What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

In A Perfect World, How Many Conference Games?

How Many Conference Games Would You Prefer CU To Have Every Year?

• Eight

Votes: 43 70.5%
  • Nine

Votes: 18 29.5%

• Total voters

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
I've seen this discussed elsewhere, and I'm generally curious. I, personally, prefer the 9 game schedule but can understand why some may be against it. Just curious to see where the board falls on this one.

I don't care the number I just want all BCS or NCS conferences to be the same.

I don't care. I just want at least one good top-bcs-level ooc game a year.

8 conference games. 4 at home and 4 on the road. No one is saying you cant schedule one of the conference misses as an ooc game.

8 conference games. 4 at home and 4 on the road. No one is saying you cant schedule one of the conference misses as an ooc game.

It also works because it gives you games against 3 of the 6 teams from the other division every year, and you can switch out the whole out of division schedule at one time. Makes scheduling easier than trying to keep a balanced rotation with 4 of the 6 teams out of division on the schedule at all times...

8 because it will give Bohn the opportunity to schedule four road non conference payday games. Imagine @Michigan @Florida State @Oklahoma and @ Tennessee. Bohn would love that.

Reactions: SBG
9, because teams should play as many of their conferences members as they can. Ideally everyone would play everyone else like the days of the old Big 8, but unfortunately that's not realistic with a larger conference.

8. flexibility is a good thing.
flexibility_rich.jpg

9, because teams should play as many of their conferences members as they can. Ideally everyone would play everyone else like the days of the old Big 8, but unfortunately that's not realistic with a larger conference.

How about 8 required and then Bohn can schedule one off away games for the other 3...? If we were in an 8 team conference I can assure you we would play every team every year.

Unless you play every team in your conference it real doesn't matter, so I would write in 11 with one warm up game before hand

Keep it at nine. You know they're going to increase the season length before too long. Also, keep it at nine for long enough for the divisions to become entrenched. Don't want to go to 8 games but have the Cali schools decide we need to realign the divisions so they're all in the same one.

8 just so the Pac12 would always have a team in the playoff series. Ideally, 9 or 10 or even 11. I'm tired of watching crappy OOC games, even against creampuffs. The college football season is a good length right now at 12 games.

But 8 until the SEC realizes that 14 teams and 8 conference games is a joke college football will suffer.

My vote is 8. 5 from your own division + 3 from the other. However, since other schools all want to visit the fertile Cali recruiting grounds, we won't see that happen.

Keep it at nine. You know they're going to increase the season length before too long. Also, keep it at nine for long enough for the divisions to become entrenched. Don't want to go to 8 games but have the Cali schools decide we need to realign the divisions so they're all in the same one.

Pretty much, if people want 8, the divisions would be redrawn.With a map, and a working compass.

8 because of scheduling balance.

Although 9 works very well with 12- or 16-team conferences.

Surprised bohn isn't pushing for 11 so he won't have to do any scheduling work.

Surprised bohn isn't pushing for 11 so he won't have to do any scheduling work.

He pretty much was. 9 conference games, the BiG series and then the CSU game. He thought he was only going to find 1 opponent a year. When we had 4 Pac-12 home games, he'd have us go to a name opponent for a big payday. When we had 5 Pac-12 home games, he'd have a 1AA program come to Folsom. Piece of cake.

That would work with a Pac-16 if it ever comes to that. 7 versus your division and four against the other.

No. That would work perfectly with a Pac 12. Play every team in the league every year plus three OOC games. That is perfect.

Back