up in the air. The throw and catch were money, Rams have to respect that.

There is no force out in College Ball.

Back