What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I'm throwing my support to Embree

It's almost impossible to be this bad yet brown does it every week. He is awful and would not have a job anywhere else. Just like hawk, embree plays the loyal card and cu will continue to suffer. Bohn is benson's puppet and can't force embree's hand.

If I was Bohn, and I really wanted to get a new HC in there, I would just announce that Embree is fired at the end of the season. Benson couldn't say anything at that point, and Bohn would be praised publicly for making the right decision.

If I was Bohn, and I really wanted to get a new HC in there, I would just announce that Embree is fired at the end of the season. Benson couldn't say anything at that point, and Bohn would be praised publicly for making the right decision.
MB would have to break in to Dr. Phil's office, and retrieve his nuts from the Mason Jar on Dr. Phil's desk before he could do that.

If you're going to fire a coach, it needs to be effective immediately. Didn't 't we learn anything from the Ricardo Patton episode?

If you're going to fire a coach, it needs to be effective immediately. Didn't 't we learn anything from the Ricardo Patton episode?
What we learned is that MB, on orders from on high, will never spend an extra nickel to improve a team by cutting a coach loose when it needs to be done. He will wait until there is a full scale disaster and he gets approval.

What we learned is that MB, on orders from on high, will never spend an extra nickel to improve a team by cutting a coach loose when it needs to be done. He will wait until there is a full scale disaster and he gets approval.

MB? One of those guys who gets laid off during a reorg. Empty suit.

Well, hell. Today's game sure puts me in a bind, doesn't it? :lol:

You just got lucky that the weather conditions slowed down that Oregon offense. Otherwise it might have been embarrassing.

Now why on earth would you think that? We played Oregon dead even in the 2nd half. And forget the fact that Oregon stopped playing after halftime.
You know, CB, you are right. Yeah. Thanks for the perspective. I'd almost given up. :thumbsup:

I made a tactical error in throwing my support to Jon BEFORE the Oregon game. :doh:

I made a tactical error in throwing my support to Jon BEFORE the Oregon game. :doh:

Like the outcome was in doubt before the game? The non-stop bloviating about Embree worries me. He sure looks in over his head, but do you think they'll fire him this season? Me, neither. So the crying and hating makes me worry that we'll lose all of the incoming class in addition to the following years class when they do fire him. Transfers, etc. How do you stop the bleeding?

Like the outcome was in doubt before the game? The non-stop bloviating about Embree worries me. He sure looks in over his head, but do you think they'll fire him this season? Me, neither. So the crying and hating makes me worry that we'll lose all of the incoming class in addition to the following years class when they do fire him. Transfers, etc. How do you stop the bleeding?

I think you could make the argument that we could lose more recruits by keeping Embree another year than by firing him.

It kills me to hurt our program, but hitting them in the wallet with an empty Folsom is apparently the only way to get these incompetent ****s to understand that being the laughingstock of the country is not tolerable. I certainly won't be donating anymore money to the Buff Club for football unless CU starts to show me it's dedicated to being a top 25 program.

this. I have had season tickets and donated money every year since 1989. I am finally at the point where I am done. I will keep the season tickets to basketball, but I have many other ways to spend my dollars and Saturday afternoons in the fall. And besides, if I want to go to a game, I can get tix for between $10 and $20 bucks and save almost $4000 in the process. They do not have a vision nor a strategy for getting better and I am out until they commit to getting this thing back on track.

I stopped donating after CSU game. I am no Tom Marsico but I hope there are handful of folks like me who have made the same decision. Vote with your dollars!!!

Last edited:
In truth, I'm not that worried about losing to Oregon 70-14. Truth of the matter is that they could do that to half the teams in the country. Even if we had Vince Lombardi back or a young Mac Oregon would have named the score against us.

What bothers me is the combination of losing the first three games against teams we have no excuse to lose to after losing to Hawaii last year in a game we should have won. Along with this is the inability to improve. Youth and lack of talent is a valid excuse except that our positions that have the most experience and arguably the highest considered talent are playing the worst, the OL and LB. LB I will give a little slack since Major just can't run anymore after blowing up both knees and Webb is coming off a crippling injury as well and doesn't have his explosion. The OL on the other hand is supposed to have a probable NFL draft choice in Bak, a pre-season honors mention in Munyer, and other experienced and reasonably rated players, all of whom have failed completely to perform against teams good and bad.

I also have a serious issue with a failure to adjust. Defensively we have continued to put raw freshmen in positions where failure is almost guaranteed. That is not as bad as on offense where we have been inconherent, trying to pass when the run is working, trying to run running plays that aren't suited for our talent, and most importantly stubbornly refusing to give a shot to the QB who has the talent to potentially open things up in Wood, instead sticking with the "coachable game managers" in Webb and a little bit of Hirsch who may try hard but just don't have the talent to make a difference for us.

Our recruiting Has been inconsistent at best. We have recruited very well at CB, We have made huge upgrades on the DL with our first real DTs in years and some serious DE talent (including Kisima in this appraisal.) On offense we have brought in a couple of good looking TE's and some decent WRs though we haven't found a game changer yet. Dillon looks like a legit QB prospect and Sefu has me excited. On the other hand I can't see how EB hasn't been able to bring in anything like a gamechanging RB instead of a bunch of leftovers. We also have virtually wiffed on the OL going almost O-fer in Colorado and coming up short out of state.

Bottom line I'd like to see it work but don't think it is going to. With as poorly as we have done it is going to be hard to even maintain the recruiting momentum we have. Make a change now and the new staff gets a chance to take over a team that is much more talented (and mostly young talent) than the one Embree inherited.

You just got lucky that the weather conditions slowed down that Oregon offense. Otherwise it might have been embarrassing.

Exactly. Imagine if we hadn't been playing on a slow field.

That game is 100 + to nothing if Chip doesn't call of the dogs. I hope he doesn't 'nice' himself out of a national championship given how much I think the bcs would love to put two boring sec teams on the field for their silly-ass 'championship'.

That game is 100 + to nothing if Chip doesn't call of the dogs. I hope he doesn't 'nice' himself out of a national championship given how much I think the bcs would love to put two boring sec teams on the field for their silly-ass 'championship'.

It's 100% legitimate that both Oregon AND Fresno could have put 100 on us with ease. Even 120. Let's not forget Fresno had 55 in the middle of the 2nd quarter. USC certainly could have done 80

should neg rep you. How is mother ****ing 70-14 not embarrassing?

In truth, I'm not that worried about losing to Oregon 70-14....

Please re-think that.

CU was down 56-0 in the first half. It was like Oregon was playing a mediocre FCS team today for all the fight we gave them.

This is not like half the teams in the country. On any given day, Oregon could blow most teams out. But today was a true representation of how overmatched in every phase our football team is.

CU should never take a beatdown like that. The last time we did, it was to another program of this caliber in the Big 12 Championship game... and it cost our coach his job. Now we just accept this ****?

**** that.

To be fair, I haven't bloviated a whit. I'm concerned. Just don't want to joint the torch and pitchfork group. It is not looking good. And to add flames to the fire, Arizona whupped USC.

Please re-think that.

CU was down 56-0 in the first half. It was like Oregon was playing a mediocre FCS team today for all the fight we gave them.

This is not like half the teams in the country. On any given day, Oregon could blow most teams out. But today was a true representation of how overmatched in every phase our football team is.

CU should never take a beatdown like that. The last time we did, it was to another program of this caliber in the Big 12 Championship game... and it cost our coach his job. Now we just accept this ****?

**** that.

My point is that with were we were when they finally fired Hawkins it is unreasonable to expect that we wouldn't be getting blown out by schools like Oregon. What bothers me is that we are getting beaten and even blown out by schools we should never lose to and by the way we are losing to the schools we should.

Back