What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm really annoyed that Bohn has limited the search so much

I believe the only two coaches we have heard from saying they were staying put were Anderson and Mangino. Strong suspician around Strong being out but have not heard him say it via an announcement. Do not think we have true official word on others unless I missed something on others while I was eating dinner.

know it alls don't know duffster, they just have to run once and he will be gone, plus there is a couple. I also think that it was fair cause both stanford and ucla got a couple borderline td's. Well stanfords was called at the 1, but the popped in the next play.

Saved for drunken memories.

Originally Posted by Unleash Hell
know it alls don't know duffster, they just have to run once and he will be gone, plus there is a couple. I also think that it was fair cause both stanford and ucla got a couple borderline td's. Well stanfords was called at the 1, but the popped in the next play.

+1

I really like some of the coordinators that are out there as candidates.... Diaco, Smart and yes Duff, Wilcox. But if Bohn is at least starting the search by looking for somebody that has been a HC I really can't blame him after what we watched the last two years. I doubt that the prospect of more OJT for a first time head coach is appealing to him.

If none of the top candidates that are currently head coaches, or even have been, pan out, then I hope he moves on to these top coordinators. Don't settle for less just to get "experience". But if you can get the right coach with experience, I understand the reasoning....

I really like some of the coordinators that are out there as candidates.... Diaco, Smart and yes Duff, Wilcox. But if Bohn is at least starting the search by looking for somebody that has been a HC I really can't blame him after what we watched the last two years. I doubt that the prospect of more OJT for a first time head coach is appealing to him.

If none of the top candidates that are currently head coaches, or even have been, pan out, then I hope he moves on to these top coordinators. Don't settle for less just to get "experience". But if you can get the right coach with experience, I understand the reasoning....

agree!

When you make our your list - you start at the top with your dream candidates (Nick Saban) and you work your way down the list. The people at the top of Bohn's list were all certainly current head coaches. That doesn't mean that is who Bohn winds up hiring.

My hope is that he realizes that the list of best candidates have some DCs in there before lower level HCs. Strong, Golden, MacIntyre, Anderson, Jones, Diaco, Smart, Wilcox, Calhoun, etc......not saying I want Calhoun, just was thinking a HC that I put way under the top DCs in the country. Would prefer our new head coach to be a defensive guru. Can always hire the flavor of the year OC.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

If you can get a successful BCS head coach, I can see why you go that direction. Also, after what we've been through I don't think a safe hire is a bad way to go.

But if you can't get that, I think you need to open things up and look at some top coordinators.

If you can get a successful BCS head coach, I can see why you go that direction. Also, after what we've been through I don't think a safe hire is a bad way to go.

But if you can't get that, I think you need to open things up and look at some top coordinators.

Chuck Fairbanks. Oops

We're all focused on HC's. As one candidate comes off the board, we all get depressed and feel rejected.

I wish he had kept coordinators in his pool. There is a whole of host of qualified folks out there looking for a promotion who would be perfectly acceptable hires, and I find it silly that he's is supposedly only looking at current HC's.
I'm not sure Bohn has narrowed his search to HC's, but I could be wrong. He's said his favorite is a current BCS HC. I'd like to see Derek Mason's name floated or other DCs from big time programs like Kirby Smart or John Chavis. We will see. If Butch Jones is the right guy, I hope he sees the Flatirons and says "Why the **** would I want to live in Indiana?"

On the other hand, if we are in a position to shop from a pool of head coaches, that is a luxury that many schools don't have. How many head coaches do you think would have made a lateral move to CSU last year?

I hear you that we ought to be more inclusive and not ignore good candidates - but I can certainly see Bohn's logic in looking at seemingly the most qualified candidates.

Jones is probably more comfortable in the Midwest - closer to his recruiting grounds, etc.

Of course, he is going to get ****-stomped regularly at Purdue.

I would love for Golden to come here, but we might have a similar problem with him. Tennessee and Auburn are a lot closer to where he's started making contacts while at the U.

If Bohn fails with this hire, he's gone - I think we all know that. I'm sure he is wanting to limit his risk, so he's looking for the "safest" hire possible.

Hiring any coach - could be a huge mistake

There are no sure things

Having Bohn as an AD to make the decision again after two failed attempts is a huge mistake. Lack of confidence in his judgement.

Remember that Hawkins was not only a safe hire but a homerun hire. In other words, there is no such thing.

While I'm sure it's easier to say that do, Bohn cannot make this hire from a position of fear. He needs to identify who he thinks is the best person for the job and not who is the safest person for the job.

I'd much rather have someone one who HAS been a head coach than a coordinator that has never been so. There is a big difference and a learning curve. Colorado is not in the situation to be able to gamble on someone who has been in charge of turning or maintaining a program before.

One major mistake about Embree was he had no head coaching experience and heck didn't even have coordinator experience... was way over his head.

I agree dio, I don't see why we aren't looking at coordinators.

Last time we had to turn the program around, we turned to someone that had only been a HC at the high school level. Suddenly program turnarounds require HC experience at a smaller school? Interesting.

Imho we should look at every possibility, including coordinators. Hell, that's a step up from last time already. Wide net, just sayin.

I agree dio, I don't see why we aren't looking at coordinators.

Last time we had to turn the program around, we turned to someone that had only been a HC at the high school level. Suddenly program turnarounds require HC experience at a smaller school? Interesting.

I didn't know Mac was a h s coach then.

Back