What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm throwing my support to Embree

Unfortunately the 2013 recruiting class is shaping up to be the worst in the Pac 12. If having the worst class in the conference is your definition of "rebuilding" and "digging out of a hole" we have very different definitions.

I just see it different than you. I agree that we are in a deep hole but we are building a foundation to get out of the hole... Players like Nembot, Powell, Crawley Wright, Hobbs, Kafovalu, Tupou, Irwin, Mosley, are all young players contributing to this team. The will be better next year. And changing course everytime to hit a tough spot won't improve things either. You have your opinion and I have mine - they just are not the same.

While i agree about constantly changing course being detrimental to progress - I just dont see anything in this staff to make me think they'll ever find the right course. In Jon's own words he "doesn't know." He doesnt know why practice intensity inst translating. EB - Doesnt know how to call a game. Brown - doesnt realize his talent cant run these schemes. Our recruits with BCS options don't know if they want to be here...

All-in-All we knew this staff would have growing pains, we knew they'd have a hard time on game days. We expected them to recruit well, we expected the team to play with fire every day, we expected the team to be more disciplined. They've delivered on their expected short-comings, and none of their strengths.

This team is undiciplined, has quit several times, is often lost, and our recruiting after being decidedly average, has turned terrible. Show me some light and I'll listen, but right now i can't see it.

While i agree about constantly changing course being detrimental to progress - I just dont see anything in this staff to make me think they'll ever find the right course. In Jon's own words he "doesn't know." He doesnt know why practice intensity inst translating. EB - Doesnt know how to call a game. Brown - doesnt realize his talent cant run these schemes. Our recruits with BCS options don't know if they want to be here...

All-in-All we knew this staff would have growing pains, we knew they'd have a hard time on game days. We expected them to recruit well, we expected the team to play with fire every day, we expected the team to be more disciplined. They've delivered on their expected short-comings, and none of their strengths.

This team is undiciplined, has quit several times, is often lost, and our recruiting after being decidedly average, has turned terrible. Show me some light and I'll listen, but right now i can't see it.

Abs. All good points. In its second year, this staff is losing to good teams at a clip of 50 points a game, and losing to AA teams at home.

However, we're stuck with this staff--I've been told--therefore it's pointless to complain.

Are you ****ing kidding me DBT? Your approach to football staffs is the same as it is to politics. "Well, I don't like it, but what can I do?"

Unbelievable. What was it that Bobby Knight said about rape?

What if we all signed a petition that we wouldn't donate to the AD until they demonstrated change OR the team showed progress (if they stayed the course). That means season ticket holders couldn't renew ('cause of the donation). It doesn't mean that we couldn't support in other ways, and couldn't attend. Just no donations until we see a visible commitment, or some "Ws".

I get supporting our AD leadership and coaches in their rebuilding efforts. And I'm aware that rebuilding is a process. But this has gone on for 7 years, and it appears to be getting worse.

Repeat after me: I don't have to sit here and accept this.

Save your petition. Don't go to the games. If you do go to the games, and the Buffs get down big, leave.

A half-filled stadium is going to make a MUCH bigger impression than a petition.

It kills me to hurt our program, but hitting them in the wallet with an empty Folsom is apparently the only way to get these incompetent ****s to understand that being the laughingstock of the country is not tolerable. I certainly won't be donating anymore money to the Buff Club for football unless CU starts to show me it's dedicated to being a top 25 program.

Sadly I agree with CVille. No way am I throwinfifty bucks a seat times four to watch this. It is like they aren't even trying. The sooner BB, Dr. Phil and their yes man leave, the better.

Sorry, but at this point everybody still supporting this coaching staff has to be considered an enemy of the CU Football program and Athletics Department.

This is down to coaching and coaching only.

Sorry, but at this point everybody still supporting this coaching staff has to be considered an enemy of the CU Football program and Athletics Department.

This is down to coaching and coaching only.

philly would disagree.

Still 25,000+ sold season tickets. People who spent good money to buy their tickets will still show up for the games.
Season ticket sales weren't 25K this year IIRC, they went down about 5,000. People may have spent money on them back in the Spring but that doesn't mean they're going to show up to watch us get ass ****ed by 50 again

Don't like Embree Body language on the sidelines, there should be more teaching, motivating players, instead of the WTF gestures.

I wonder if the AD has thought of selling discounted tickets that are only good for the 1st quarter - might be a good promotion?

Season ticket sales weren't 25K this year IIRC, they went down about 5,000. People may have spent money on them back in the Spring but that doesn't mean they're going to show up to watch us get ass ****ed by 50 again

I hope you're exactly right. In fact, I hope there's under 30,000 who show up for the game. I just doubt it will happen.

Thread title is close to accurate:

I'm throwing up thinking about supporting Embree.

Last edited:
Hey dbt here's some food for thought:

2012:
CU points against BCS: 72
CU points for BCS: 233

2011-2012:
CU points against BCS: 284
CU points for BCS: 660

Last edited:
I'd love to see Gary Anderson from Utah State get a shot at HC at Colorado.
I'd love to see anybody who has CFB HC experience get a shot...these guys are an embarassment on all levels, except the girth meter, we're good there.

Hey dbt here's some food for thought:

CU points against BCS: 72
CU points for BCS: 233

At least DBT is completely predictable. Would love to see his stock picks. I would sell them short, and become a ****ing billionaire.

CU D gives up > a quarter mile...

in the FIRST HALF v. Oregon and 56 points to boot. How, in the name of Buddy Ryan, does Brown have a job come Monday. 447 yards given up in one half of football? How is that even possible?

in the FIRST HALF v. Oregon and 56 points to boot. How, in the name of Buddy Ryan, does Brown have a job come Monday. 447 yards given up in one half of football? How is that even possible?

It's almost impossible to be this bad yet brown does it every week. He is awful and would not have a job anywhere else. Just like hawk, embree plays the loyal card and cu will continue to suffer. Bohn is benson's puppet and can't force embree's hand.

Back