What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

In game ap.

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
Get it. It's very cool. Looks like they'll have playbacks, live audio streams, and in game stats. I hope they have some good WiFi in the stadium to support it, though. I'm planning on giving it a good workout today. If the WiFi sucks, it will be a disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RG has supposedly been working with AT&T, i think, to improve the in stadium Wi-Fi. GUess we will find out soon enough.

Its ****in GAMEDAY!

RG is like our own Larry Scott, coming up with innovative ways to market CU athletics. :thumbsup:

I still have concerns about WiFi coverage, capacity and speed. That's the kind of thing CU would historically forget about. Come out with a great app, don't support it with adequate infrastructure.

Hate to say "I told you so" but...

did anybody else try the app? I couldn't get connected, there was no audio feed, etc.

great, great idea, horribly failed execution.

Hate to say "I told you so" but...

did anybody else try the app? I couldn't get connected, there was no audio feed, etc.

great, great idea, horribly failed execution.

+1. I know NFL stadiums are having issues with cell phone overload and a lack of wifi as well. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think the issue is specific to CU but I would hope that our Pac12 ties, and all the emphasis on technology, would help us fix this sooner rather than later. The app is great but not very useful if you can't get any connectivity.

+1. I know NFL stadiums are having issues with cell phone overload and a lack of wifi as well. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think the issue is specific to CU but I would hope that our Pac12 ties, and all the emphasis on technology, would help us fix this sooner rather than later. The app is great but not very useful if you can't get any connectivity.

I didn't start really trying to use the app until the second half, when the crowd had significantly thinned out, but I was able to get real-time stats, which I thought was useful. I could not find any wifi that could be accessed, at least in Sec 216, but my normal ATT LTE actually gave me access, which was a new experience for me. My section is directly above the student section, and I saw more than a few of them holding their cell phones above their heads in order to try to get a better signal to send text messages (I could actually see what app was open from where I was sitting). If they want more student participation, and prolonged student participation (i.e. into the second half for a night game), they really need to figure out a way that the kids can use their smartphones during the game.

Spiff can back me up on this regarding the wifi, because this is just basic science. Once they get the matter/anti matter converter and flux capacitor in place, the wifi will ROCK! :thumbsup:

Back