What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Iowa State, KU, KSU, Baylor refuse to waive right to sue (was ISU refuses)

Question for the lawyers - if the member institutions have already agreed to a liquidated damages clause which governs the amount of damages for a member institution's departure, what leverage do Baylor and the other have-nots have in their threat to sue?

Question for the lawyers - if the member institutions have already agreed to a liquidated damages clause which governs the amount of damages for a member institution's departure, what leverage do Baylor and the other have-nots have in their threat to sue?

Liquidated damages clauses are UNENFORCEABLE!!!!

Not completely true. Just not favored. This seems like one of the situations where it could be enforced. Might Depend on which states law is applied

Hey, **** you. It's already September, you're supposed to have forgotten all that bar exam knowledge by now. Noob.

Also, they're not threatening to sue A&M, a party to the agreement, they are threatening to sue the SEC for copping their steez.
I know that, but allowing Baylor to sue another conference instead of A&M essentially renders the liquidated damages clause meaningless.

I want to see Baylor sue the SEC and see A&M sue Baylor for suing the SEC.

I hope the SEC sues the Big 12 over this. Just a week ago, the Big 12 supposedly sent a waiver of the lawsuit option. On top of that, the Big 12 tried to poach Arkansas. The Big 12 is on dangerous ground here.

I believe the conference has given the waiver, but not the individual schools.

I believe the conference has given the waiver, but not the individual schools.

From Beebe to SEC:

This is to confirm our discussion yesterday during which I informed you that the Big 12
Conference Board of Directors unanimously authorized me to convey to you and their colleagues
in the Southeastern Conference that the Big 12 and its members will not take any legal action for
any possible claims against the SEC or its members relating to the departure of Texas A&M
University from the Big 12 and the admission of Texas A&M into the SEC; provided, however,
that such act by the SEC to admit Texas A&M is publicly confirmed by 5:00 p.m. (CDT) on
September 8, 2011.

Either Beebe is a ****tard, or some members changed their minds.

I hope the SEC sues the Big 12 over this. Just a week ago, the Big 12 supposedly sent a waiver of the lawsuit option. On top of that, the Big 12 tried to poach Arkansas. The Big 12 is on dangerous ground here.

I hope the SEC rescinds the offer to aggy and the Longhorn Conference goes on forever.

I hope the SEC rescinds the offer to aggy and the Longhorn Conference goes on forever.

A relevant song from one of my favorite Aggies (sp?):

[video=youtube;oMjWV2lqlqQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMjWV2lqlqQ[/video]

Back