What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm ready...

RuffBuff

Club Member
Club Member
For Shanny....find a way...bring him in...do it.

mahnke looks slow out there....big hitter...but man. i feel for him. is he hurt, because he didn't look this slow last year.

speedy looks good and can create when there is no hole....i don't know whats up with scott.....sumler looks better than scott at this point...

we have to give hansen a shot...burn the shirt...

maybe i'm out of my mind...

D. Scott is still averaging 5.4 yards per carry.
edit: and had his longest run called back.

I agree with all of that, but there is no way Shanny comes to CU

I agree it's not likely but Shanny is a Colorado guy, he's independantly wealthy, has produced at the highest level and I could conceive of him taking on a fix'er-upper like CU. If he got us turned around it would be a nice addition to his legacy.

mahnke looks slow out there....big hitter...but man. i feel for him. is he hurt, because he didn't look this slow last year.

maybe i'm out of my mind...

Sure he did. He just had Ryan Walters, and a pass rush to play off of.

D. Scott is still averaging 5.4 yards per carry.
edit: and had his longest run called back.

You can't look only at stats. Toledo has by far the worst rushing D we have seen, which is where he got all his yards.

and i think i might be able to return punts as well as espy...and i'm 33 years old, 33 lbs overweight and run the 40 in about 33.3

I still think we have a shot at landing Shanny

me too....i don't know why...i don't smoke anything funny....i barely drink...but maybe i'm just crazy...who knows? why not shanny...do it for the state....a state full of people who have loved and supported you for almost 20 years....do it. :wow::lol::thumbsup:

No Hall of Fame NFL coach is going to take a mid-level rebuilding college football job. IMO

I just don't see it. Perception completely dictates coaching hires. Right now, his image in the NFL is sterling, he is the Mastermind, and will be a desireable "get" in 2yrs at the NFL level. Why would he run the risk of coming to CU? If he is anything less than dominant, at least in the B12N, his stock will drop.

The move doesn't make sense unless the guy just sees it as some kind of formidable challenge he wants to undertake--kinda like alligator wrestling.

I just don't see it. Perception completely dictates coaching hires. Right now, his image in the NFL is sterling, he is the Mastermind, and will be a desireable "get" in 2yrs at the NFL level. Why would he run the risk of coming to CU? If he is anything less than dominant, at least in the B12N, his stock will drop.

The move doesn't make sense unless the guy just sees it as some kind of formidable challenge he wants to undertake--kinda like alligator wrestling.

We'll find out, but I have recently talked to a family friend after all the shanny talk broke out who is very close with the Shannahans. No joke, he would listen. I would be concerned about how long he would stay over the chances we get hom for a temp fix.

Crap, I really wasn't supposed to get that into it.

STOP IT!!! This is never going to happen. Shanahan is an NFL coach, period. He'll have a number of great opportunities in the league next year. Dallas or San Diego most likely if either don't make the playoffs this year. Even IF he coached in college it wouldn't be at CU. What possible reason would he have to even consider CU? Because he likes living in CO? He made 7 million a year coaching the Broncos and will get at least that in his next NFL job. How does CU pay even half that? And why would he take it? And don't tell me because Bowlen is paying him that he would take less money to coach at CU. He has ZERO ties to the school. It isn't going to happen. :wow:

STOP IT!!! This is never going to happen. Shanahan is an NFL coach, period. He'll have a number of great opportunities in the league next year. Dallas or San Diego most likely if either don't make the playoffs this year. Even IF he coached in college it wouldn't be at CU. What possible reason would he have to even consider CU? Because he likes living in CO? He made 7 million a year coaching the Broncos and will get at least that in his next NFL job. How does CU pay even half that? And why would he take it? And don't tell me because Bowlen is paying him that he would take less money to coach at CU. He has ZERO ties to the school. It isn't going to happen. :wow:

:cry: People can dream right. I'm on the boat that thinks there's a small chance. Don't kill the dream.

and i think i might be able to return punts as well as espy...and i'm 33 years old, 33 lbs overweight and run the 40 in about 33.3

According to the Juicebox plan for special teams, all you need to care about is catching the ball. As long as you can catch, it does not matter if you can do anything else.

I really think Shanny is a pipedream and even if he did come, it wouldnt last. Couple of guys I like for this program, the Cincinatti coach, Sumlin, Strong, and the guy Valdez mentioned who's name escapes me.​

I really think Shanny is a pipedream and even if he did come, it wouldnt last. Couple of guys I like for this program, the Cincinatti coach, Sumlin, Strong, and the guy Valdez mentioned who's name escapes me.​

I think it is Chuck Strong from Florida, I for one really like this guy, has ties with CU and from what I understand is a recruiting master mind.........I love the dream of Shanny, but no way, he will be coaching in Dallas next yr

There's two Florida guys that have been mentioned: Chuck Heater and Charlie Strong. Heater is their recruiting coordinator and DBs coach and Strong is the DC.

There u go, Heater was who he said, Strong I knew about. We get humiliated in Texas, which is almost a given, things might get interesting. Its like in a cartoon when there is a snowball at the top of a long hill and it gets bigger as it rolls down, thats what this feels like.​

Both him and Strong are in Florida. I didnt know Heater had ties to the program, maybe he would be the way to go.

Anyone have Shanny's new address???? Maybe if we start writing letters telling him why it would be cool to coach CU, the pipe dream might turn to something else....who knows???

Back