What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Interview with Diego Gonzalez

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
Diego recently gave an interview with what looks like a American football website for Mexicans. The interview is in Spanish, but I was able to translate it with Google Translate. The translation isn't perfect and is funny at times, but it's good enough.

Do not give up , Diego Gonzalez and his challenge of playing in the NCAA

Friday, May 30, 2014 22:33

Author : Hector Salinas

Source : In the zone

It has been almost a year since Diego Gonzalez (No. 14 ) was chosen to be part of the team of the Colorado Buffaloes , equipment belonging to the Pac 12 Conference first division of the NCAA ; the highest level in college football .

Diego gave the interview from his home , he will tell us your experience so far with the team of Boulder , Colorado; their experiences and how you have lived this dream of playing in the NCAA.

Diego ? Platícanos how was your transition from playing at ITESM team to belong to the Colorado Buffaloes ?

D. G. It was very different but it was very nice, very pleasant to trip me feel very comfortable , I have improved obviously being the 'coaching you have in college, I'm at the highest level that can be in college , training I demand more are different but all very good.

Have you had trouble adapt?

D. G. My teammates are helping me too much and the coaches are concerned about how nothing will athletically, are tuned, ask if you feel good , how is your family. My coach Toby Neinas also asked for my brother , my friends.

The coach Toby Neinas is very impressed by your work so far, what would be your strategy to get a starting job ?

For the position I play kicker , details are key right now is what I have to focus , returning to Colorado I have to focus in the gym, be physically fit , be 100 percent , the little details to improve my consistency and fight for the post of field goal kicker .

Your competition for this season is the final year kickers Will Oliver and punter Darragh O'Neill.

D. G. Competition is against the two , right now I think I see more "easy" to fight for the position of field goals on clearance right now I feel that I need to improve further.

How was the game of Spring Game?

D. G. Very good, very different compared to here ( Mexico ) , in that game I think there were more people coming to watch the football in Mexico unfortunately. It's really cool , because nothing is going to play in the locker healthy competition is generated , we started to challenge before the game ; all the players are working hard to show who can be the owner.

Unfortunately I had an injury, nothing had kicked field goal and one extra point. At halftime I told Coach (Toby Neinas ) having a nuisance, the coach told me to no longer participate , should take care not to risk it and lose some games of the regular season.

What part of your body was the injury?

D. G. I pubitis in an injury to the lower abdomen , is like a small tear , I'm in therapy , and I was trying here in Monterrey ; before coming to the trainers of the Buffaloes were helping me and right now I feel better , I have not kicked, I do not want to hurt me here , I want to be a hundred percent sure.

Was it hard work to adapt the level of play of the NCAA after a year in Mexico in Major League ?

D. G. I will play this season as a sophomore ; I was told a year of eligibility by the NCAA rule when you're are transferred from one university to another , you must rest for one year ( redshirt ) . I will not say it was easy, if it was difficult ; and all the players you pull for better being there; my teammates and coaches .

The big difference I see is the speed of the game , most players are very fast ; I have to hurry and kick faster. That was what I found most difficult at first because I was not used to that.

Is the first challenge was getting used to the game speed ?

D. G. So , the speed of the game and my position on field goals , height ; the height of the ball, you have to raise more than the kick by the stature of the players are bigger and easier than the block .

Did you feel any change to play in the City of Monterey to Boulder, Colorado?

D. G. I did not feel much change, I know that in theory when you're playing in a city with higher altitude , the ball flies faster and you get tired ; Being there was no difference, Oliver was telling Will that he felt that change, he told me " do I, do not know why , you have to feel it ."

When I played here in Mexico and I had to travel to Mexico City to Puebla Toluca or there was a change , I felt tired faster and the ball traveled much ; back in Boulder do not feel much difference.

What was it that you asked the Coach Toby Neinas special equipment to improve your kicking technique ?

D. G. The first thing he asked me was kicking faster, the "operation time" is the time it takes to kick the ball as focused , I was used to a slower pace , I took a long time , that was the first thing he asked me told me " you have to kick more field goals faster or if you are not going to block all " . Now you are asking me the same but punts kicks it a little faster .

What do you consider your strength to fight for the title ?

D. G. My strength is the power of my kicks , I have to work a little more on the consistency of my kicking field goals , kickoff . Head Coach Mike MacIntyre and special teams Coach told me they were very happy with the work I've been doing , it was fine not lower the level.

I think maybe the coach Toby Neinas was decided to divide us , Will Oliver field goal kicking , and I DarraghO'Neill clearing kicks kickoff . Nothing is certain in this league, I have to come to compete and kick well every day .

What do you think of distance kicking kickoff Will Oliver had last season , especially during the game against the Oregon Ducks , where they had a very hard against one of the fastest teams in the NCAA game?

D. G. Will Oliver is very good kicker , finished in the top 25 in the nation, boots fine kickoff , is a very different level , Oregon is a very fast team , are various factors may be the kicker , coverage ; is very difficult to hope I can help in that.

What did you think of the level of the PAC 12 Conference ?

D. G. It is a very difficult conference is one of the strongest in the United States with the SEC , are very large and very fast computers , we 're taking all the enthusiasm and preparing to be at the same level as them.

How did you live the first game against the Colorado State Rams ?

D. G. That first game, as I could not participate in the band was playing , it is very different compared to the level you are in Mexico , a big change ; I came out of the tunnel and I commented to my dad, I ran with the team and people screaming , it gave me goosebumps , but was very excited because I hope this year is better and able to play.

How about the timetable of 2014 , what they need to improve the performance they had last season ?

DG right now and I think the fact of working longer with the coaching staff , the team and have more time together , more cohesion , I think we'll have a much better season, throw forward and try to win no we can lose any game before playing despite rivals .

Regarding scholarships , what difference did you notice you have a ITESM and the University of Colorado?

D. G. I see a little more difficult level of the University of Colorado , maybe because all the classes are in English, but not much change, the classes are difficult here will be complicated everywhere, I feel it is more or less the same.

Would you like to reach the N.F.L ?

D. G. Sure, it is a goal , but do not think much about it, I want to go step by step, the important thing right now is to win the job in Colorado, finishing my eligibility

What would you recommend to players from Mexico , after the two players formed last year at Tec de Monterrey receive a scholarship to play at Colorado Lamothe and Adrian in Alabama ?

D. G. The main thing is not to give up , I know many what you say but it's true , I was dealing with here two years and receive calls, receive emails you offering the scholarship and then to last forever no, once was almost sure a University and fired Coach and I collapsed all obviously if you feel ugly, you agüitas and all but throwing it forward and focusing on the dream you have to reach nothing is impossible, if you can.

Gracious people like your comments are welcome , please contact me

In hecmansalz71@gmail.com And Twitter@Enlazonadetd.com

http://www.tackleo.com/index.php?op...catid=2612:en-la-zona-de-anotacion&Itemid=294

Interesting thing about reporting that injury....too bad a full-time, sports "journalist" like Ringo (and I use that term "journalist" lightly, when speaking of Ringo) couldn't have let us in on this little secret at the time!

Back