What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Irv and Joe

Unleash Hell

They were drooling over what CU did to WVU. Joe said he would be surprised to see CU win 6 games this year before the season. Now he thinks7-8 wins and the only for sure loss is Mizzou. He says we have a chance at FSU and Kansas, predicts a win over Texass, and gaurantees a win over Nebraska. As always take Joes words with a grain of salt, but it was just funny how all of a sudden he is all about CU. Irv was raving about how much that game will do for CU's recruiting.

I am surprised Joe didnt start rambling about the J&J's plumbing during the set...senility is a bad thing

Joe said he would be surprised to see CU win 6 games this year before the season. Now he thinks7-8 wins and the only for sure loss is Mizzou.

there are a number of allbuffers who said the same thing. call me crazy, i NEVER was willing to surrender the WVU game to an absolute loss.

some call the way i see it as lacking a sense of football knowledge. i think it is high time they shut the hell up. six wins, to me, was an absolute horror of a season, and the WORST it could get. 7-8 to me were reasonable. hopefully, i get to check my reasonable expectations and be pleasantly suprised with this season's results.

the buffs were their own worst enemy thursday - i am going to guess that we gel further and we will not kill our own engines in the red zone. that will make a difference.

Statler%20and%20Waldorf%20pimps.jpeg

Irv's muttering is out of control and I do not like "Jimmy" Armstrong, he's a Wisconsin/Packer shill and a loudmouth.
I moved out of Denver in 1990...good to see that Irv is still the same. Does he still call basketball games (ie, Nuggets) and use the terms "puppy" for a layup and "cherry-picking"?

Yup. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he coach Robert Redford while he was playing here.

I see Irv at some basketball games every now and then. He's a good guy.
His boy is a good dude too...

Irv's a good man and Joe is a big time CU homer. Irv also was an assistant on Crowder's staff, I think he coached the DB's

Joe is a "big time CU homer" when we play 'braska. No time else. He loves Air Force and CSU now. He loved "Sonny" and "Fisher." I can't figure Irv out. I think he wants to give the impression that he is "objective" despite his kid coaching at CU. He almost goes out of the way to dis CU. I"m getting sick of both of them. Especially after they almost tripped over themselves to slap CU on the back after the WVU win after giving them no hope before that.

I stopped listening to The Fan after they broke up Sandy and Moser... all the shows suck.

I think they need to get Terry Frei paired up with someone.

Ugh, cant stand them. Maybe its just Hastings stuttering and trying to be black.

One thing Ive wondered, who the hell is Buddy Martin and why do we care what he has to say?

Hastings is like fingernails on a blackboard. Buddy Martin used to be the sports editor for the Post many moons ago. For some reason they think he's still relevant. :confused:

i used to listen to KKFN pretty regularly but it got so inane i quit about 2 years ago. i'll listen every once in a while but i don't feel like i miss anything. i honestly don't really care that much about the Broncos and the Avs.

i'm sure he's a harmless enough guy in person, but i cannot stand listening to Mike Evans talk about anything. Sandy spends so much time trying to be "counter-intuitive" it's sort of ridiculous.

i'm sure he's a harmless enough guy in person, but i cannot stand listening to Mike Evans talk about anything. .

OMG, so true. I am driving to work at 5am when they come on and you should hear the retarded **** he talks about at that hour. Lots of stories of him taking out his trash, chasing his dog, etc.

If all these sports radio guys suck, why do you guys all listen to them. Is it, I have to watch replays of the game I just watched on Sportscenter syndrome or something deeper?

OMG, so true. I am driving to work at 5am when they come on and you should hear the retarded **** he talks about at that hour. Lots of stories of him taking out his trash, chasing his dog, etc.

i remember that kind of Evans prattle. the life and times of the domestic everyman. Mike Evans, household hero.

I wonder about the need for a Buddy Martin segment every Friday as well. During the preseason, they asked him about QBs that could be Heisman contenders and of course Buddy rambled for five minutes on Tim Tebow being so great and then says "Chase Daniel is a decent little QB too...":rolleyes:

I wonder about the need for a Buddy Martin segment every Friday as well. During the preseason, they asked him about QBs that could be Heisman contenders and of course Buddy rambled for five minutes on Tim Tebow being so great and then says "Chase Daniel is a decent little QB too...":rolleyes:

I think Martin is editor of the Gator Reoprt or some such garbage, he's complete waste of time.

Back