What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Incoming Freshmen and Transfers

When are Cotner and Crawley gonna put on some weight?

Very encouraged about the size we've recruited on the O-line. Lots of big boys.

When are Cotner and Crawley gonna put on some weight?

Very encouraged about the size we've recruited on the O-line. Lots of big boys.

They had big boys last year. Problem was, those big boys just weren't strong enough to make that size count. We'll see if S&C coach Forman has earned his paycheck in a few weeks.

Speaking of big boys, I was surprised how much Hennington had slimmed down. I guess HCMM really wants some lighter pass rushers. Both he and Derek McCartney are penciled in as starters at the DE spots. De'Jon Wilson is the heaviest DE on the 2 deep at 245.

Speaking of big boys, I was surprised how much Hennington had slimmed down. I guess HCMM really wants some lighter pass rushers. Both he and Derek McCartney are penciled in as starters at the DE spots. De'Jon Wilson is the heaviest DE on the 2 deep at 245.

Henington was not encouraged to show up for spring ball in the 240s. HCMM is rolling with it and trying to bulk up Juda to fit the role that was planned for Henington on the interior. I actually think this is working out better by flopping those two, but we won't know until we see a real game.

Henington was not encouraged to show up for spring ball in the 240s. HCMM is rolling with it and trying to bulk up Juda to fit the role that was planned for Henington on the interior. I actually think this is working out better by flopping those two, but we won't know until we see a real game.

That's kind of odd, so Henington just took it upon himself to drop weight? Did HCMM tell him he had a role in mind for him and then Henington didn't do what he was supposed to?

That's kind of odd, so Henington just took it upon himself to drop weight? Did HCMM tell him he had a role in mind for him and then Henington didn't do what he was supposed to?
If he was "not encouraged" to show up at 240, that would imply he was "encouraged" to show up at a different weight (or to show up at whatever weight the work out program given him produced). Either way, I think it's safe to say the staff wasn't "unhappy."

I don't get into the jersey number thing, but I know some guys do.

Just did a quick image search. Jay was #7 in football and #33 in basketball in high school. Maybe you should just be glad he was smart enough to not continue on as #7 when he got to CU. :lol:

Cody wore #14 his freshman year. Just sayin'.

If he was "not encouraged" to show up at 240, that would imply he was "encouraged" to show up at a different weight (or to show up at whatever weight the work out program given him produced). Either way, I think it's safe to say the staff wasn't "unhappy."

Tyler didn't want to be a fat guy. His weight loss was his idea.

-we have a lot of short receivers. Size looks good just about everywhere else (save dt)

-Jordan Murphy is still a w/o. Wasn't he the transfer from csu we were all trippin' about if he got a scholarship this year?

-roster is starting to look like a p5 one, height weight wise. We may start looking like a football team getting off the bus

I got to talk to someone last night who is pretty close to the S&C situation and he was raving about Forman and his staff. There is so much detail and find points, designed not just for a position group, but each individual within each group. I'm not sure how solid a source this guy is definitely a first-hand witness to both Forman and the last guys' (Blacken) program. He said he was impressed with Blacken, but that Forman just constantly blows him away and we will "see the difference". I hope so.

I got to talk to someone last night who is pretty close to the S&C situation and he was raving about Forman and his staff. There is so much detail and find points, designed not just for a position group, but each individual within each group. I'm not sure how solid a source this guy is definitely a first-hand witness to both Forman and the last guys' (Blacken) program. He said he was impressed with Blacken, but that Forman just constantly blows him away and we will "see the difference". I hope so.

Seems to me attention to detail and the personal attention that entails, is the key to development of young men. I always felt that Blacken was the guy that set things up in a good way, but wasn't big on follow-up, figuring the kids "knew what they needed to do and how they needed to do it", rather work to ensure they actually carried out his plans in a manner that benefited each kid individually.

Example is Handler's balking at Forman's overall methods, because he claimed that program wasn't going to get him ready for the NFL (e.g. training to the Combine's testing and standard NFL stat-driven reviews) Shannon Turley, Forman's mentor at Stanford, annually wrote letters to NFL coaches on behalf of Furd players who don't meet the typical " How much can you bench, how many times?" NFL scouts' standard.

s "And there was Shannon Turley, the architect of a training regimen among the most distinct in college sports. He is Stanford’s director of football sports performance, and for years, he felt it necessary to write letters to N.F.L. scouts to explain the Cardinal’s nontraditional approach. He stopped that practice this year in the wake of Stanford’s success". http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/31/s...n-redefines-strength.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Read the article.

I find it hilarious that the combine events still get as much stock put into them as they do with all the analytical available. I read a study a couple weeks ago and only one, maybe two of the events is significant in predicting production at the next level.

I find it hilarious that the combine events still get as much stock put into them as they do with all the analytical available. I read a study a couple weeks ago and only one, maybe two of the events is significant in predicting production at the next level.

I see it like college. You don't use most of the stuff you learn, you just prove you have a capacity to learn. The combine is the same way, they prove they have the capacity to train and work hard.

After looking through the roster, and doing the math, I assume there is some attrition that has yet to be announced. Looking at the link:

http://www.cubuffs.com/pdf9/2745086.pdf

There are 84 scholarship players listed in the active roster, and 2 scholarship players (not including Canty who already left) on the inactive roster. Sticking with the assumption that Callahan joins in August, and with the addition of Talianko, that makes a total of 88 on scholarship (am I missing anyone?). So there are a minimum of 3 players who are leaving.

After looking through the roster, and doing the math, I assume there is some attrition that has yet to be announced. Looking at the link:

http://www.cubuffs.com/pdf9/2745086.pdf

There are 84 scholarship players listed in the active roster, and 2 scholarship players (not including Canty who already left) on the inactive roster. Sticking with the assumption that Callahan joins in August, and with the addition of Talianko, that makes a total of 88 on scholarship (am I missing anyone?). So there are a minimum of 3 players who are leaving.

Is Miller listed on that roster?

Didn't count. But were you counting watanabe and Miller? If yes, there is 86. We aren't certain on Samson. It always works out

From phone

Didn't count. But were you counting watanabe and Miller? If yes, there is 86. We aren't certain on Samson. It always works out

From phone

I went through the roster, and since Miler and Watanbe are listed I did include them.

That means the total players on scholarships are 86, and 1 would need to pursue something else to get us to 85. I guess there are a few names that pop up as potentially leaving the team.

I went through the roster, and since Miler and Watanbe are listed I did include them.

That means the total players on scholarships are 86, and 1 would need to pursue something else to get us to 85. I guess there are a few names that pop up as potentially leaving the team.

Miller and Watanbe are both expected to greyshirt, so shouldn't be counted.

Awini too. It's all guess work on our part, always fluid

BTW- just counted and came up with 83, including Moten. And my memory is for crap - but wasn't it this spring he tore his other achillies? Medical hardship?

From phone

Last edited:
Well they are excited...... Here comes the class of 2018 on campus. May they be key in our return to the top!

BrzWhRfCIAAGyaE.jpg

Back