What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm so pissed at Lindgren right now

If you are moving the ball and end up in 4th and inches (as was the case on the first series in 2OT), go for it. If you are stonewalled for three straight plays...YOU F'ING KICK!

What if our Kicker misses his 4rth of the night. Then what an idiot for putting it back on his leg. Our kicker was Ice cold, and I kept thinking he was going to miss an xp to lose the game for us.

I wouldn't have been upset if they tried the fg in 2ot. Could have boosted the kickers confidence going forward, and the message to the D would be certain - keep 'em out of the end zone.

Is it possible that MM thot the defense was gassed at that point, so going for the td was the best option?

Line Nembot up at TB and do the old (fridge) play next time we are in a short yardage situation

CSU stuffed the Buffs at first and goal. Cal did it again, today. In both series, the RB ran into a crowded box on consecutive plays. Our line didn't move the pile. Our RBs didn't find the gap. Our point of attack was shut down by the opponents D.

It's time to design some better goal line schemes and practice some finesse plays, because there is insufficient power to move the pile for what should be easy points running up the gut.
as a RB you see that and bounce it outside and try to race them to the corner, thus why Lindsey is in there (fast). He just keeps trying to run in there, ???

I don't mind going for it or trying to run four times.....don't we have to just start whipping somebody at the line of scrimmage at some point to get this thing turned around?

On the final play, that was a busted play according to the article I read. He was supposed to pitch it, I think. Is that correct?

On the final play, that was a busted play according to the article I read. He was supposed to pitch it, I think. Is that correct?

Supposed to be an old Darian Hagan looking play. Fake the hand off up the gut, sefo boot leg to the right, TOJO was supposed to follow behind him and if Sefo needed, pitch it to the RB. Problem was TOJO went left and Sefo went right.

Those future QB's are loving the stats I bet. Now we can understand why the SJSU pass % rate was so high. 67 throws and could/should have thrown more in those red zone areas.

Those future QB's are loving the stats I bet. Now we can understand why the SJSU pass % rate was so high. 67 throws and could/should have thrown more in those red zone areas.

The crazy thing to me is there were maybe 3 more passing TD's out there that the WR mistimed their route or sefo was just a bit off.

narutupe.jpg

[tweet]516995381797068800[/tweet]

Time to change it up. Give the ball to Sefo. Spread them out.

take it for what it is (internet poster), but rumor is someone held up the wrong sign

So the "miscommunication" messaging we got wasn't just having TJ's back to avoid throwing him under the bus on what was otherwise an excellent game by him. Actually was a miscommunication.

TOJO plenty embarrassed: he went the wrong way. He goes the right way and he walks in untouched and Lindgren is a genius here.

BUT....never should have come to that: Oliver 0-3 and even on the 3rd down plays preceding two of those tries, Powell and Adkins each dropped screen passes that hit them right in the hands, with nothing but space ahead of them. Adkins would likely have scored; Powell would have had at least a 1st down.

It was a painful error regardless of origin, but I am sure they are all taking stock of what they each could have done to put that game away. A tackle, a kick, a catch, a block.... As good as they played, and there were a bunch of great efforts, they left a ton of plays on the field.

Gonna be an angry bunch of Buffaloes come out Saturday!

If Buffs channel that emotion and keep assignments under control on Saturday, we are gonna get after OSU. I am specifically looking for Tuopu to have a huge game. Just a hunch. I expect the defense overall to respond Sat as a unit.

Last edited:
It was a painful error regardless of origin, but I am sure they are all taking stock of what they each player could have done to put that game away. A tackle, a kick, a catch, a block.... As good as they played, and there were a bunch of great efforts, they left a ton of plays on the field.

If Buffs channel that emotion and keep assignments under control on Saturday, we are gonna get after OSU. I am specifically looking for Tuopu to have a huge game. Just a hunch. I expect the defense overall to respond Sat as a unit.

That's the crazy thing. It wasn't like we were "close" because we caught a bunch of breaks. It wasn't even like we were "close" because anyone was making big plays outside of the play design. In most ways, the team was just playing hard and executing but had some brainfarts and missed opportunities that cost them a win they should have had.

That's the crazy thing. It wasn't like we were "close" because we caught a bunch of breaks. It wasn't even like we were "close" because anyone was making big plays outside of the play design. In most ways, the team was just playing hard and executing but had some brainfarts and missed opportunities that cost them a win they should have had.

No doubt. Hell, 10 different plays could have put us over the top in that game. Frick. Mistakes were obvious and painful.

But, when is the last time we expected to go head to head with a pretty good team like OSU? I am jacked up about this upcoming game, and the future of Buff football. :nod:

Felt like we were not dominated yet in the PAC12 and could have won both games. But we are 0-2 due to sloppy play and lack of depth. I hope this team took no moral victory for losing a game they should have won. I hope it's the opposite.

And I'm not pissed at our OC and I doubt 'Nik is either. In hindsight, he played the percentages trying to run it up the gut knowing it was 4 down territory and he had the ace up his sleeve, setting them up for the counter-toss sweep or whatever they call it, if he really needed.

The next step is these guys need to expect to win and they will act like they've seen it before.

Felt like we were not dominated yet in the PAC12 and could have won both games. But we are 0-2 due to sloppy play and lack of depth. I hope this team took no moral victory for losing a game they should have won. I hope it's the opposite.

And I'm not pissed at our OC and I doubt 'Nik is either. In hindsight, he played the percentages trying to run it up the gut knowing it was 4 down territory and he had the ace up his sleeve, setting them up for the counter-toss sweep or whatever they call it, if he really needed.

The next step is these guys need to expect to win and they will act like they've seen it before.

This is the problem with threads posted in the immediate aftermath of a loss getting bumped for 2 1/2 days that follow. Of course I'm not still pissed at Lindgren. In the moment... I was. Still frustrated, but not pissed. Glad I titled it "right now". :smile2:

Pretty sure we were all in the same place.... Luckily I was not driving.... :lol:

It was a painful error regardless of origin, but I am sure they are all taking stock of what they each could have done to put that game away. A tackle, a kick, a catch, a block.... As good as they played, and there were a bunch of great efforts, they left a ton of plays on the field.

Time for this team to put a more consistent 60 minutes together-The defense needs to and will respond to giving up 60 points, but just as big a variable is whether or not the offense can keep up their momentum. If we see the same offense that couldn't move the ball on Hawaii in the 2nd half, we're gonna get whipped.

Run that play already, fake the quick dive and pitch it, get the edge. It'll work. It's a reverse pivot type play meaning the dive is opposite of the pitch.

Back