What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm Seriously Close To Rooting For Buff Losses If It Guarantees A New Coach

So ........... anybody's mind change since I last brought this up ?

Anybody wanting to see A&M destroy CU and Bohn fire Hawk moments after the final gun?

I want to see Bohn USE the 'final gun' on Hawk.:smile2:

Now, now, I don't mean to shoot him and hurt him, just a symbolic thing.:lol:

I'm with you Chilly. I don't care about the ramifications. I want CU to win out.

Not that I think it will happen.

:yeahthat:

What is the point of going to the game and watching the players take the field if you don't want them to win? What's the point of even turning on the TV (cue TimBuff whine about he can't even watch on TV :lol:)? I will always root for this team to win. I just can't root for things to keep getting worse...

Of course, I also think the case has been made for Hawk to be gone at the end of the season, regardless of what happens this month. All that's left at this point is whether Hawk can create some kind of reasonable cover for the administration to use to keep him... :huh:

Well neither could I, I'm just trying to say that there are reasons to root for your team to lose. If we win our next 3, we would be bowl eligible so I don't think anyone would want to lose against the ****ers in that case. I also would hope in my scenario that the 3rd win came against them :smile2:

you are preaching to the choir :smile:

Please don't misunderstand me anyone, I'm not rooting for us to lose out here. I'm just saying that there are reasons to want such a thing. People that may want that aren't any less of fans for doing so imo, they're doing what they think is best for the team.

I don't think I can root for the team to lose, although I'm approaching indifference towards it. I think a case could be made for rooting for your team to lose as it could prove to be the best thing for your team in the long run. For example in the NFL, if your team is 1-11, do you really want them to win out? I'd prefer my team lose out so they could get the #1 pick and thus a better chance at becoming a better team. If Bohn were to say: If Hawk wins 4 games this year, he's staying. If he only wins 3 he's out of here. Now Chilly you want him to stay regardless, so that's not really a question for you. Others however, think it's best for the team that he leave the building, so I don't think it's so wrong to root for the best thing for your team. Even if that means wanting to lose after getting that hypothetical 3rd win.

This is where I can't get on board.

The best thing for the team would be for Hawkins to pull his head out and start winning ball games short term and long term.

If he can not do that then the best thing for the team would be for him to be replaced.

To go from the above to, losing is the best thing because it ensures he will be gone, is a leap I cannot take.

Well you're assuming if we win out this season, then we're good to go next year. I can not make that same assumption. Also, like I said I don't want to lose out or something, I'd love to see Hawk prove me wrong, I'm just saying there are reasons some might choose to go that route. I personally think he's gone regardless, barring a miracle 4 game winning streak, so it doesn't really matter.

Well you're assuming if we win out this season, then we're good to go next year. I can not make that same assumption. Also, like I said I don't want to lose out or something, I'd love to see Hawk prove me wrong, I'm just saying there are reasons some might choose to go that route. I personally think he's gone regardless, barring a miracle 4 game winning streak, so it doesn't really matter.

No, I really don't assume that. I am just saying that would be whats best for the program, and if he can't do that then it would be best to find some one who can.

I understand there are legitimate questions on if he can get the job done. But rooting against my team to prove that he can't is dark place I care not to ever know.

I'm just worried that if we win a few more games this year, Bohn will see it as partial success and keep Hawk around. Recruiting will suffer greatly. We come out next year like we did this year and have an equally awful season. Hawk is fired anyway, but we have given him an extra year to dug us even further into the ground. 5 years from now we're talking about the time we let Hawk stick around and it resulted in two awful recruiting classes that the new coach is having to rebuild.

I said it some thread two weeks ago; We have MU, ISU, and A&M left. If we lose all three of those then Hawkins could get fired before the last game.

I think with Scott taking his ball and going home the pucker factor for DH just moved up. If a few more kids line up at Hawkins door asking a release then Bohns hands will truly be tied. Or we will all know that the academia types are actually in charge.

That this would even cross some of your minds as a viable option disgusts me.

ITB, I absolutely, 100% understand the sentiment. But I just can't bring myself to root for Buff losses. Can't do it. I hate the other B12 teams too much for that. :lol:

what's your opinion about wearing 'powder blue' ?
I plan on being up in my seats Saturday WEARING POWDER BLUE
and cheering when the players do great things and booimg/yelling
at bad coaching-

The Powder Blue out is a creative form of fan expression. Showing up in blue is a much better option than not showing up at all.

1) it shows the CUAD and the television viewers that the fans are not happy with 2-6 and 4 consecutive loosing seasons.
2) It doesn't screw the volleyball, BB, Soccer, Tennis, Golf, Skiing, XC and Track Teams that are funded by the FB program.
3) While wearing blue might be considered disrespectful, it is a long way from booing the Buffs. I'm not big on booing even the coaches as a personal deal, but I'm not going to critisize those who do. It comes with the territory.
4) It doesn't matter the color. Butts in seats help fill the very CUAD coffers that help fund a buy out and/or justify a competitve offer to the next coaching administration.
5) Despite what I've read this week, I do not believe DiStephano nor Bohn have reached the conclusion that Hawkins is the long term solution. The FB program is a pain in their sides right now. They don't want to put up with this ****storm. Hawkins will be evaluated based on his body of work. The outcome of A&M and the remaining games doesn't erase the facts.
6) I just don't see how CU might return to the top of the B12 or back into the top 25 when our coaching staff is among the lowest paid in the conference. Starving the CUAD won't change that.

Who knows, I still may be wearing Powder Blue For the @OSU and Nubs games, too. But I seriously doubt I'll have cause to do that in 2010.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back