What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is anybody really disappointed?

I expected 3-4 wins so I'm pleased we didn't fail to meet expectations from that standpoint, but we still seem to be getting lapped on the recruiting trail so even though MM got dealt a ****ty hand with the state of the program when he took over, I'm still concerned we're not improving as fast as our competition in the PAC 12.

2014: Cal at Cal is still easy. UMass and Hawaii are horrid. There's three. CSU will be a coin flip. Grayson improved massively against all expectations, and the running game will be good even if Bibbs leaves. Need to win that one and I think we will. So there's four. Maybe AZ, with Carey gone. RichRod is an idiot - don't know how he did so well at WV. Maybe Utah. Maybe.

This year MM baled water from a sinking ship that was going in the direction of Old KState, Old Temple or the worst years of UNLV or UTEP. Onr of the metrics I use is "beating the teams you're supposed to beat". It's the first sign of a pulse. It'd be nice to get those Calif JUCOs (DL and DB - San Mateo).

You're overrating CSU's progress, the MWC is awful.

I'm not too disappointed. I have guarded optimism for the future. IMO Mac is the right man for the job, Sefo should be much improved, Addison should be fun to watch for the next few years as I think he will emerge as the leader of the LB's next year. CB's should be better, depth is probably my biggest concern and hopefully good recruiting will take care of that. If P-rich does leave, that could become a huge hole to fill.

Having a chance at a bowl game the week before Thanksgiving was great and we didn't lose to either FCS team but I'm not sold on things improving until we can still be in games in the 4th qtr against the good conference teams. If we had a season more like Utah's season in conference play, then I'd be fired up about next season.

We need quality QB depth behind Lifau and I'm not completely sold on Lifau as our QB of the future. Just look at Nebraska's injuries at QB and Bo Pelini did a good job coaching this season.

i will not watch CU football next season. I will watch in '15 if there are almost no more 20+ point blowout losses next season. Sorry fellas I'm just not seeing much progress this season from last season on the scoreboard...it means more to me than the team's record.

Sorry to rain on the sunshine pumping parade but like Manziel once said on Twitter, the scoreboard is what matters.

I am sure you won't watch CU football next year, with the exception of the CU/CSU game. And just CSU after that. Not sure where your 'Buff' comes from Nash, but I have never seen someone more negative about CU while being more positive about CSU in my life (outside of an admitted CSU fan).

I am not disappointed. They passed my expectations of wins and losses. But more importantly they looked night and day better (while still be a statistically bad team). They are clearly better coached. This staff has a lot of upside. I am not disappointed.

My big fear is that we could actually improve but continue to be a PAC 12 doormat because the rest of the conference is either light years ahead of us in all departments, or the others are improving faster than us. WSU is moving back to the middle of the pack it seems. Cal won't have the crazy amount of injuries they had this year. Utah recruits far better along the lines. Who do we leapfrog?

But this year showed progress, no doubt. Mac has them pointed in the right direction at least. And besides PRich, we lose nobody that can't be replaced or upgraded. So a bowl next season isn't out of the question.

Having a chance at a bowl game the week before Thanksgiving was great and we didn't lose to either FCS team but I'm not sold on things improving until we can still be in games in the 4th qtr against the good conference teams. If we had a season more like Utah's season in conference play, then I'd be fired up about next season.

We need quality QB depth behind Lifau and I'm not completely sold on Lifau as our QB of the future. Just look at Nebraska's injuries at QB and Bo Pelini did a good job coaching this season.

i will not watch CU football next season. I will watch in '15 if there are almost no more 20+ point blowout losses next season. Sorry fellas I'm just not seeing much progress this season from last season on the scoreboard...it means more to me than the team's record.

Sorry to rain on the sunshine pumping parade but like Manziel once said on Twitter, the scoreboard is what matters.
Take your **** to LambNation then, I'm sure they'll be glad to hear about CSU going to the Big 12

Yes, we saw some teams improving. But it isn't like ASU, UA, UW, OSU, WSU will all become Bama for the next 20 years. They will reach a level and then will go up and down in different years, some stronger than others. I think CU will be in the mix in two years. bowl games, 6 to 9 win seasons average coming after that. With a sprinkling of 10 plus win seasons here and there. Just like the other teams. Not everyone went up either Sacky.....UO is down this year, and who knows is USC gets a great coach or just a big name that can't put it together there. I think UA will come down next year a bit, and USLA is still a big question mark. Not saying we will pass everyone....we are years from even knowing if we have a chance of that. But I see CU being competitive in two to three years in a big way.

the others are improving faster than us.

This sentiment is all over this board today. What are we basing this on? We have had Mac for one year, how the hell do you know what his 'improvement' arc is going to be? Looking at his tenure at SJSU, you could say that there are very few coaches in the nation that improve as much and as quickly as he does. Maybe, just maybe he knows what to do.

The only disappointment I have is that I think CU may have left a game, possibly two, on the field. Progress was made. This team was better than last year's team. I expect next year's team to be better still. Nothing flashy, but steady progress is a good thing, IMO.

If you think they left a game on the field you should be really disappointed (Utah game could of easily been a win). I do not know about satisfied, too many negatives to be satisfied. The team finished about where I thought they would and I had very low expectations.

They played about as I expected, which was a 2 win season. Preseason we didn't know we'd catch 3 FCS/caliber teams, sorry flukes. MM seems to be a good coach, but we're falling further behind in talent. 6 wins at least seems possible next year, which we really need to show continued improvement for recruiting.

Back