What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Interesting article about CU leadership in the Post today

dio

Admin
Club Member
Junta Member
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...eighs-present-and-future-regarding-leadership

Now five years into his tenure, Benson is the longest-serving CU president in close to 60 years. When he started the job, he says, Dan Ritchie, the former chancellor at the University of Denver, told him he needed to remain on the job for at least 10 years to ensure that all the programs and reforms he initiated would stick.

Benson, 75, said another five years sounds about right.

That applies, he said, not only to Benson but to many key members of the CU system's leadership. Each of the chancellors on the university's four campuses are also approaching retirement age.

The chancellor at CU-Boulder, Phil DiStefano, has been with the university for more than 40 years. His timetable, he said, isn't a personal clock, but rather it will be determined by where his campus goes in the next few years.
"I have priorities that I want to have occur before I leave. Fundraising and development is one, and I want to make sure athletics is running well," he said. "At a major university like ours, whoever comes in as chancellor, that person will look at that. As all these things come together, it will be easier for me to say, 'OK, maybe now it's time for someone else to come in.' "

If he puts a priority on Athletics over the next few years, then I am behind him 100%. As others have stated, he has made the medical school his baby and it is now one of the best in the country. I'd like to see what he can do with the AD, especially now that he has his guy in there and some good coaches.

Lots of good rhetoric being heard lately.

CU sounds like it was a complete mess in all aspects and when Benson prioritized the things that needed to be done, athletics simply got left out in the cold for several years.

If he puts a priority on Athletics over the next few years, then I am behind him 100%. As others have stated, he has made the medical school his baby and it is now one of the best in the country. I'd like to see what he can do with the AD, especially now that he has his guy in there and some good coaches.
I'm not sure who you are talking about here, but DicSteffano has nothing to do with the Medical School. He is limited to the Boulder Campus, and unfortunately Football falls under that umbrella.

I'm not sure who you are talking about here, but DicSteffano has nothing to do with the Medical School. He is limited to the Boulder Campus, and unfortunately Football falls under that umbrella.

Pretty sure he was talking about Benson. DiStefano is going to move with the political winds, so if Benson is emphasizing the importance of winning championships in sports then Phil will be emphasizing that too.

if Benson is emphasizing the importance of winning championships in sports then Phil will be emphasizing that too.

I'll believe it when I see upward movement and actual results. Their line of BS has worn thin with me. If they were truly behind the sports at CU, then they should have been saying it & doing it years ago.

SIAP, kiszla is continuing to fling **** at the Buffs, but at the end of today's article he wrote something new that could be a sign he'll eat crow down the road:

"Can Colorado win big in this brave, new world of college football? Yes. But the Buffs — and everyone who loves them — had better be prepared to spend big."

I think he has seen a glimmer of potential in their future and is setting up the chance to say he was right until an anomaly occurred or some BS like that.

Pretty sure he was talking about Benson. DiStefano is going to move with the political winds, so if Benson is emphasizing the importance of winning championships in sports then Phil will be emphasizing that too.

Good eye fatty. I was thinking the quote was from Benson after reading the article.

Back